Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
fozendog
Division: Grad
State: WA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Post by fozendog » August 21st, 2013, 12:27 pm

Liv wrote:GUESS WHO HAS TWO THUMBS AND IS OFFICIALLY AND LEGALLY DRIVING? with someone older than 21 at all times and only during certain hours.

THIS GAL.
+1 :lol:
Stanford '19
Camas Science Olympiad Alumnus
Events: Protein Modeling, Cell Biology, Disease Detectives, Experimental Design, Dynamic Planet, Water Quality

Cedavis6

Post by Cedavis6 » August 21st, 2013, 12:42 pm

Liv wrote:GUESS WHO HAS TWO THUMBS AND IS OFFICIALLY AND LEGALLY DRIVING? with someone older than 21 at all times and only during certain hours.

THIS GAL.
You have two thumbs?!?! :o :lol:

GUESS WHO HAS TWO THUMBS AND SUCCESFULLY TESTED OUT OF WORLD HISTORYby cramming

THIS GAL.

mrburrito
Division: B
State: TN

Post by mrburrito » August 21st, 2013, 2:02 pm

I'm now making over 1,000,000 cookies a second in the cookie game.
I bet you had to read this twice

Meliores Sumus Te

Visit my Wiki page: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Mrburrito

Teal
Division: C
State: WA

Post by Teal » August 21st, 2013, 7:03 pm

I tried packing for college today.
Instead I just ate 3 chocolate chip cookies.

My life has been a success thus far.

Also helped my friends with their scioly garage sale. We made enough money to send three kids to our first invite. Yay!
lol no
high school: birds, trees, widi, expdes, mousetrap, gravity
from the evergreen state to the farm, '17!

Cedavis6

Post by Cedavis6 » August 22nd, 2013, 4:12 pm

Sometimes, I wish that we could do without money in our world. It does cause a lot of problems. But, I guess it does provide a regulation of the trades of goods and services, which is important, because there are a lot of irresponsible people out there. But, I guess I do wish that one could better survive in our society without needing it too much...

mrburrito
Division: B
State: TN

Post by mrburrito » August 22nd, 2013, 4:55 pm

Cedavis6 wrote:Sometimes, I wish that we could do without money in our world. It does cause a lot of problems. But, I guess it does provide a regulation of the trades of goods and services, which is important, because there are a lot of irresponsible people out there. But, I guess I do wish that one could better survive in our society without needing it too much...
Yay communism for the win! :D
I bet you had to read this twice

Meliores Sumus Te

Visit my Wiki page: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Mrburrito

Cedavis6

Post by Cedavis6 » August 22nd, 2013, 5:00 pm

mrburrito wrote:
Cedavis6 wrote:Sometimes, I wish that we could do without money in our world. It does cause a lot of problems. But, I guess it does provide a regulation of the trades of goods and services, which is important, because there are a lot of irresponsible people out there. But, I guess I do wish that one could better survive in our society without needing it too much...
Not saying communism... Just saying money is a strange thing.

AlphaTauri
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: PA

Post by AlphaTauri » August 22nd, 2013, 5:36 pm

Cedavis6 wrote:
mrburrito wrote:
Not saying communism... Just saying money is a strange thing.
Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

And so the problem remained; lots of the people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches.

Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the oceans.

And then, one Thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, a girl sitting on her own in a small cafe in Rickmansworth suddenly realized what it was that had been going wrong all this time, and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything.

Sadly, however, before she could get to a phone to tell anyone about it, a terrible, stupid catastrophe occurred, and the idea was lost forever.
Hershey Science Olympiad 2009 - 2014
Volunteer for Michigan SO 2015 - 2018

]\/[ Go Blue!

Cedavis6

Post by Cedavis6 » August 22nd, 2013, 5:40 pm

^Exactly what I was thinking when I posted that.

caseyotis
Division: C
State: NY

Post by caseyotis » August 22nd, 2013, 5:55 pm

AlphaTauri wrote: Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

And so the problem remained; lots of the people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches.

Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no one should ever have left the oceans.

And then, one Thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, a girl sitting on her own in a small cafe in Rickmansworth suddenly realized what it was that had been going wrong all this time, and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything.

Sadly, however, before she could get to a phone to tell anyone about it, a terrible, stupid catastrophe occurred, and the idea was lost forever.
;~;
That was beautiful.
http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Caseyotis
Welcome, welcome
“Goodbye,” said the fox.
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the
eye.”
Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Return to “General Chat”