Indiana 2020

hmmma
Division: C
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana 2020

Post by hmmma » November 13th, 2019, 1:33 pm

Guys, please do not derail this thread too much. If you want to keep this up, do it somewhere else and not here.

bearasauras
State: CA

Post by bearasauras » November 16th, 2019, 2:04 pm

PurdueStudent wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 9:42 am
I guess the state board isn't allowing them the freedom to make the schedule the way that works the best for their event supervisors, and they have to make a lot of room changes and re-reserve a lot of things that shouldn't have had to.
Is this because they want to keep the schedule consistent across National, State and Regional? Or is it because of another reason?

Bread
State: IN
Has thanked: 0

Post by Bread » November 16th, 2019, 2:40 pm

bearasaurus wrote:
PurdueStudent wrote:I guess the state board isn't allowing them the freedom to make the schedule the way that works the best for their event supervisors, and they have to make a lot of room changes and re-reserve a lot of things that shouldn't have had to.
Is this because they want to keep the schedule consistent across National, State and Regional? Or is it because of another reason?
Looking at it, it does not follow the national schedule and regionals either has 5 blocks or they adapt to what the state schedule is, so probably another reason would be my guess. I wonder if IU had the same problems.
VHS '22
VU/Reg/State/Nats
Rocks:10/2/3/21
Dynamic:3/2/11/46

Reg/State/Nats
Rocks:1/1/15
Thermo:1/6/29
Roller:3/10/20

VU/Reg/State/Nats
Fossils <3 :1/1/1/2 :D 
Dynamic:4/1/2/26
Thermo:2/1/1/5 :D 
Roller:9/-/1/51 (tier)
Rip maybe next year

pikachu4919
Division: Grad
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 » November 16th, 2019, 6:49 pm

Bread wrote:
November 16th, 2019, 2:40 pm
bearasaurus wrote:
PurdueStudent wrote:I guess the state board isn't allowing them the freedom to make the schedule the way that works the best for their event supervisors, and they have to make a lot of room changes and re-reserve a lot of things that shouldn't have had to.
Looking at it, it does not follow the national schedule and regionals either has 5 blocks or they adapt to what the state schedule is, so probably another reason would be my guess. I wonder if IU had the same problems.
In the times I’ve competed and volunteered, the state schedule in Indiana has never followed the nats schedule (particularly remember this from the 2016 season when I was able to do both cell biology and forensics at state and we (against the odds, in our opinion) made it out and found out they conflicted at nationals so I couldn’t do both - wasn’t the happiest about that and it dealt quite a blow in our nats performance but oh well). Even regionals don’t necessarily follow the state schedule - both times when I competed at Butler regionals the schedule was definitely different from the state schedule since there were events I could and couldn’t do between the tournaments.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '20
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

Not throwin' away my shot!
MY CABBAGES!

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

splane21

Post by splane21 » November 17th, 2019, 1:35 pm

bearasauras wrote:
November 16th, 2019, 2:04 pm
PurdueStudent wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 9:42 am
I guess the state board isn't allowing them the freedom to make the schedule the way that works the best for their event supervisors, and they have to make a lot of room changes and re-reserve a lot of things that shouldn't have had to.
I heard that they were going to try to keep the schedule consistent across regional sites but I don't think that has anything to do with the state schedule at Purdue. Indiana never follows nats schedule as pikachu4919 mentioned. I know at least at Butler regionals, the schedule is not fair for teams as every team does not have the same event conflicts. Thus, hopefully all the regional sites adopt to using the state schedule. I'm honestly not sure why Indiana does not follow the nats schedule.
Carmel HS (IN) '19
Georgia Tech (GA) '23

1st Chemistry Lab-Nationals 2019
1st Experimental Design-Nationals 2019

PurdueStudent

Post by PurdueStudent » November 17th, 2019, 5:39 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by PurdueStudent on December 10th, 2019, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pikachu4919
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 » November 20th, 2019, 4:01 pm

PurdueStudent wrote:
November 17th, 2019, 5:39 pm
splane21 wrote:
November 17th, 2019, 1:35 pm
bearasauras wrote:
November 16th, 2019, 2:04 pm

I heard that they were going to try to keep the schedule consistent across regional sites but I don't think that has anything to do with the state schedule at Purdue. Indiana never follows nats schedule as pikachu4919 mentioned. I know at least at Butler regionals, the schedule is not fair for teams as every team does not have the same event conflicts. Thus, hopefully all the regional sites adopt to using the state schedule. I'm honestly not sure why Indiana does not follow the nats schedule.
Butler is notoriously bad for their schedule.

We wanted to follow the nationals schedule, but the state board voted against it. Mainly, because the national schedule wasn't released, and they wanted to get moving on an invitational/regional schedule.
The nats schedule is released with the rules, so it’s not like releasing the state schedule any earlier than that gives THAT much of an edge to tournament prep progress. Especially since building a state schedule based on the nats schedule conflicts shouldn’t be THAT hard compared to blindly building a schedule from scratch.
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '20
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

Not throwin' away my shot!
MY CABBAGES!

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

hippo9

Post by hippo9 » November 24th, 2019, 8:29 pm

The 3 Indiana teams who competed at Palatine this weekend:

Munster Red: 7th 285
Munster White: 9th 321
Bloomington South: 11th 352
Lake Central: 16th 546
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn’t be called research." - Albert Einstein

2018: Battery Buggy, Road Scholar, Roller Coaster
2019: Chem Lab, Code, Disease, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds
2020: Astro, Chem Lab, Code, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds

PirateShip

Post by PirateShip » November 30th, 2019, 12:25 pm

Whiting is in 1 week!
Raymond Park is in 2 weeks!

The season is starting.

FiveW's

Post by FiveW's » December 2nd, 2019, 6:38 am

PirateShip wrote:
November 30th, 2019, 12:25 pm
Whiting is in 1 week!
Raymond Park is in 2 weeks!

The season is starting.
Two good invitationals coming very soon is nice to see. The results should be interesting.
Avocado's Law

Return to “2020 Regionals & States”