Florida 2020

Tall
Division: C
Been thanked: 0

Re: Florida 2020

Post by Tall »

2020 Florida State Tournament is CANCELLED as of March 11. The 2020 National Tournament is also CANCELLED.

The 22nd Annual Florida State Tournament is CANCELLED as of March 11.
Check this out.
https://floridascienceolympiad.org/2019/state-schedule/
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: FL

Post by windu34 »

glin1011 wrote: March 11th, 2020, 3:26 pm This was my final year participating in Florida Science Olympiad as a competitor, as well as a Div B event coach. Although I am quite sad and disheartened about the news, at the same time, this was one of the greatest seasons I've ever had. Not only was I able to compete with my team, the RaTs, one last time, at the same time I was able to be apart of our school's first ever self-hosted Invitationals as a student chair.

Good job to all who competed this year, as well as other coaches, friends, and other teams that I've been able to meet throughout these years. Without the support, there would be NO way Florida Science Olympiad could exist. Although I am graduating this year, it does not mean I will never stop showing my support for Science Olympiad, as well as continue to support it in future seasons.

Hope all are safe.
I hope you try to stay involved! UFSO will be recruiting in the Fall ;)
These users thanked the author windu34 for the post (total 2):
KDP0220 (March 11th, 2020, 7:24 pm) • glin1011 (March 12th, 2020, 7:03 am)
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
KDP0220

Post by KDP0220 »

I am very saddened to hear the news that the Florida state Science Olympiad competition will be cancelled this year. This is also my last year being a competitor in SCIOLY and I will definitely miss the mental challenge and environment that the whole Science Olympiad experience had to offer. I hope in the near future that I can still be a part of the great organization of Florida Science Olympiad and I wish the best for next year’s competitors. I would just like to say thank you to all the coaches and event supervisors who have made Florida Science Olympiad one of the best in the nation. Although I am graduating this year, I will still continue to support Science Olympiad because this program has honestly made me the person I am today. Once again, thank you for another great season.
These users thanked the author KDP0220 for the post:
glin1011 (March 11th, 2020, 9:21 pm)
anandymous

Post by anandymous »

Even though the State Tournament is not happening, will UF release the tests?
Orlando Science Middle School
2020 Events: Dynamic Planet, Fossils, Meteorology, and Reach For The Stars
glin1011
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by glin1011 »

windu34 wrote: March 11th, 2020, 6:46 pm
glin1011 wrote: March 11th, 2020, 3:26 pm This was my final year participating in Florida Science Olympiad as a competitor, as well as a Div B event coach. Although I am quite sad and disheartened about the news, at the same time, this was one of the greatest seasons I've ever had. Not only was I able to compete with my team, the RaTs, one last time, at the same time I was able to be apart of our school's first ever self-hosted Invitationals as a student chair.

Good job to all who competed this year, as well as other coaches, friends, and other teams that I've been able to meet throughout these years. Without the support, there would be NO way Florida Science Olympiad could exist. Although I am graduating this year, it does not mean I will never stop showing my support for Science Olympiad, as well as continue to support it in future seasons.

Hope all are safe.
I hope you try to stay involved! UFSO will be recruiting in the Fall ;)
Awesome! I’m definitely interested in being apart of the team. :) Please keep me posted next year!
River City Science Academy Class of 2020
Division B Experimental Design Coach
Division C Team Member/Assistant Manager

2020 Events: Sounds of Music; Ping Pong Parachute; Boomilever; Experimental Design
University of Florida '24
will926ok3645
Has thanked: 0

Post by will926ok3645 »

anandymous wrote: March 12th, 2020, 4:31 am Even though the State Tournament is not happening, will UF release the tests?
That’s a very good question. We haven’t really thought about that. We don’t have a full exam set since tests were still in the process of being revised. We will be releasing a folder with all exams written by the E-Board this season on our website, but I can’t guarantee the release of exams that were going to be used at States.
These users thanked the author will926ok3645 for the post:
anandymous (March 12th, 2020, 7:04 pm)
Boca Raton '19 UF '23
UF Science Olympiad President
[email protected]
AgriBio Author
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by windu34 »

For those interested in staying involved in Florida Science Olympiad after graduating, please see this page on our website.
These users thanked the author windu34 for the post:
CookiePie1 (March 12th, 2020, 10:59 am)
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by sciolyperson1 »

Anyone have Florida State results? Rumor was of a Boca upset, top 3 teams tied and boca lost the tiebreaker? :?:
SoCal Planning Team & BirdSO Tournament Director
WW-P HSN '22, Community MS '18
Sciolyperson1's Userpage
pepperonipi
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pepperonipi »

sciolyperson1 wrote: March 22nd, 2020, 11:51 am Anyone have Florida State results? Rumor was of a Boca upset, top 3 teams tied and boca lost the tiebreaker? :?:
True. We should have listened to the advice of our excellent coach, who repeatedly tried to tell us to not get too confident... and unfortunately we didn't listen. Does not look like Boca will be attending Nats this year. :(
happy new season!

University of Florida
My Wiki Page | WikiProject SciOly and Scioly.org | Pi-Bot

2019: Code, Fermi, Thermo
2020: Detector, Orni, Code (Substitution: Penn)
2021: Detector, Orni, Circuit, WICI

Return to “2020 Regionals & States”