2020 Solon HS Invitational

Area to advertise for your competitions!
nicholasmaurer
Coach
Coach
Division: Grad
State: OH

Re: 2020 Solon HS Invitational

Post by nicholasmaurer »

xiangyu wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 6:37 pm Will the tests be released for public access?
No, we do not release the test set publicly for two reasons. First, teams attending our tournament pay a registration fee and contribute towards running events in exchange for receiving access to the test set. It would be unfair to them to share that benefit with students and teams who did not pay to attend or contribute towards the test set. Second, Science Olympiad copyright rules make it clear that tests based upon the official event rules are only permitted for use by teams attending a sanctioned tournament. Posting tests online is not part of a sanctioned tournament and therefore is arguably a violation of the copyright terms.
Assistant Coach and Alumnus ('14) - Solon High School Science Olympiad
Tournament Director - Northeast Ohio Regional Tournament
Tournament Director - Solon High School Science Olympiad Invitational

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
nicholasmaurer
Coach
Coach
Division: Grad
State: OH

Post by nicholasmaurer »

Mr.Epithelium wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 8:49 pm Hi all! Will tests and medals be mailed to teams who did not stay behind for awards?
We will do our best to get test packets and awards to teams who did not remain for the awards ceremony. Given that there were no weather conditions or other special circumstances, we do not generally pay to mail these items to teams that left voluntarily. However, we are happy to mail them at a team's expense or to bring them to another tournament later in the season where we are both attending. In your case, I am assuming you attend duPont Manual as you are from Kentucky and we will be bringing your packets to Centerville.
Assistant Coach and Alumnus ('14) - Solon High School Science Olympiad
Tournament Director - Northeast Ohio Regional Tournament
Tournament Director - Solon High School Science Olympiad Invitational

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
Mr.Epithelium
Division: C
State: KY

Post by Mr.Epithelium »

nicholasmaurer wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 9:03 pm
Mr.Epithelium wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 8:49 pm Hi all! Will tests and medals be mailed to teams who did not stay behind for awards?
We will do our best to get test packets and awards to teams who did not remain for the awards ceremony. Given that there were no weather conditions or other special circumstances, we do not generally pay to mail these items to teams that left voluntarily. However, we are happy to mail them at a team's expense or to bring them to another tournament later in the season where we are both attending. In your case, I am assuming you attend duPont Manual as you are from Kentucky and we will be bringing your packets to Centerville.
That sounds great, we will be there to pick it up. Thanks for hosting a great tournament and getting info and packets/awards to teams promptly!
My first name is Nonkeratinized. My middle name is Squamous.
jlamslam
Division: C
State: IL

Post by jlamslam »

Is it possible for me to get pictures of the bones used for the anatomy test?

Return to “2020 Invitationals”