Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
noobforce
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Your funniest fails!

Post by noobforce » March 16th, 2012, 2:05 pm

This is in no way funny.. but here it is.

Before States, there was always this one kid who kept on destroying our tower. He was the only one working for Towers, besides me and another kid. Every time he touched the tower, the tower literally got destroyed. One time the glue was drying, and he picked it up and the tower fell apart. Another time happened when he farted(lol sounds fake but true!) and then the tower tipped over the table and it shattered...

So what we did tot he kid was kicked him out of Towers.

SciBomb97
State: AL

Post by SciBomb97 » March 16th, 2012, 4:24 pm

This wasn't my fail, just another event supervisor who doesn't know what he's doing.

At state, one of guys on my team went to do towers before rocks and minerals. So apparently, he had given the tower to the event supervisor person so that he could measure it. Well, the event supervisor was inserting a ruler down the center of the tower, but he wasn't careful and ended up breaking some of the tower's connectors. HE BROKE THE TOWER, and he was like whatevs and continued as if nothing had happened.
The funny part is that we placed 2nd in towers. XD

Also at state, we were doing rocks and minerals. This one station had a bunch of rocks in a compartmented plastic box, and the compartments were all numbered. So, following natural instinct, we were answering the ID questions according to the box number, but then we came across this one question that the number didn't have a corresponding box compartment. We were staring at the sheet for a few seconds trying to figure out what the heck was going on, when we noticed that the rocks all had a little area on one corner that had white out on it, and there was a number written on the area. So we were like DX...and about half of the time at the station had gone by. We ended up answering like five questions and then filled in random answers for the rest. We ended up getting 6th though, which wasn't bad considering what a disaster that was...
-- -- --
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." ~1 Corinthians 10:31~

They say that a smile can light up somebody's day
So today, smile
Shine a light in somebody's life
Be that light in the darkness

LCovington
State: FL

Post by LCovington » March 16th, 2012, 5:08 pm

135scioly wrote:
LCovington wrote:Me and my friend, went into forestry knowing NOTHING (the forestry girl didn't show up to the competition) so we put things like "God made it that way" or "Chuck Norris can make a maple tree pine" We managed to get 15th out of 34 schools.
Wow, thats hilarious! Did u put any actual tree names?
Some, but I don't think they were valid because, we had to put the SCIENTIFIC names and I just put "berry tree" "coconut tree"
2013 Events: Anatomy B (4) and Disease Detectives B (5)

Yes, the guy in my avatar is me, don't ask.

geminicross
State: GA

Post by geminicross » March 16th, 2012, 5:14 pm

LCovington wrote:Me and my friend, went into forestry knowing NOTHING (the forestry girl didn't show up to the competition) so we put things like "God made it that way" or "Chuck Norris cam make a maple tree pine" We managed to get 15th out of 34 schools.
O_O...maybe it was an act of God

LCovington

Post by LCovington » March 18th, 2012, 9:22 am

geminicross wrote:
LCovington wrote:Me and my friend, went into forestry knowing NOTHING (the forestry girl didn't show up to the competition) so we put things like "God made it that way" or "Chuck Norris cam make a maple tree pine" We managed to get 15th out of 34 schools.
O_O...maybe it was an act of God
Possibly...
2013 Events: Anatomy B (4) and Disease Detectives B (5)

Yes, the guy in my avatar is me, don't ask.

kazdata
Division: B

Post by kazdata » March 18th, 2012, 9:34 am

i got lost at the state competition and was too late for write it do it
kazdata

tuftedtitmouse12
Division: Grad

Post by tuftedtitmouse12 » March 18th, 2012, 12:44 pm

Filler
Last edited by tuftedtitmouse12 on May 15th, 2012, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peter, peter, peter

A Person
State: KY

Post by A Person » March 26th, 2012, 5:59 pm

At my regional competition: I was sitting down, next to a kid I knew, after I did some of my events and I was on a free period. I grabbed a Yoohoo Milk, and right after I drank it and threw it a away, all the lights shut off, flickered back on, and an alarm started. The alarm sounded like a tornado siren, with the pitch getting higher. While it was on, all the fire doors closed automatically. Fortunately, no one actually panicked and we all went outside because it was actually a fire alarm. A car had crashed into a post outside of the school cutting off the power. When it turned back on, it caused the fire alarm to turn on. This is the second tournament I had this year to have a "fire", and I have only gone to two. :lol:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

Cheesy Pie
State: MI

Post by Cheesy Pie » March 27th, 2012, 5:09 am

SciBomb97 wrote:This is the second year that someone spelled "olympiad" wrong on our team shirts. it has been spelled "olympaid" both times...
On the SciOly blackboard (school downgraded version of SciOly), they spelled it Olypiad. :lol: :lol: :lol:
And I walked directly into a sign while looking at license plates.
100% of deaths are somehow caused by science.
Don't be a statistic.
Don't do science.

Naperville Central High School '17 :arrow: Michigan State University Physics '21
GO GREEN GO WHITE

Slarik
State: MD
Location: In my AP Bio book, wishing I could go practice my trumpet

Post by Slarik » March 27th, 2012, 7:31 am

We went to an invitationals and there were these tests that said circle the answer. To save time, they gave us scantron sheets and told us to record our answers on them instead. So, we circled the answers (when you're home schooled, you forget that at school they actually do have machines to grade these things). This wasn't one event either... it happened in at least two -- two of our best. And it took us from 1st place as a team to 3rd place :(

It's funny now, but it was rather sad then.

Oh, this was funny too, although only partially a fail. The anatomy test said, "What infectious agent causes bacterial _______" (I forget what the disease was, maybe bronchitis or something). We answered "bacteria," as we didn't know the name. We got our tests back and were astonished to learn we got half credit for that!
Exothermic reactions? I studied them before they were cool.

Return to “General Chat”