Weird things that have happened at your school?

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
quadratic
Division: Grad
State: IL
Has thanked: 0

Re: Weird things that have happened at your school?

Post by quadratic » February 12th, 2011, 2:50 pm

every class in the GS, MS, and HS near me has a smart board
3.14159265358979323846264338327905 from memory.
I AM THE ASSASSINATOR

Cheesy Pie
State: MI
Been thanked: 0

Post by Cheesy Pie » February 19th, 2011, 11:42 am

Nothing interesting. Just this cruddity.

There's a really weird guy in my gym class who stalks the girls (particularly an aquaintance and I). And he called a bishop a bicep.The sad part? He's in SO. :x
He's totally perv, too. You should see his victory dances. They are so STUPID.
And at my first elementary school, someone burned the bottom of a slide for whatever reason.
In 3rd grade, the fire alarm went off twice, once for a stupid drill, the second time for no reason whatsoever. And it was my birthday! Not a good present :P
ALL OF THIS IS TRUE!! BUT NONE IS INTERESTING!! Roflology
100% of deaths are somehow caused by science.
Don't be a statistic.
Don't do science.

Naperville Central High School '17 :arrow: Michigan State University Physics '21
GO GREEN GO WHITE

A Person
State: KY

Post by A Person » February 21st, 2011, 5:07 pm

My orchestra teacher lost his wife (he was reading a book called "how to win your wife" on the orchestra trip), his car got stolen about a year later and was found 50 miles away in another state trashed a week later, and finally he got arrested for having a "relationship" with a girl in high school after that he resigned. The replacement was not much better, he had only 3 fingers (birth defect :( )and the first week he broke like 8 strings my class only (20 people) (we didn't know how to tune then). We learned basically nothing in the year we had him and..... ya. Orchestra only. ;) By the way, I play violin and I am officially a "fiddler".
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

doctor
Division: C
State: PA

Post by doctor » February 21st, 2011, 6:35 pm

i was at school watching the winter drama with my friend when a guy comes on stage and asks us to evacuate. Aparently there was a gas leak somewhere. So my friend and i are waiting right outside the door when the fire alarms go off. So i think gas + fire alarm = NOT GOOD. So i look at my friend and we quickly walk away from the building towards the front entrance where i see all of the firetrucks, police and EMTs. We wait around for a while and finally they tell us to move away from the building to the parking lot across the street from the school. By now we're all freaking out b/c they're hurrying us away from the school like its about to blow up or something...
either way they canceled the show and told everyone to go home and i ended up never watching the end of the show...
If this had happened on a school day, we wud have had no school and i cud have stayed home and worked on sounds :x
Z
. Z
Z
( ) ( )
( - . - )
c(")uu(") MADA MADA DANE
2013 Events: Anatomy, Designer Genes, Chem Lab
doctor's Userpage

Cheesy Pie

Post by Cheesy Pie » February 21st, 2011, 6:40 pm

I'm quitting orchestra next year. It puts too much stress on me. I have dance the same days and my teacher assigns most homework those days.
Don't be a statistic.
Don't do science.

Naperville Central High School '17 :arrow: Michigan State University Physics '21
GO GREEN GO WHITE

fishman100
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: VA

Post by fishman100 » February 24th, 2011, 6:27 pm

doctor wrote:i was at school watching the winter drama with my friend when a guy comes on stage and asks us to evacuate. Aparently there was a gas leak somewhere. So my friend and i are waiting right outside the door when the fire alarms go off. So i think gas + fire alarm = NOT GOOD. So i look at my friend and we quickly walk away from the building towards the front entrance where i see all of the firetrucks, police and EMTs. We wait around for a while and finally they tell us to move away from the building to the parking lot across the street from the school. By now we're all freaking out b/c they're hurrying us away from the school like its about to blow up or something...
either way they canceled the show and told everyone to go home and i ended up never watching the end of the show...
If this had happened on a school day, we wud have had no school and i cud have stayed home and worked on sounds :x

We had a similar incident recently. One room caught on fire due to a cable bursting or something like that. And it was cold out :cry:
Langley HS Science Olympiad '15

nattoki
Division: C
State: NY

Post by nattoki » February 27th, 2011, 3:01 pm

My school is pretty peaceful, but this year our freshmen class is terrible.
They had a "Kick a Jew" Day because they thought it would be funny...The press picked it up and I think it was on Fox News. My classmate told me even his cousins in Ireland called his family about it.
Ah, how bright the future looks. =P
Events: Ornithology, Disease Detectives, Microbe Mission
Regionals: 1st, 2nd, 1st
States: 2nd for ornithology (the others went very badly...)

Cheesy Pie

Post by Cheesy Pie » February 27th, 2011, 4:36 pm

nattoki wrote:My school is pretty peaceful, but this year our freshmen class is terrible.
They had a "Kick a Jew" Day because they thought it would be funny...The press picked it up and I think it was on Fox News. My classmate told me even his cousins in Ireland called his family about it.
Ah, how bright the future looks. =P
WHAT?! HOW COULD THEY THINK THAT IS FUNNY?! DO YOU HAVE NAZIS AT YOUR SCHOOL OR SOMETHING?!
Don't be a statistic.
Don't do science.

GO GREEN GO WHITE

Gillen
State: MO

Post by Gillen » February 27th, 2011, 4:40 pm

A lot of freshmen at my school consider calling someone a Jew an insult. I don't have any clue why.

Cheesy Pie

Post by Cheesy Pie » February 27th, 2011, 4:47 pm

I have the normalest school ever. the weirdest thing is that pervert i mentioned earlier.
Don't be a statistic.
Don't do science.

GO GREEN GO WHITE

Return to “General Chat”