Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
Swag
Division: C
State: ME
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Athletic Olympians?

Post by Swag »

Football- Linebacker & Guard. To be Captain.
Basketball- Forward. To be Captain.
Track- Sprinter & Thrower. Placed 10th in disc this year at states, looking for 2nd next year.

I also enjoy recreational sports with my friends: ultimate, lax, world-cup, etc.
"I will either find a way, or make one." - Hannibal Barca
ginaw1
Division: B
State: CA

Post by ginaw1 »

Competitive Snowboarding for me :D
Snowboarding and Science; all I need for life :)
Bottle Rockets, Disease Detectives, Can't Judge a Powder
WISCONSIN HERE I COME! :D
butter side up
Division: Grad
State: PA

Post by butter side up »

Heavy swordfighting is my sport of choice. In 80 pounds of steel armor. In August. I'm only mildly insane, though. Or maybe there are just three thousand other crazy people who fight, and eight thousand crazy people who come just to camp.
I am the one called "TARDIS Hat Girl," and am known as such by all.
2013: Anatomy, Experimental Design, Genetics, Forestry, Disease Detectives
Insert Name Here

Post by Insert Name Here »

ok so its about... eh... about 2 weeks since the state competition for track. at county, i got 8th place at a time of 5:50 but i didn't go on to state. i also made it to county in the 400 meter dash. there, i got 3rd place and went on to the state round. undortunately, i failed and got 8th place in the 400 much like my failure in the mile. the only good thing i got out of this was bragging rights.

"oh yeah i made it to the state competition for southern califonia. i got 8th place. that's right. be jealous."
I go to school at Cerro Villa MS. A neighboring school of El Rancho Charter, a once dominating science olympiad team. Rebecca Black goes to El Rancho. It's Friday everyday there. :D
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by paleonaps »

Airsoft.
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.
Swag
State: ME

Post by Swag »

Insert Name Here wrote:ok so its about... eh... about 2 weeks since the state competition for track. at county, i got 8th place at a time of 5:50 but i didn't go on to state. i also made it to county in the 400 meter dash. there, i got 3rd place and went on to the state round. undortunately, i failed and got 8th place in the 400 much like my failure in the mile. the only good thing i got out of this was bragging rights.

"oh yeah i made it to the state competition for southern califonia. i got 8th place. that's right. be jealous."

5:50 wouldn't get u anywhere near states in Maine... Unless this is Junior High?
"I will either find a way, or make one." - Hannibal Barca
personasaurus rex
State: NY

Post by personasaurus rex »

Swag wrote:
Insert Name Here wrote:ok so its about... eh... about 2 weeks since the state competition for track. at county, i got 8th place at a time of 5:50 but i didn't go on to state. i also made it to county in the 400 meter dash. there, i got 3rd place and went on to the state round. undortunately, i failed and got 8th place in the 400 much like my failure in the mile. the only good thing i got out of this was bragging rights.

5:50 wouldn't get u anywhere near states in Maine... Unless this is Junior High?
we're talking about the mile right? and is this jv or varsity?
5:50 is average for a girl's varsity mile time.
2012: Forensics, Dynamic Planet, Sounds of Music, Water Quality, Write It Do It
Insert Name Here

Post by Insert Name Here »

Swag wrote:

I am talking about junior high. Jeez, if that's the varsity girl's average mile time, then a can't wait to see how much of a gap their is between my time and boys varsity.. well that is from wherever you're from...
I go to school at Cerro Villa MS. A neighboring school of El Rancho Charter, a once dominating science olympiad team. Rebecca Black goes to El Rancho. It's Friday everyday there. :D
harryk
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX

Post by harryk »

Varsity Cross Country and JV Track(Not Var because we have so may good people)

5:50 isn't that bad, but its no where near great, sorry :|, I entered Jr High running 5:40 and left on the verge of breaking 5:00, as a freshman I ran about 4:40 and a 16:30(5k) but have been stricken with injuries since then, now as a junior I've overcome all my injuries and I'm training again, my coach predicts that I should be able to break 4:20 and 15:30 this year
Colorado School of Mines
"Yes, he likes that; Alfie! Though personally he prefers to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All" - The Doctor, Closing Time
mnstrviola
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus

Post by mnstrviola »

i got the presidential fitness award ^_^ (the blue patch thing)

does your school do it too?

EDIT: http://www.presidentschallenge.org/

Return to “General Chat”