New Jersey 2020

User avatar
EwwPhysics
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 131
Joined: February 22nd, 2020, 12:38 pm
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Location: Lower Merion High School
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: New Jersey 2020

Post by EwwPhysics » March 12th, 2020, 1:34 pm

theskyisred wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 11:25 am
Fallsbury wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 11:19 am
EastStroudsburg13 wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 6:56 pm

I disagree, I think venting at this point is a valid response.
Agreed, combined with the anger of events apparently not rotating
Personally, I have no strong feelings towards not rotating events. But yes, some events should have their rules changed (WIDI at states, I heard it was only legos).
WIDI's rules almost never change, and it's an event every single year... I agree that they should add some restrictions to make sure there aren't any ridiculously easy WIDIs that only come down to time.
Bala Cynwyd Middle School --> Lower Merion High School '24

2021 Events:
Designer Genes
Disease Detectives
Fossils
Protein Modeling
(sometimes a filler for circuit lab)
Heredity  (we <3 genetics!)
Fossils :D
WIDI (no comment)
Circuit :/

Fallsbury
Member
Member
Posts: 46
Joined: May 18th, 2019, 8:30 am
Division: B
State: NJ
Location: Plainsboro
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: New Jersey 2020

Post by Fallsbury » March 14th, 2020, 12:01 pm

king wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 1:32 pm
The kids who took density on my team said that they only got 10 mins since the event supervisor came late.
Yes, but they were told about how much time they actually got...
When you are handed a test in any event, you assume that you get 50 mins. However, the event supervisor let us know that we had 30 secs left and didn't tell us that we only got 10 mins. And plus, the grover kids told me that they got 12 mins?
Community '19

High School North '23

User avatar
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 961
Joined: April 23rd, 2018, 7:13 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: WW-P HSN
Has thanked: 294 times
Been thanked: 435 times

Re: New Jersey 2020

Post by sciolyperson1 » March 14th, 2020, 12:54 pm

Fallsbury wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 12:01 pm
king wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 1:32 pm
The kids who took density on my team said that they only got 10 mins since the event supervisor came late.
Yes, but they were told about how much time they actually got...
When you are handed a test in any event, you assume that you get 50 mins. However, the event supervisor let us know that we had 30 secs left and didn't tell us that we only got 10 mins. And plus, the grover kids told me that they got 12 mins?
The responsibility lies on you and your partner to ask the supervisor how much time you have and how much time you have left. The difference between 10 and 12 minutes is minimal.
WW-P HSN '22, Community '18, BirdSO Tournament Director
'21: Gravity - Boomi - WICI - PPP - Cybersec

BEARSO: Gravity - 1st '21
MIT: Gravity - 1st '20
PUSO: PPP - 1st '20, WIDI -1st '20

Nats:
Team - 3rd '18, '19


Rate my tests!

king
Member
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: November 1st, 2019, 5:43 pm
Division: B
State: NJ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Jersey 2020

Post by king » March 14th, 2020, 2:35 pm

Fallsbury wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 12:01 pm
king wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 1:32 pm
The kids who took density on my team said that they only got 10 mins since the event supervisor came late.
Yes, but they were told about how much time they actually got...
When you are handed a test in any event, you assume that you get 50 mins. However, the event supervisor let us know that we had 30 secs left and didn't tell us that we only got 10 mins. And plus, the grover kids told me that they got 12 mins?
I agree with your point but if you were given 12 minutes to take a 50-minute test, you would be at a considerable disadvantage regardless of whether your event supervisor tells you how much time you'll receive.
2020 Events: Heredity(4th States), Machines & Dynamic Planet

User avatar
hmmm
Member
Member
Posts: 136
Joined: January 10th, 2019, 2:33 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Location: the universe
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: New Jersey 2020

Post by hmmm » March 14th, 2020, 3:12 pm

king wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 2:35 pm
Fallsbury wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 12:01 pm
king wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 1:32 pm
The kids who took density on my team said that they only got 10 mins since the event supervisor came late.
Yes, but they were told about how much time they actually got...
When you are handed a test in any event, you assume that you get 50 mins. However, the event supervisor let us know that we had 30 secs left and didn't tell us that we only got 10 mins. And plus, the grover kids told me that they got 12 mins?
I agree with your point but if you were given 12 minutes to take a 50-minute test, you would be at a considerable disadvantage regardless of whether your event supervisor tells you how much time you'll receive.
However, afaik every team had the same 12 min time to take the test and the test was not a "50-minute test"(according to people that took the test)
Community 2017-2019
WWP North 2019-2020
2nd Place Water Quality 2019
Rocks and Minerals, Ecology
Disease Detectives, Fossils, Game On, Water Quality
2019-2020:
Dynamic Planet, Fossils, Ornithology, Water Quality
Wiki Userpage
Constantly Late Sassy #142

User avatar
CookiePie1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 404
Joined: February 15th, 2018, 5:05 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Location: South Brunswick
Has thanked: 98 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: New Jersey 2020

Post by CookiePie1 » March 14th, 2020, 3:39 pm

hmmm wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 3:12 pm
king wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 2:35 pm
Fallsbury wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 12:01 pm


Yes, but they were told about how much time they actually got...
When you are handed a test in any event, you assume that you get 50 mins. However, the event supervisor let us know that we had 30 secs left and didn't tell us that we only got 10 mins. And plus, the grover kids told me that they got 12 mins?
I agree with your point but if you were given 12 minutes to take a 50-minute test, you would be at a considerable disadvantage regardless of whether your event supervisor tells you how much time you'll receive.
However, afaik every team had the same 12 min time to take the test and the test was not a "50-minute test"(according to people that took the test)
nj test quality always sucks anyway
South Brunswick High School Captain '22
2020 Events: Protein Modeling, Ping Pong Parachute, Wright Stuff, Sounds of Music

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Check out my userpage!

rabbitman
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: New Jersey 2020

Post by rabbitman » March 14th, 2020, 5:21 pm

CookiePie1 wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 3:39 pm
hmmm wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 3:12 pm
king wrote:
March 14th, 2020, 2:35 pm


I agree with your point but if you were given 12 minutes to take a 50-minute test, you would be at a considerable disadvantage regardless of whether your event supervisor tells you how much time you'll receive.
However, afaik every team had the same 12 min time to take the test and the test was not a "50-minute test"(according to people that took the test)
nj test quality always sucks anyway
yea even if there was a 2 min difference that doesn't get you 14th or whatever place you got, considering its an nj states test lol
These users thanked the author rabbitman for the post:
glaucophane (March 14th, 2020, 8:48 pm)

User avatar
bromothymol
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 4:48 pm
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Jersey 2020

Post by bromothymol » June 9th, 2020, 4:28 pm

bromothymol wrote:
March 8th, 2020, 7:51 pm
are there any teams that don't intend on coming in light of covid-19??? namely bergen county academies and schools from affected NJ counties? situation doesn't seem too bad as of now but like you never know
edit - oops idk how that happened

Locked

Return to “2020 Regionals & States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests