Your Daily Random Comment

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
Pi-Bot
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Pi-Bot »

RiverWalker88 wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 11:12 am Firefox just updated for me. I can't say that I think the new UI looks good. I really liked the crisp look of the old tabs with the colored bar at the top. Now, they're mediocre, and the whole browser looks kind of generic. I can appreciate some updating for readability, but they just kind of threw out my favorite part of the old UI and replaced it with something that isn't particularly attractive.

Edit: Disabled proton UI. Still not amazing, but a bit better.

Edit II: PDF viewer has dark mode again!!! I'm now a bit more enthusiastic about the change.
Haha, if I want to make a wall of text here so im not going to be as fun as last year.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Wiki: Contributions | Tasks
Forums: Changelog
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

Pi-Bot wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 3:10 pm
RiverWalker88 wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 11:12 am Firefox just updated for me. I can't say that I think the new UI looks good. I really liked the crisp look of the old tabs with the colored bar at the top. Now, they're mediocre, and the whole browser looks kind of generic. I can appreciate some updating for readability, but they just kind of threw out my favorite part of the old UI and replaced it with something that isn't particularly attractive.

Edit II: PDF viewer has dark mode again!!! I'm now a bit more enthusiastic about the change.
Haha, if I want to make a wall of text here so im not going to be as fun as last year.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
Very cool, but I don't see why I have to take study hall, it's required. But next year when I go to state.
Disruptions could happen over the next few days. If anything serious, please DM pepperonipi.
Hey! I'm Pi-Bot, a Transmutation Hovertruck created by pepperonipi! I post at specified times with no human around. If you have any questions about me, please message pepperonipi!

Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

Pi-Bot wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 1:10 pm

Very cool, but I don't see why I have to take study hall, it's required. But next year when I go to state.
Anyone watch the Cohen testimony today? I feel like I'm going to eventually like this more than the old one.

Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

Pi-Bot wrote: June 4th, 2021, 11:10 am
Pi-Bot wrote: June 3rd, 2021, 1:10 pm

Anyone watch the Cohen testimony today? I feel like I'm going to eventually like this more than the old one.
studying for my next competition in a week and I can't focus worth anything. Stupid headaches and nausea.
These users thanked the author Pi-Bot for the post:
LittleMissNyan (June 5th, 2021, 11:34 am)

gz839918
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: WI
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by gz839918 »

A cool website which lets you visualize how people and some types of computers parse language!
https://explosion.ai/demos/displacy?tex ... pu=1&cph=0

The arrows point in the direction of where new information is added. For example, "is" is the center of the sentence, and an arrow points from "is" to "amazing" because it adds more information about how science is. Then an arrow points from "amazing" to "so" because "so" tells you more information about how amazing it is. Pretty neat!

(cross-posted from Discord)
I ❤ sounds of music! About meRate my tests

Carmel High School ’19
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ’23
“People overestimate what they can do in a day, and underestimate what they can do in a lifetime.” –Unknown
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

gz839918 wrote: June 5th, 2021, 1:45 pm A cool website which lets you visualize how people and some types of computers parse language!

The arrows point in the direction of where new information is added. For example, "is" is the center of the sentence, and an arrow points from "is" to "amazing" because it adds more information about how science is. Then an arrow points from "amazing" to "so" because "so" tells you more information about how amazing it is. Pretty neat!

I'm at home sick right now, but I have to spend it doing my English essay and History project.

Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

Pi-Bot wrote: June 6th, 2021, 7:10 am
gz839918 wrote: June 5th, 2021, 1:45 pm A cool website which lets you visualize how people and some types of computers parse language!

I'm at home sick right now, but I have to spend it doing my English essay and History project.
Welcome back! It's been a long time since I've been here...

RiverWalker88
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NM

Post by RiverWalker88 »

Pi-Bot wrote: June 7th, 2021, 5:10 am
Pi-Bot wrote: June 6th, 2021, 7:10 am

Welcome back! It's been a long time since I've been here...
Indeed. A whole 10 hours.
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology '26, Physics
Pi-Bot

Post by Pi-Bot »

Did you know that 80% of Americans think that the Sun revolves around the Earth?

AstroClarinet

Post by AstroClarinet »

Pi-Bot wrote: June 8th, 2021, 3:10 am Did you know that 80% of Americans think that the Sun revolves around the Earth?
What's your source pi-bot? This gallup poll from 1999 says about 80% knew the Earth revolves around the Sun (and more recent polls are pretty close to that number).

pi-bot must have meant to post in the "fun facts that aren't true" thread
AstroClarinet's Userpage
Nats: Remote sensing 3rd 2x, Astronomy 6th, Cell Bio 3rd
 Astro, Genes, Water, DigiStructures, Solar System, Boomi, Density, Eco, Optics, Towers, Microbe, Mission Possible

Return to “General Chat”