New Jersey 2020

Godspeed
Division: C
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: New Jersey 2020

Post by Godspeed »

sciolyperson1 wrote: March 10th, 2020, 6:17 pm https://www.njscienceolympiad.org/tourn ... esults.pdf

61/68.

Congrats to grover!
Wow, Community has been dethroned for the first time in 17 years. Congrats Grover!
Fallsbury
Division: B
State: NJ

Post by Fallsbury »

Fallsbury wrote: March 10th, 2020, 4:36 pm In addition, I feel like Density Lab was run very poorly. We had density first block, and the event supervisor was around 5-10 mins late. It was understandable that he was in a rush to get the test started given the fact he already lost some time. He handed us the test, and didn't say anything. The test was only about 25 questions long, so my partner and I decided that it was plenty of time to do the test and didn't split up the test, being sure to not make silly mistakes. We assumed that the supervisor would call us up for lab and give us a bit of time to finish, and go back to doing our test. This is what occurs for many competitions. However, around 11 minutes later, he said that there was 30 seconds left. Understandably, everyone in the room was confused. He apologized for the confusion, but an apology doesn't really help much in this case. Therefore, we ended up finishing only around 12 questions of the 23. We took 10 minutes on the written tests. According to other teams such as grover, the supervisor told them and other blocks how much time they got before the test started. oof
Is there any way I can appeal this
Community '19

High School North '23
couplefire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by couplefire »

It's probably too late now, appeals were supposed to be right after the event.
broken glassware count:
2 beakers
1 volumetric flask
1 lunchbox
lumosityfan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: TX

Post by lumosityfan »

Fallsbury wrote: March 10th, 2020, 6:27 pm
Fallsbury wrote: March 10th, 2020, 4:36 pm In addition, I feel like Density Lab was run very poorly. We had density first block, and the event supervisor was around 5-10 mins late. It was understandable that he was in a rush to get the test started given the fact he already lost some time. He handed us the test, and didn't say anything. The test was only about 25 questions long, so my partner and I decided that it was plenty of time to do the test and didn't split up the test, being sure to not make silly mistakes. We assumed that the supervisor would call us up for lab and give us a bit of time to finish, and go back to doing our test. This is what occurs for many competitions. However, around 11 minutes later, he said that there was 30 seconds left. Understandably, everyone in the room was confused. He apologized for the confusion, but an apology doesn't really help much in this case. Therefore, we ended up finishing only around 12 questions of the 23. We took 10 minutes on the written tests. According to other teams such as grover, the supervisor told them and other blocks how much time they got before the test started. oof
You probably can't because you should have filled out the appeal form given to you in the team folder if you wanted to appeal.
John P. Stevens Class of 2015 (Go Hawks!)
Columbia University Class of 2019 (Go Lions!)
Fallsbury

Post by Fallsbury »

lumosityfan wrote: March 10th, 2020, 6:28 pm
You probably can't because you should have filled out the appeal form given to you in the team folder if you wanted to appeal.
I heard you can do this one week after the comp? idk if its right
Community '19

High School North '23
MitchinhoGray
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MitchinhoGray »

Congrats to rabbitman on the best prediction. I will mail you the italian chocolates and air china voucher. I'm tossing in a fridge magnet from Washington state, too.
Enjoy!
Chino Hills Scioly '21
23rd - A+P - Chino Hills Mock
17th - Designer Genes - Chino Hills Mock
lumosityfan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: TX

Post by lumosityfan »

Fallsbury wrote: March 10th, 2020, 6:29 pm

No you cannot. Usually once awards end that's all you can do for appeals. Also it's only a coach that can appeal not a competitor.
John P. Stevens Class of 2015 (Go Hawks!)
Columbia University Class of 2019 (Go Lions!)
Fallsbury

Post by Fallsbury »

lumosityfan wrote: March 10th, 2020, 6:34 pm

No you cannot. Usually once awards end that's all you can do for appeals. Also it's only a coach that can appeal not a competitor.
what if you didnt have awards lmao
Community '19

High School North '23
Fallsbury

Post by Fallsbury »

srry im acting like a chicken but like
These users thanked the author Fallsbury for the post (total 3):
lavarball (March 10th, 2020, 7:15 pm) • sciolyperson1 (July 1st, 2020, 7:45 pm) • pkota (July 1st, 2020, 7:47 pm)
Community '19

High School North '23
pb5754
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by pb5754 »

Appeals can only be submitted until awards. NJSO reserves the right to make change final scores until 1 week later.
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School South '21
2021 Nationals: Astronomy - 1st, Geologic Mapping - 1st, Team - 6th

Return to “2020 Regionals & States”