A Person
Division: Grad
State: KY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Your funniest fails!

Post by A Person » April 2nd, 2012, 6:33 pm

SciBomb97 wrote:
sciencegeek999 wrote:It kind of aggravates me when people just rip notebook paper out of binders, and I'm like those metal tabs are there for a reason...
Sorry for the double post, I clicked quote instead of edit...
Last edited by A Person on April 2nd, 2012, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

A Person
State: KY

Post by A Person » April 2nd, 2012, 6:35 pm

SciBomb97 wrote:
sciencegeek999 wrote:It kind of aggravates me when people just rip notebook paper out of binders, and I'm like those metal tabs are there for a reason...
That makes me disappointed, too, that people aren't going to take the 3 seconds.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics » April 2nd, 2012, 8:57 pm

A Person wrote:
SciBomb97 wrote:
That makes me disappointed, too, that people aren't going to take the 3 seconds.
That right there is a fail. Wrong person for the quote--and furthermore, a useless quote?
FAIL
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"

silverheart7
State: NY

Post by silverheart7 » April 3rd, 2012, 3:32 am

I fell for the administrative joke! :D
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer

aznluvsricemhm
Division: B
State: CA

Post by aznluvsricemhm » April 3rd, 2012, 9:39 am

my fail has nothing to do with Science Olympiad... but with my stupidity...i once picked a black object on the countertop...and saw numbers on it. Then I wondered if it could tell time. So I poked it here and there and twisted the knobs. Then twenty minutes later I realized...............it was a watch... :P
ScIeNcE RoX :P
hola aloha anyeonghasaeyo ni-hao bonjour namaste namaskar konichiwa swasdi salam geia-sas kumusta hello! :D

noobforce
Division: C
State: NJ

Post by noobforce » April 3rd, 2012, 10:43 am

Before Regionals I was carrying my wooden tower jig on my head like a hat(The tower wasn't on it at the time). Then I walked into a doorway and the jig fell on my head. Got a nice, big bruise.

LCovington
State: FL

Post by LCovington » April 4th, 2012, 1:01 pm

Cheesy Pie wrote:Oh. On last year's Disease Detectives tryout at my school, there was something about how crab dip caused food poisoning, but they spelled crab cr@p. I'm like, Well no wonder they got food poisoning!
Mmm... crab cr@p
2013 Events: Anatomy B (4) and Disease Detectives B (5)

Yes, the guy in my avatar is me, don't ask.

catchingfire

Post by catchingfire » April 5th, 2012, 10:01 pm

At Regionals Keep the Heat, one of the questions was along the lines of this:

Which of the following is equivalent to 144 K?
a) 417 C
b) 129 C
c) -129 F
d) 129 F

None of these are the right answer; the correct answer should be 144-273= -129 C. We asked the Event Supervisor about this, he just shrugged it off and said, "pick whichever answer is right". If the right answer is really one of the choices, then God help our team.

To this day, I still don't know how well we did on that test. The other questions were pretty easy. I just hope they don't pull something dumb like that again.
2012 Regionals: Write it Do it - 1st, Disease Detectives - 3rd
2012 States: Disease Detectives - 5th, Awesome Aquifers - 6th
2013 Invitationals: Astronomy - 3rd
2013 Regionals: Fermi Questions - 2nd

Events - Anatomy, Astronomy, Aquifers, Disease, Fermi, Forensics, Thermodynamics, TPS, WIDI

sciencegeek999
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IL

Post by sciencegeek999 » April 18th, 2012, 7:35 pm

In Microbe mission, there are stations. I put all of the answers in the wrong places and had to change it really fast before time ran out in the end.

skillfullparrot7
Division: B

Post by skillfullparrot7 » April 18th, 2012, 9:09 pm

This happened in my first year of SO, 6th grade, and was also my first competition.

On an invitational Road Scholar test, my partner and I didn't know how to even answer the test. It was laid out differently than any other test we had ever seen, so we put random words in the blanks. I can't fathom how we didn't place last in that.

Now one year ahead at 5:30 in the morning at a hotel before an invitational competition. I had just woken up when I hear an alarm, so naturally, I think it's someone phone going off in the room. It doesn't stop and no one wakes up, so I open the door and what do you know, it's the fire alarm. So I go and wake everyone up, and we go downstairs. Turns out the fire alarm was caused by the waffle maker. Not much of a fail, I know, I just wanted to share it.
"If it were easy, everyone would do it."

Return to “General Chat”