Florida 2020

huppada
Division: C
State: FL
Been thanked: 0

Re: Florida 2020

Post by huppada »

Thank you so much UFSO for hosting another great competition! Despite the fact that there were a few unexpected issues (e.g. supervisors dropping out at the last minute from what I heard), the tournament was overall run smoothly.
anandymous wrote: January 18th, 2020, 4:41 pm Anybody have results for North or South regionals?
I heard scores are going to be delayed a few days for the North regional... is this true?
Orlando Science Schools '20
2020 Events: Disease Detectives, Forensics, Protein Modeling
BocaBuilder18
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

Post by BocaBuilder18 »

Congratulations to Boca High's Team 1 for getting 4th overall at MIT! Boca earned several medals across a variety of events, and has plenty of time to continue to improve as the year goes on. They are already off to a strong start this season, aided both by the contributions of new members to Team 1 who performed exceptionally this weekend, as well as veteran members who continue to perform at a high level. It will be interesting to see how Boca High does at other invitationals this season, considering they outperformed some of the best nationally-competitive teams in the country this weekend.

https://app.avogadro.ws/invitational/mit-c/
svph300
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by svph300 »

BocaBuilder18 wrote: January 26th, 2020, 1:20 am Congratulations to Boca High's Team 1 for getting 4th overall at MIT! Boca earned several medals across a variety of events, and has plenty of time to continue to improve as the year goes on. They are already off to a strong start this season, aided both by the contributions of new members to Team 1 who performed exceptionally this weekend, as well as veteran members who continue to perform at a high level. It will be interesting to see how Boca High does at other invitationals this season, considering they outperformed some of the best nationally-competitive teams in the country this weekend.

Definitely a huge congratulations to my alma mater! I'm looking forward to Boca's performance in Princeton and UPenn in a couple weeks. I'm also looking forward to the results of the state competition in two months - there seemed to be a close competition between OSS and ArchSci in terms of overall rank, so I'm curious to see how it all plays out. Good luck to everyone with the rest of the season!
demir

Post by demir »

svph300 wrote: January 26th, 2020, 12:01 pm
BocaBuilder18 wrote: January 26th, 2020, 1:20 am Congratulations to Boca High's Team 1 for getting 4th overall at MIT! Boca earned several medals across a variety of events, and has plenty of time to continue to improve as the year goes on. They are already off to a strong start this season, aided both by the contributions of new members to Team 1 who performed exceptionally this weekend, as well as veteran members who continue to perform at a high level. It will be interesting to see how Boca High does at other invitationals this season, considering they outperformed some of the best nationally-competitive teams in the country this weekend.

Definitely a huge congratulations to my alma mater! I'm looking forward to Boca's performance in Princeton and UPenn in a couple weeks. I'm also looking forward to the results of the state competition in two months - there seemed to be a close competition between OSS and ArchSci in terms of overall rank, so I'm curious to see how it all plays out. Good luck to everyone with the rest of the season!
Boca Raton was definitely very impressive at MIT. We are very proud of them. Based on everything we know so far, the state competition is a race to second place in both division B & C (save a catastrophe or a miracle)
pepperonipi

Post by pepperonipi »

demir wrote: January 27th, 2020, 6:15 am
svph300 wrote: January 26th, 2020, 12:01 pm

Boca Raton was definitely very impressive at MIT. We are very proud of them. Based on everything we know so far, the state competition is a race to second place in both division B & C (save a catastrophe or a miracle)
I'm definitely very proud of what my teammates were able to accomplish at MIT. Seems like we were able to blow the predictions on the MIT thread out of the water. Can't wait to see what we're able to accomplish coming up here!

P.S. Thanks again to OSS for allowing us to meet up and the nice thank-you note! Nice meeting you guys! :)
happy new season!

University of Florida
My Wiki Page | WikiProject SciOly and Scioly.org | Pi-Bot

2019: Code, Fermi, Thermo
2020: Detector, Orni, Code (Substitution: Penn)
2021: Detector, Orni, Circuit, WICI
huppada

Post by huppada »

It looks like there has been a change in scores on the MIT website (Sounds of Music seemed to be graded incorrectly). Kudos to OSS for placing 23rd, rising in rankings and decreasing in scores from last year. Can't wait to see the results at states!
pepperonipi wrote: January 27th, 2020, 9:33 am I'm definitely very proud of what my teammates were able to accomplish at MIT. Seems like we were able to blow the predictions on the MIT thread out of the water. Can't wait to see what we're able to accomplish coming up here!

P.S. Thanks again to OSS for allowing us to meet up and the nice thank-you note! Nice meeting you guys! :)
We had an amazing time meeting up with Boca as well! After all the help you guys have given, it was nice to put faces to names :D Good luck to you guys during your back-to-back competitions next month!
svph300

Post by svph300 »

Hi everyone!

I checked and noticed that the UFSO E-board has released the exams and keys for the 2020 UFSO Regional Competition held several weeks ago. Here’s a link to these files:

2020 UFSO Regional Competition

I wrote the Anatomy and Physiology C Exam for this regional competition, so feel free to reach out to me with any questions or comments about the exam or the event in general.

Good luck to everyone with the rest of the season, and I’m looking forward to some Florida teams’ performances at a few invites this month (Princeton and UPenn).
Tall

Post by Tall »

anandymous wrote: January 18th, 2020, 4:41 pm Anybody have results for North or South regionals?
http://uf.floridascienceolympiad.org/in ... results-r/
huppada

Post by huppada »

Good luck to all teams participating in the Central Florida Regionals tomorrow! :D
demir

Post by demir »

Central Florida Results:

Results here

State qualifications are my projections based on available knowledge. They are by no means official!

Return to “2020 Regionals & States”