Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
stenopushispidus
State: HI

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by stenopushispidus »

twoplustwoisten wrote: April 8th, 2021, 4:25 pm
stenopushispidus wrote: April 8th, 2021, 2:42 pm
twoplustwoisten wrote: April 8th, 2021, 2:35 pm

well, where did you get your human flavoured potatoes and/or potato flavoured humans?
idaho ;)

on a brighter note, the preface of this book i’m starting to read is “how to hide a body”
ok i have one VERY large problem with that, you were here and didn't come say hi? D:

that book sounds epic
i said hi but i was disguised as food and you didn’t say hi because you didn’t eat :?

it is epic but the first chapter is...concerning
i try to exist sometimes

Tournament Volunteering:
• Co-Writer/Grader for Menomonie Dynamic Planet (B)
• Co-Writer/Grader for Menomonie Water Quality (B)
• Writer/Grader for February SMEC Water Quality (C)
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by BennyTheJett »

stenopushispidus wrote: April 8th, 2021, 4:55 pm

idaho ;)

on a brighter note, the preface of this book i’m starting to read is “how to hide a body”
ok i have one VERY large problem with that, you were here and didn't come say hi? D:

that book sounds epic
i said hi but i was disguised as food and you didn’t say hi because you didn’t eat :?

Steno, is this where I need to be worried?
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
twoplustwoisten
Division: C
State: ID

Post by twoplustwoisten »

idaho ;)

that book sounds epic

this is slander of the highest degree i've eaten recently D:<

should i read it?
********************__
*******************/ _)
*********_.-------._/ /
*******/--------------/
****__/ (**|------(**|
___/__.-'|_|_____|_|
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

twoplustwoisten wrote: April 8th, 2021, 5:52 pm

that book sounds epic

should i read it?
Ugg i want the next two weeks I get to do three more rounds tomorrow.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog
stenopushispidus

hahaha i got 2 squids today
These users thanked the author stenopushispidus for the post:
twoplustwoisten (April 10th, 2021, 8:44 am)
i try to exist sometimes

Tournament Volunteering:
stenopushispidus

that book sounds epic

should i read it?
define “recently” smh

i mean you can if you want to? it is a very good book (name of the book is “When We Were Magic”)
i try to exist sometimes

Tournament Volunteering:
twoplustwoisten
State: ID

Post by twoplustwoisten »

stenopushispidus wrote: April 9th, 2021, 9:43 pm

should i read it?
define “recently” smh

i mean you can if you want to? it is a very good book (name of the book is “When We Were Magic”)
*then* recently was like 7 hours before and then half an hour later i got sushi yay. *now* recently is like overnight because i don't eat breakfast :/

i'll take a peek :D
********************__
*******************/ _)
*********_.-------._/ /
*******/--------------/
****__/ (**|------(**|
___/__.-'|_|_____|_|
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

BennyTheJett wrote: April 8th, 2021, 5:46 pm

that book sounds epic

Steno, is this where I need to be worried?
Bye Bye Birdie starts tonight at my school! Can't wait for this Valentine's Day butterfly to be over with.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog
JasperKota
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by JasperKota »

I competed in my last Scioly competition today. It didn't feel like it. There was no bus ride with my team, no cheesy but traditional motivational speech ending with a "hands in" before the first events. I didn't even get to see half of my teammates, just heard their voices through speakers. I didn't get to carry the boxes too big for my arms through snow in April, didn't get to pass out in an uncomfortable desk from running on a few hours of sleep once the adrenaline finally ran out after my last event. I miss the energy, the excitement, even the inevitable chaotic mess that comes with build events from last minute transportation breakages or nightmare practice runs.

Scioly just wasn't really scioly to me this year. But it's made me all the more grateful for the others years I did get to experience. It gave me a first glimpse into engineering, introduced concepts and topics I would have never touched upon just in the classroom, connected me with an amazing community and incredible people, led to my discovery of this awesome site. I used to spends hours and hours of my day scrolling through the forums, playing Assassination Games, reading and editing the wiki (even while visiting family in China), or idling in the since long-forgotten IRC.

This community is amazing. To anyone else who's season is still ongoing or has years more of scioly to participate in --- cherish those opportunities. I didn't realize how much I'd miss it once it's finally over. We'll see if I move on to Division D... imagine being that old :mrgreen:
These users thanked the author JasperKota for the post (total 11):
gz839918 (April 10th, 2021, 4:11 pm) • Person (April 10th, 2021, 4:40 pm) • CookiePie1 (April 10th, 2021, 5:12 pm) • Umaroth (April 10th, 2021, 5:26 pm) • bernard (April 10th, 2021, 7:13 pm) • azboy1910 (April 10th, 2021, 7:17 pm) • Taro (April 10th, 2021, 8:48 pm) • MorningCoffee (April 11th, 2021, 5:23 am) • CPScienceDude (April 11th, 2021, 9:48 am) • LittleMissNyan (April 11th, 2021, 10:26 am) and one more user
2020 Events: Fossils, Gravity Vehicle, Wright Stuff, Ping Pong Parachute
2019 Events: Fossils, Mousetrap Vehicle, Wright Stuff
2018 Events: Helicopters, Mousetrap Vehicle, Parasitology, WIDI
2017 Events: Ecology, Invasives, Wright Stuff
2016 Events: Crave the Wave, Dynamic Planet, Invasives
gz839918
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: WI
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by gz839918 »

JasperKota wrote: April 10th, 2021, 3:21 pm I competed in my last Scioly competition today. It didn't feel like it. There was no bus ride with my team, no cheesy but traditional motivational speech ending with a "hands in" before the first events. I didn't even get to see half of my teammates, just heard their voices through speakers. I didn't get to carry the boxes too big for my arms through snow in April, didn't get to pass out in an uncomfortable desk from running on a few hours of sleep once the adrenaline finally ran out after my last event. I miss the energy, the excitement, even the inevitable chaotic mess that comes with build events from last minute transportation breakages or nightmare practice runs.

Scioly just wasn't really scioly to me this year. But it's made me all the more grateful for the others years I did get to experience. It gave me a first glimpse into engineering, introduced concepts and topics I would have never touched upon just in the classroom, connected me with an amazing community and incredible people, led to my discovery of this awesome site. I used to spends hours and hours of my day scrolling through the forums, playing Assassination Games, reading and editing the wiki (even while visiting family in China), or idling in the since long-forgotten IRC.

This community is amazing. To anyone else who's season is still ongoing or has years more of scioly to participate in --- cherish those opportunities. I didn't realize how much I'd miss it once it's finally over. We'll see if I move on to Division D... imagine being that old :mrgreen:
Awwww, this post was so (bitter)sweet to read! Science Olympiad has a special place in all of our fondest memories, and it's so sad that the pandemic had to uproot a lot of favorite traditions, even then ones nobody thought they'd miss :(

I know I've read your writing before, but it's still touching to know how much SciOly means to you <3 We'll still be around in case you want to come back and say hi!
I ❤ sounds of music! About meRate my tests

Carmel High School ’19
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ’23
“People overestimate what they can do in a day, and underestimate what they can do in a lifetime.” –Unknown

Return to “General Chat”