Idaho 2020

Tailsfan101
Division: Grad
State: ID

Re: Idaho 2020

Post by Tailsfan101 »

I have finally acquired full scores from the North JH Invitational. Here they are:

1. Treasure Valley Homeschool (62)
2. St. Joseph's Catholic School (73)
3. Fairmont Junior High School A (74)
4. North Junior High School A (76)
5. North Junior High School B (140)
6. Fairmont Junior High School B (145)
7. Kuna Middle School (164)
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Boise State University will have all classes be held online on Friday. Depending on how this goes, the state tournament could be impacted. Idaho has not had a case of COVID-19 yet, so I'm hopeful that it is still held as scheduled, but we're on the lookout. If BSU starts to cancel events or continues to hold classes online, we may very likely see cancellation.

https://www.boisestate.edu/publicsafety ... ay-mar-13/

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Idaho Science Olympiad nor Boise State University.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
IdahoSciGuy

Post by IdahoSciGuy »

Tailsfan101 wrote: March 11th, 2020, 10:40 am Boise State University will have all classes be held online on Friday. Depending on how this goes, the state tournament could be impacted. Idaho has not had a case of COVID-19 yet, so I'm hopeful that it is still held as scheduled, but we're on the lookout. If BSU starts to cancel events or continues to hold classes online, we may very likely see cancellation.

https://www.boisestate.edu/publicsafety ... ay-mar-13/

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Idaho Science Olympiad nor Boise State University.
Yet you are correct in your analysis. BSU is hosting their classes online for a single day to effectively stress test the system, and see if it's a viable solution. Our state Director is an adjunct at BSU, and he's been keeping us in the loop about the goings-on there. We have a statement on our website and social media saying that we are actively looking at developments on a day-by-day basis.

We have never been in this territory before, so we are navigating it the best way that we can.
These users thanked the author IdahoSciGuy for the post:
Tailsfan101 (March 12th, 2020, 11:00 am)
Actually, if you don't mind, it's just the doctor. - Doctor Who.

Board of Directors
Idaho Science Olympiad
IdahoSciGuy

Post by IdahoSciGuy »

We have canceled all tournaments in Idaho as of this morning.
These users thanked the author IdahoSciGuy for the post:
Tailsfan101 (March 14th, 2020, 11:10 am)
Actually, if you don't mind, it's just the doctor. - Doctor Who.

Board of Directors
Idaho Science Olympiad
Tailsfan101

Post by Tailsfan101 »

Well, I knew it was coming, but it is still quite sad. Our team's last full competition was on February 8th, and we certainly did not think we'd end the season with an invitational in Utah. I do respect the decision to protect our community, and I wish all teams the best of luck in the coming season.
These users thanked the author Tailsfan101 for the post:
IdahoSciGuy (March 14th, 2020, 12:44 pm)

I have no regrets.

Return to “2020 Regionals & States”