Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
Cheesy Pie
Division: Grad
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by Cheesy Pie » December 6th, 2011, 6:29 pm

SHE PICKS ON ME IN CLASS! SHE FINDS WAYS TO DEDUCT POINTS! Science et maths es mon prefere sujets, but I'm doing worst in them! And she teaches both! Tu ne comprende pas!
100% of deaths are somehow caused by science.
Don't be a statistic.
Don't do science.

Naperville Central High School '17 :arrow: Michigan State University Physics '21
GO GREEN GO WHITE

FullMetalMaple
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: KS

Post by FullMetalMaple » December 6th, 2011, 6:44 pm

Cheesy Pie wrote:SHE PICKS ON ME IN CLASS! SHE FINDS WAYS TO DEDUCT POINTS! Science et maths es mon prefere sujets, but I'm doing worst in them! And she teaches both! Tu ne comprende pas!
Ah. In that case, I actually do understand. My freshman science teacher was just like that to me, to the point of almost destroying all my love for science (my current teacher is a lot like that, too). Thank Heaven for amazing biology teachers.

Just don't let her bother you too much. I hope you don't have her as a teacher again.

Cheesy Pie

Post by Cheesy Pie » December 6th, 2011, 7:23 pm

I will next year for social studies. AND she's the main SO coach at my school. I'm even considering quitting the team.
100% of deaths are somehow caused by science.
Don't be a statistic.
Don't do science.

Naperville Central High School '17 :arrow: Michigan State University Physics '21
GO GREEN GO WHITE

tuftedtitmouse12

Post by tuftedtitmouse12 » December 6th, 2011, 7:26 pm

Yes! Finally got the Inheritance! :)
peter, peter, peter

PacificGoldenPlover
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by PacificGoldenPlover » December 6th, 2011, 8:07 pm

Cheesy Pie wrote:SHE PICKS ON ME IN CLASS! SHE FINDS WAYS TO DEDUCT POINTS! Les Sciences et les maths sont mes sujets prefere, but I'm doing worst in them! And she teaches both! Tu ne comprends pas!
Sorry, just had to do that.

Anyway, good luck!
How does she deduct points unfairly? I've seen lots of teachers deduct points for stupid reasons, but usually those cuts are universal.
Life List: n. A list of bird species definitively seen by a birdwatcher.
PacificGoldenPlover's Life List : 319
Most recent lifer: Red-throated Loon

2014 (Mira Loma/Troy/Regionals/States/Nationals)
Dynamic Planet (2/2/1/1/1)
Designer Genes (1/4/1/13 (???)/13 (figures)
Water Quality (1/1/3/1/3)

EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: MD
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 » December 7th, 2011, 7:54 am

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:Okay, I need to clarify something. Exactly how does Quiz Bowl work? I mean I get the answering questions thing, but are there invites, regionals, and states like Science Olympiad or is it set up differently? Our area has Scholastic Scrimmage, which is like Quiz Bowl, and we compete in our conference and have one regional competition. I'd like to know if we could integrate Quiz Bowl into this, and what would happen if we would.
Restating my question.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

Littleboy
Division: C

Post by Littleboy » December 7th, 2011, 10:53 am

70 years ago Pearl Harbor was bombed.

haverstall
State: MN

Post by haverstall » December 7th, 2011, 9:09 pm

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:Okay, I need to clarify something. Exactly how does Quiz Bowl work? I mean I get the answering questions thing, but are there invites, regionals, and states like Science Olympiad or is it set up differently? Our area has Scholastic Scrimmage, which is like Quiz Bowl, and we compete in our conference and have one regional competition. I'd like to know if we could integrate Quiz Bowl into this, and what would happen if we would.
The rules kinda differ for each state.

In Minnesota, we have the Minnesota High School Quiz Bowl League, which runs 3 meets a year for 4 separate divisions based on regions. In each meet, each team has 4 games, coming to a total of 12 for the season. For the first meet usually, we'll have random matches, but A teams usually play A teams, B teams play B teams, so on and so forth. For the 2nd and 3rd meets, they become power matches, and your ranking decides who you play. For example, my team currently is 4-0. We will be playing the other 4-0 teams in our division. So on and so forth.

The top 4 teams in each division move onto the State Meet (kokonilly/luo correct me if I'm wrong.) bringing a total of 16 teams in the competition, and I do believe the state meet is double elimination.

The main goal is qualifying for nationals, and if you qualify for state, you automatically get qualified for nationals (which doesn't guarantee you a spot. You still need to register before the meet fills up.) There are also invites, which if under NAQT rules, can qualify teams for nationals.

I hope that answers your question.
Mounds View Science Olympiad 2008-2012 || 6th, Remote Sensing, 2011 Nationals

Co-Tournament Coordinator of Gopher Science Olympiad Invitational
Co-Chair of Minnesota Science Olympiad Alumni

Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Kokonilly » December 7th, 2011, 9:48 pm

haverstall wrote:The top 4 teams in each division move onto the State Meet (kokonilly/luo correct me if I'm wrong.) bringing a total of 16 teams in the competition, and I do believe the state meet is double elimination.
That sounds right, though if I recall correctly we only played one match at state (and lost), hung around for a bit and talked to some people ( :P ), and left - so did we leave early, or is it not double-elimination?

haverstall
State: MN

Post by haverstall » December 8th, 2011, 6:19 am

Actually I was confused about that too. I just recall Mr. Hentzel saying this year during our meet that the state competition was double elimination.
Mounds View Science Olympiad 2008-2012 || 6th, Remote Sensing, 2011 Nationals

Co-Tournament Coordinator of Gopher Science Olympiad Invitational
Co-Chair of Minnesota Science Olympiad Alumni

Return to “General Chat”