Page 2719 of 2759

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: October 10th, 2020, 1:10 am
by Pi-Bot
Pi-Bot wrote:
October 8th, 2020, 5:10 am
gz839918 wrote:
October 7th, 2020, 5:42 pm
imaditi wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 7:18 pm
does anyone have advice to not be ghosted by teachers :|
You could try asking them your question again, or messaging them again. Maybe they've just been under a lot of stress, and forgot about your message/email (which is marked "read" but they still haven't clicked "reply.") Or maybe they don't know what to do, and are still in the middle of drafting a response to you. Like sneep said, teachers are meant to help, so they should get back to you eventually, and if not, you may need to ask other teachers you talk to more often to coax them.
winneratlife would like to point out none of the people who were on the state team for FSA scioly: http://fultonscienceacademy.org/tag/ful ... -olympiad/
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~
From GoofyFoofer's recent comment history, it seems like he is having a lot of fun but it's soooo sad to see all these people go
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: October 10th, 2020, 10:52 am
by drcubbin
Unome wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 5:28 pm
antoine_ego wrote:There are so many scoring systems nowadays, from Avogadro to Ezra to this new Sciylmpiad system. What ever was wrong with chalker's :(
Nothing is wrong with it. Other people may have slightly different needs, and are willing to build an entire scoring system for that purpose. Avogadro has online capabilities, and was developed before Chalker's was widespread (both were created at around the same time). Ezra is almost identical to Avogadro, but has some additional functionality for state organizations that I suspect helped ingratiate Cornell with the NY State organization. I can't point to anything in particular with Scilympiad, but it's worth noting that the regional it was developed for at first is too large to use Chalker's (which maxes at 70 teams).

Edit: It's also possible that Avogadro was the first to develop an event signup system specifically for Science Olympiad - I don't know exactly when theirs was developed. ESUS was being used at major tournaments in 2012, and was definitely in public release by 2014.

Edit 2: Upon noticing the Golden Gate thread - good luck to event supervisors tabbing 9 times per team to fill out raw scores (unless they opt to click on the cell for every team).
A question about scilympiad. We are registered to be in the UT (ATX) Invy on 10/23-24 and have never used scilympiad before. Are there fixed times for each event (like we usually have), or do they post all tests at the same time and allow students to "self-govern" when they begin? I did read somewhere where once the test is opened by either partner the timer starts, but can they start anytime?

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: October 10th, 2020, 11:07 am
by gz839918
drcubbin wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 10:52 am
Unome wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 5:28 pm
antoine_ego wrote:There are so many scoring systems nowadays, from Avogadro to Ezra to this new Sciylmpiad system. What ever was wrong with chalker's :(
Nothing is wrong with it. Other people may have slightly different needs, and are willing to build an entire scoring system for that purpose. Avogadro has online capabilities, and was developed before Chalker's was widespread (both were created at around the same time). Ezra is almost identical to Avogadro, but has some additional functionality for state organizations that I suspect helped ingratiate Cornell with the NY State organization. I can't point to anything in particular with Scilympiad, but it's worth noting that the regional it was developed for at first is too large to use Chalker's (which maxes at 70 teams).

Edit: It's also possible that Avogadro was the first to develop an event signup system specifically for Science Olympiad - I don't know exactly when theirs was developed. ESUS was being used at major tournaments in 2012, and was definitely in public release by 2014.

Edit 2: Upon noticing the Golden Gate thread - good luck to event supervisors tabbing 9 times per team to fill out raw scores (unless they opt to click on the cell for every team).
A question about scilympiad. We are registered to be in the UT (ATX) Invy on 10/23-24 and have never used scilympiad before. Are there fixed times for each event (like we usually have), or do they post all tests at the same time and allow students to "self-govern" when they begin? I did read somewhere where once the test is opened by either partner the timer starts, but can they start anytime?
Each tournament has the option of setting their tests as they'd like. So, some tournaments have traditional event blocks, while others allow every event to be self-scheduled. The tournament website for ATX says "Students will take tests through scilympiad.com between 3:30 PM C.T. on Friday, October 23 and 7:30 PM C.T. on Saturday, October 24. Although partners can choose to take the test any time within the testing period, once one of them opens the test, time starts, and they cannot take more time than permitted by the test," which suggests that ATX falls into the latter category.

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: October 10th, 2020, 11:12 am
by drcubbin
gz839918 wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 11:07 am
drcubbin wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 10:52 am
Unome wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 5:28 pm

Nothing is wrong with it. Other people may have slightly different needs, and are willing to build an entire scoring system for that purpose. Avogadro has online capabilities, and was developed before Chalker's was widespread (both were created at around the same time). Ezra is almost identical to Avogadro, but has some additional functionality for state organizations that I suspect helped ingratiate Cornell with the NY State organization. I can't point to anything in particular with Scilympiad, but it's worth noting that the regional it was developed for at first is too large to use Chalker's (which maxes at 70 teams).

Edit: It's also possible that Avogadro was the first to develop an event signup system specifically for Science Olympiad - I don't know exactly when theirs was developed. ESUS was being used at major tournaments in 2012, and was definitely in public release by 2014.

Edit 2: Upon noticing the Golden Gate thread - good luck to event supervisors tabbing 9 times per team to fill out raw scores (unless they opt to click on the cell for every team).
A question about scilympiad. We are registered to be in the UT (ATX) Invy on 10/23-24 and have never used scilympiad before. Are there fixed times for each event (like we usually have), or do they post all tests at the same time and allow students to "self-govern" when they begin? I did read somewhere where once the test is opened by either partner the timer starts, but can they start anytime?
Each tournament has the option of setting their tests as they'd like. So, some tournaments have traditional event blocks, while others allow every event to be self-scheduled. The tournament website for ATX says "Students will take tests through scilympiad.com between 3:30 PM C.T. on Friday, October 23 and 7:30 PM C.T. on Saturday, October 24. Although partners can choose to take the test any time within the testing period, once one of them opens the test, time starts, and they cannot take more time than permitted by the test," which suggests that ATX falls into the latter category.
I'm just getting old... I have to remember, "skim less, and read carefully more!" Thanks gz :D

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: October 10th, 2020, 5:49 pm
by EwwPhysics
It’s 10/10, lots of bots have birthdays today :P

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: October 10th, 2020, 6:01 pm
by Fyren
Are you today's date? Because you're a 10/10! ;)

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: October 10th, 2020, 7:00 pm
by twoplustwoisten
Fyren wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 6:01 pm
Are you today's date? Because you're a 10/10! ;)
Oh. Wow. . . I'm blushing so hard right now and it's all your fault. (Thank you, I think you're lovely too)

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: October 10th, 2020, 11:10 pm
by Pi-Bot
gz839918 wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 11:07 am
drcubbin wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 10:52 am
Unome wrote:
September 10th, 2018, 5:28 pm

Nothing is wrong with it. Other people may have slightly different needs, and are willing to build an entire scoring system for that purpose. Avogadro has online capabilities, and was developed before Chalker's was widespread (both were created at around the same time). Ezra is almost identical to Avogadro, but has some additional functionality for state organizations that I suspect helped ingratiate Cornell with the NY State organization. I can't point to anything in particular with Scilympiad, but it's worth noting that the regional it was developed for at first is too large to use Chalker's (which maxes at 70 teams).

Edit: It's also possible that Avogadro was the first to develop an event signup system specifically for Science Olympiad - I don't know exactly when theirs was developed. ESUS was being used at major tournaments in 2012, and was definitely in public release by 2014.

Edit 2: Upon noticing the Golden Gate thread - good luck to event supervisors tabbing 9 times per team to fill out raw scores (unless they opt to click on the cell for every team).
A question about scilympiad. We are registered to be in the UT (ATX) Invy on 10/23-24 and have never used scilympiad before. Are there fixed times for each event (like we usually have), or do they post all tests at the same time and allow students to "self-govern" when they begin? I did read somewhere where once the test is opened by either partner the timer starts, but can they start anytime?
Each tournament has the option of setting their tests as they'd like. So, some tournaments have traditional event blocks, while others allow every event to be self-scheduled. The tournament website for ATX says "Students will take tests through scilympiad.com between 3:30 PM C.T. on Friday, October 23 and 7:30 PM C.T. on Saturday, October 24. Although partners can choose to take the test any time within the testing period, once one of them opens the test, time starts, and they cannot take more time than permitted by the test," which suggests that ATX falls into the latter category.
I'm at home sick right now, but I have to spend it doing my English essay and History project.
~~~ This message was posted completely with code (dm: no, ver: 2.0.0). If there is an error, please contact pepperonipi in the signature. ~~~

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: October 11th, 2020, 7:09 am
by UTF-8 U+6211 U+662F
Fyren wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 6:01 pm
Are you today's date? Because you're a 10/10! ;)
Can't wait for November 10th

Re: Your Daily Random Comment

Posted: October 11th, 2020, 8:13 am
by Fyren
twoplustwoisten wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 7:00 pm
Fyren wrote:
October 10th, 2020, 6:01 pm
Are you today's date? Because you're a 10/10! ;)
Oh. Wow. . . I'm blushing so hard right now and it's all your fault. (Thank you, I think you're lovely too)
Aww, thanks! Don't make me blush too... (◕////◕)