Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
cursedinlife
Division: B
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Music!

Post by cursedinlife »

This is just so pure. All of us SciOly people talking about our music, and sharing it....this is my favorite forum
2018-2019 Events: Water Quality 8-) Potions And Poisons <3 Herpetology :?:
2019-2020: Water Quality :geek: Ornithologist <3 Boomilever 8-)
raytay
Division: Grad
State: TN
Pronouns: Ask My Pronouns

Post by raytay »

So quite recently, I listened to Bring Me The Horizon's "Amo" album and I haven't really listened to anything since (except maybe Popular Monster by Falling in Reverse, Starset, Nothing More, and FEVER 333.)
Hello! I’m Oliver!
✨holy cow i’m a college student ✨
Chin up! You are loved <3
Things2do
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Things2do »

So... I went out to move the car last night, and this was on the radio when I started it. I've never heard it before, but I'm not sure how I've missed it... I haven't watched the video yet, but it's the correct title and singer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKZqGJONH68
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
sophisSyo
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by sophisSyo »

Giantpants wrote: January 13th, 2020, 9:41 am Is anyone here a Fall Out Boy fan? After stumbling across Thnks fr th Mmrs in late 2017, I’ve become a superfan lol it’s the only music I’ve consistently listened two for almost two years. I saw them live in August 2018, and it was among the best days of my life.

Their music became a huge help to me when I felt really alone and secluded, and getting to know the band members as unique people was a super nice plus. Right after the concert I started cataloguing my play counts for every single song by them in a spreadsheet, in which I also rank my favorites, and I’ve been doing it ever since! Also in October 2018 I acquired the signature bass guitar of Pete Wentz, FOB’s bassist. Pete has been such an inspiration to me, and through the instrument I’ve been able to channel my love for FOB and music as a whole. Playing FOB songs with friends on guitar and me on bass is so fun!

My love of FOB has inspired very minor interest in some other similar bands (ig most notably Green Day who I’ve been learning more songs by in preparation for the upcoming August joint concert) but I’ve pretty much just stuck with FOB. I love all their stuff, I definitely prefer their older stuff a bit more.

My favorite album is Infinity on High, and my favorite song is I Don’t Care, with The Take Over, the Breaks Over coming in a close second. I really recommend them both, not just as great FOB songs, but great songs in general.

If anyone is anything of a Fall Out Boy fan, I’d love to discuss! Thanks for reading haha
I freaked out when I saw your interests and omg a FOB fan yes. you're so lucky to have seen them live!!! And this post is so wholesome - I am more partial to other 'similar' bands but maybe I just need to branch out a bit more into FOB, haven't really explored their albums yet
Past Events: A&P, DD, DG, Exp, Herpe, IS, Orni, PM, WIDI etc.
Former Syosset President/Captain
UVA Student

Ornithology<3
imaditi
Division: C
State: FL

Post by imaditi »

who here are kpop fans :lol:
Orlando Science High School '23

imaditi's userpage
2017: Optics, Wind Power, Anatomy
2018: Optics, Rocks & Minerals, Battery Buggy
2019: Game On, Battery Buggy, Herp, Mystery
2020: Circuit, Machines, Detector, Code
Giantpants
State: NY

Post by Giantpants »

Long awaited reply to all the people who acknowledged FOB lol
sophisSyo wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 2:06 am]I freaked out when I saw your interests and omg a FOB fan yes. you're so lucky to have seen them live!!! And this post is so wholesome - I am more partial to other 'similar' bands but maybe I just need to branch out a bit more into FOB, haven't really explored their albums yet
Honestly the genre is great. Seeing them live was one of the best days of my life!! It was August 29, 2018 lol actually across the street from my school so it was an even more surreal experience. If you like other "similar" bands (ie Weezer which I remember you saying you liked a lot lol) then you'll definitely love their older stuff (From Under the Cork Tree, Infinity on High [which is actually celebrating its 13th birthday today! Hooray!] Infinity is the album I started with and its generally what I recommend people when they wanna get into Fall Out Boy lol plus Thnks fr th Mmrs was the gateway song as I mentioned in the original post

It's a lot of work to get into a new band (probably why I've stuck with Fall Out Boy for so long and am still showing no signs of changing) but I can promise you Fall Out Boy is well worth it :triumph:
space-egg wrote: January 14th, 2020, 8:52 am
I've been a big fan since 2017 or 2018. I also saw them in 2018, at their Chicago show. It was amazing. I play guitar and bass, which I mainly learned because of Fall Out Boy and related bands. I really want one of Pete's basses, but they're too expensive for me currently. I'm hoping to buy one someday in the future.

My favorite album switches all the time. I like their older stuff better, especially the first four albums. I'm still a big fan of it all though. My favorite song is Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes.

I'm really excited to go to see them again later this year. I'm going to the Chicago show. I'm a big fan of Green Day, but I've never seen them live before. I'm sure all three bands will be great though.
Awesome! Disloyal Order is such a great song, hearing it live in 2018 was surreal lol especially since I was at the first show of the MANIA Tour part 2 (although we kinda knew that was gonna be the intro bc that's what they opened with at Reading and Leeds like a week prior lol which was also the first time I saw Pete's flamethrower bass and when I say I was in awe... I was lmao

The Chicago hometown show is gonna be awesome! Super jealous haha imagine hearing Chicago Is So Two Years Ago live! Maybe one day lol. The first four albums are my fav too (except for TTTYG, I like AB/AP more than that one haha) but they're all pure masterpieces. If you wanna talk about any song I'd LOVE to lol. Learning guitar/bass because of Fall Out Boy is awesome! Tbh you can definitely find one of Pete's basses, I got it on ebay for like 225 which was a STEAL (although it was from a charitable organization in Washington state and it was/still is in kinda beat up condition haha but definitely worth it lol

I'm so excited for the tour! I hope you have a great time at your show lol it will be a special one for sure.
MadCow2357 wrote: January 13th, 2020, 4:02 pm IMO Centuries and The Phoenix are great, too!

Haven't really listened to other songs of FOB's.
Centuries isn't really one of my faves but I definitely like it when it comes on AB/AP. And it's always super nice to see people get excited for a Fall Out Boy song they know, even if it gets overplayed a little lol because if people know it and like it then I love it too!

The Phoenix is amazing. Such a hype song considering it was the first song on their first album after hiatus lol so epic and awesome and AAAAAAA plus Pete's flamethrower bass is the best thing everrrrrrr omg so epic.

I definitely recommend checking out more!!
Tailsfan101 wrote: January 13th, 2020, 3:57 pm I like Immortals and My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark.
Immortals is so great. Particularly, this version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn67njw1-vU is soooo beautiful. I like to listen to it in the mornings and evenings just to chill haha. My Songs is awesome too! It revived Fall Out Boy and is just a great song lol. Plus it had its 7 year anniversary 2 days ago! Hooray for FOB songs people know and can actually dance to when they hear them lol
Haverford College, Class of 2024!
Former President, Kellenberg, 2018-2020
Bro. Joseph Fox, 2014-2017

Events I'm Writing in 2023: Sounds of Music, Rocks and Minerals
Events I've Written in Years Past: Geologic Mapping, Remote Sensing
Giantpants's Userpage
raytay

Post by raytay »

imaditi wrote: February 5th, 2020, 6:05 pm who here are kpop fans :lol:
I like a few songs/groups (NCT 127 and BLACKPINK)
Hello! I’m Oliver!
raytay

Post by raytay »

Okay lately I’ve been hooked on I Prevail’s “TRAUMA” album and Badflower’s “OK, I’M SICK” album. I highly recommend them but Badflower deals with some topics that might be considered sensitive by the majority (just a wee disclaimer)
(Also expect language because, you know, rock music be like that sometimes)
Hello! I’m Oliver!
space-egg
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by space-egg »

raytay wrote: March 14th, 2020, 6:02 am Okay lately I’ve been hooked on I Prevail’s “TRAUMA” album and Badflower’s “OK, I’M SICK” album. I highly recommend them but Badflower deals with some topics that might be considered sensitive by the majority (just a wee disclaimer)
(Also expect language because, you know, rock music be like that sometimes)
I haven’t listened to any of his other songs, but I love “Promise Me” by Badflower.
the name's bond. covalent bond.

2019:
solar system and potions and poisons

2020 (yikes):
reach for the stars, ornithology, and meteorology

thanks for all the memories (:
Things2do

Post by Things2do »

Just when you think you've heard anything, you find a video of Carrie Underwood singing Sweet Child O' Mine...
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki

Return to “General Chat”