Illinois 2020

knightmoves

Re: Illinois 2020

Post by knightmoves »

Booknerd wrote: July 1st, 2020, 10:41 am They also have their own plan with phases based upon how the state is doing: http://www.illinoisolympiad.org/uploads ... e_plan.pdf
I'll look forward to hearing how they imagine "drive-thru testing" for builds might work. There isn't time to do this on the day (you can't imagine having a kid doing a couple of test events at their school "synchronously", then being driven to a regional gym to test a build, then being driven back to their school to take another test - the logistics just don't work.) It could work with build testing a couple of evenings before the rest of the competition, so you avoid the time conflicts.
Booknerd
Division: B
State: IL
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Booknerd »

It seems like ISO is still updating their website right now. (lol they have an empty page in the corner that's still labeled as "new page". I guess they're gonna make a new page about COVID plans and faqs?)

So I guess we'll just have to wait to see what other big announcements ISO, school districts, and teams will make.
We don't talk about Pentathlon.
knightmoves

Post by knightmoves »

So I'm starting to see plans from various suburban school districts. It looks like a number of districts are offering parents a choice between full-virtual school and roughly half-time in-person school, with the other half virtual. This seems to be driven by ISBE recommendations, so I'd imagine that a lot of school districts will land in a vaguely similar place.

I don't know what that means for extracurriculars like SO, for individual schools, and I don't know what it means for ISO as regards the boundary between "kids are in school" and "kids are in virtual school".

Return to “2020 Regionals & States”