SciOly Superlatives 2014

Shoot the breeze with other Olympians.
User avatar
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 631
Joined: January 11th, 2009, 7:59 am
Division: Grad
State: CA
Location: a dumpster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

SciOly Superlatives 2014

Post by Kokonilly » May 22nd, 2014, 5:35 pm

What's this, you say? The FOURTH Scioly.org Superlatives thread?!

Yes, yes, many newbies may not know me, but at the end of the school year, students vote on superlatives for people: "most creative", "most likely to be successful", etc. Well, we do that here too! And I am the (long-suffering, self-appointed*) curator of it. The one from 2013 is now inaccessible due to a meme-generating site now being marked as malware, but you can still access the 2011 and 2012 ones.

The categories are as follows:
- Best Assassinator**
- Best Officer (on the assassinator games)**
- Best Thread
- Biggest Grammar Nazi
- Biggest Nerd
- Biggest Procrastinator
- Clumsiest/Most Accident-Prone
- Funniest
- Future Dictator
- Future Mad Scientist
- Future Nationals Coordinator
- Future Nobel Prize Winner
- Least Likely to Have a Social Life
- Least Likely to Sleep, Period.
- Most Creative
- Most Dedicated
- Most Helpful
- Most Likely to Become a Teacher or Professor
- Most Likely to Sleep in Class
- Most Likely to Write a Novel
- Most Musical
- Most Original Username
- Most Painfully Intellectual
- Most Socially Awkward

Please PM your nominations (only one nomination per category, please) to me by 3 PM PDT on Friday, May 30th (these just keep getting earlier and earlier). That should give you guys enough time! I will make the poll as quickly as possible because I need to study for finals. I will post the final results after my first final.

* - This is an apt description of basically my entire life.
** - Because the last Assassinator game had its last post on December 3rd, 2013, these categories will be removed after this year's round of superlatives. If people even want another round next year.

iwonder
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Posts: 1112
Joined: May 10th, 2011, 8:25 pm
Division: Grad
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SciOly Superlatives 2014

Post by iwonder » May 22nd, 2014, 6:48 pm

Kokonilly wrote: ** - Because the last Assassinator game had its last post on December 3rd, 2013, these categories will be removed after this year's round of superlatives. If people even want another round next year.

Wow that hurt to read. Like. Seriously. Ouch.
'If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room' - Unknown

ceg7654
Member
Member
Posts: 131
Joined: December 2nd, 2013, 11:02 am
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SciOly Superlatives 2014

Post by ceg7654 » May 22nd, 2014, 7:23 pm

My request was fulfilled, YES. Thank you SO MUCH! :D
2016 Events: Invasive Species, Fossils, Write It Do It

#TehEntoCult

User avatar
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 631
Joined: January 11th, 2009, 7:59 am
Division: Grad
State: CA
Location: a dumpster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SciOly Superlatives 2014

Post by Kokonilly » May 22nd, 2014, 7:38 pm

iwonder wrote:
Kokonilly wrote: ** - Because the last Assassinator game had its last post on December 3rd, 2013, these categories will be removed after this year's round of superlatives. If people even want another round next year.

Wow that hurt to read. Like. Seriously. Ouch.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :?
ceg7654 wrote:My request was fulfilled, YES. Thank you SO MUCH! :D
You're welcome! See, I would be the most benevolent dictator.

User avatar
zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Posts: 1539
Joined: November 18th, 2009, 12:59 pm
Division: Grad
State: IA
Location: Des Moines
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Contact:

Re: SciOly Superlatives 2014

Post by zyzzyva980 » May 23rd, 2014, 9:52 am

The current dictators would like to remind Kokonilly that she isn't a dictator and she better not be planning a coup anytime soon.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter

Astroknight
Member
Member
Posts: 90
Joined: February 27th, 2014, 8:57 pm
Division: C
State: TN
Location: The middle of somewhere
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SciOly Superlatives 2014

Post by Astroknight » May 23rd, 2014, 11:59 am

Would it be possible to start an asassainator game up again? Or does someone special have to do that?
TSA's pretty cool... i guess

2015 events:
Essays on Technology, Tech Bowl, Water Infrastructure, Website Design

User avatar
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 631
Joined: January 11th, 2009, 7:59 am
Division: Grad
State: CA
Location: a dumpster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SciOly Superlatives 2014

Post by Kokonilly » May 23rd, 2014, 2:06 pm

zyzzyva980 wrote:The current dictators would like to remind Kokonilly that she isn't a dictator and she better not be planning a coup anytime soon.
Oh, don't worry, I'm fine with the way things are... at the moment...
Astroknight wrote:Would it be possible to start an asassainator game up again? Or does someone special have to do that?
Anyone can do it, but summer would be a really bad time to do it - people use it much less because, well, there's no Science Olympiad.

Crazy Puny Man
Member
Member
Posts: 265
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 6:25 pm
Division: Grad
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SciOly Superlatives 2014

Post by Crazy Puny Man » May 23rd, 2014, 7:52 pm

Kokonilly wrote:
zyzzyva980 wrote:The current dictators would like to remind Kokonilly that she isn't a dictator and she better not be planning a coup anytime soon.
Oh, don't worry, I'm fine with the way things are... at the moment...
Astroknight wrote:Would it be possible to start an asassainator game up again? Or does someone special have to do that?
Anyone can do it, but summer would be a really bad time to do it - people use it much less because, well, there's no Science Olympiad.
I thought that the sassy games died b/c everyone was busy with SciO during the school year

winneratlife
Member
Member
Posts: 335
Joined: December 16th, 2009, 3:52 pm
Division: Grad
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SciOly Superlatives 2014

Post by winneratlife » May 25th, 2014, 3:02 pm

Crazy Puny Man wrote:
Kokonilly wrote:
zyzzyva980 wrote:The current dictators would like to remind Kokonilly that she isn't a dictator and she better not be planning a coup anytime soon.
Oh, don't worry, I'm fine with the way things are... at the moment...
Astroknight wrote:Would it be possible to start an asassainator game up again? Or does someone special have to do that?
Anyone can do it, but summer would be a really bad time to do it - people use it much less because, well, there's no Science Olympiad.
I thought that the sassy games died b/c everyone was busy with SciO during the school year
Actually it was because the quality of games and clues tanked and nobody wanted to play anymore.

Also I'm thinking this is going to be the best round of superlatives yet.

User avatar
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 631
Joined: January 11th, 2009, 7:59 am
Division: Grad
State: CA
Location: a dumpster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SciOly Superlatives 2014

Post by Kokonilly » May 28th, 2014, 1:42 pm

Reminder for this! I have nominations from four different people right now. 'Tis due Friday at 3. Please get them to me by then so that I can make the form.

Post Reply

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests