Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: VA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by fishman100 »

FullMetalMaple wrote: I definitely understand, though - I'm incredibly busy right now, too. Last year, I had over 4,000 words on the first day, but I've barely broken 2,000 so far. I think I'll just start getting up at five every morning to get my writing done, else I probably won't win.
Chances are I'll be writing my entire short story on night of November 29 :P
Langley HS Science Olympiad '15
AlphaTauri
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: PA

Post by AlphaTauri »

I still think you all are insane for trying to write so much in a month. I enjoy writing fiction when I can come up with ideas, but only occasionally (i.e. when I feel like it). There are probably several people here who can testify to my sporadic and lackadaisical approach to writing. :P

In other news, I need a vacation. Or some sleep.
Hershey Science Olympiad 2009 - 2014
Volunteer for Michigan SO 2015 - 2018

]\/[ Go Blue!
tuftedtitmouse12

Post by tuftedtitmouse12 »

Filler
Last edited by tuftedtitmouse12 on May 15th, 2012, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peter, peter, peter
foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

How the heck do I do anything on NaNoWrimo?!
I'm sorry, I have figured out basically nothing about the site yet...including how to upload my story.
EDIT: I figured it out.
And in the spirit of things, my NaNoWriMo account is foreverphysics. Big surprise.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
EpicFailOlympian
State: MO

Post by EpicFailOlympian »

For all of you: (esp. Z and FMM) what do you usually write with? Pen and paper? [My hand gets too tired] Microsoft Word? [I stop writing and look for diversions, like cats jumping off furniture. Microsoft has a creepy way of shutting you brain down with the blue and white background, like what's happening to me now while posting this] by WordPad? [pigeon speech recognition software, I refuse to say "period" after each sentence.]
20:05~<EpicFailOlympian> On this day, in the third age of man, EpicFailOlympian has posted. Let there be rejoicing in the streets and cake for all.

<roboefo> (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<robobear> well u know what efo, the table's angry
<robobear> ┬─┬ ︵ /(.□. \)I am 97th Assassinator
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly »

EpicFailOlympian wrote:For all of you: (esp. Z and FMM) what do you usually write with? Pen and paper? [My hand gets too tired] Microsoft Word? [I stop writing and look for diversions, like cats jumping off furniture. Microsoft has a creepy way of shutting you brain down with the blue and white background, like what's happening to me now while posting this] by WordPad? [butterfly speech recognition software, I refuse to say "period" after each sentence.]
I did NaNo two (three?) years in a row, before wild College Applications appeared, and I recommend http://writeordie.com/.
Last edited by Kokonilly on November 2nd, 2011, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: IL

Post by Skink »

I'd assume a majority uses MS Word. Aspiring novelists tend to work digitally. I couldn't imagine handwriting everything and then having to typewrite it later...
harryk
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX

Post by harryk »

So my precal teahcer made us two giant bowls of fried rice and a large tray of some stir fry egg noodles, Horrah for re-test days :D
Colorado School of Mines
"Yes, he likes that; Alfie! Though personally he prefers to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All" - The Doctor, Closing Time
tuftedtitmouse12

Post by tuftedtitmouse12 »

yWriter5 is good for organizing your novel, but its impossible to get everything together, and especially if you are like me, with many scenes and no definite chapters yet, it is impossibly irritating to have to have a new "mini doc" for each scene, and see a "chapter 1" heading >.<

so, I think I'll stick with my ole buddy MS word this year
peter, peter, peter
chia
State: IL

Post by chia »

I considered trying NaNoWriMo for all of thirty seconds, until I remembered I'm no good at writing. :lol:
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>

Return to “General Chat”