I kinda scared of seven lakes. They look like mason two years ago
Anatomy <3
Torchic
Division: B
State: IL
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: Way Too Early Predictions

Post by Torchic »

Time to start a lecture about Woodland's legacy...
As a person in the Varsity Team of Woodland, I can just say that we are NOT going to nationals. In our 1st tournament of the year, Rockford, we placed 4th in Varsity (Behind Daniel Wright, Science and Arts, and Hawthorn), and 6th overall (Dropped behind Daniel Wright's JV and Hawthorn's 1st JV)
As you can tell, we dropped a bit :<
In our second competition, at Woodlawn, we placed 10th in Varsity and overall (Behind Marie Murphy JV {1st} [which I think was their JV team getting converted to varsity for a competition, and goodness they were good], Science and Arts {2nd}, Woodlawn {3rd}, Twin Groves {4th}, Hawthorn, South, Wilmette Jr High, Quest, and Whitney Young).
Marie Murphy and Daniel Wright are still going strong, and I expect them to get to Nationals again. If any team will perform an upset, it would either be Science and Arts or Woodlawn.

Right now, all of us in Woodland are struggling with 5 people being removed from our team due to not turning in their permission slips (1 from Varsity) and we are struggling trying to get to STATE
:<
18-19- A&P-2nd R, 1st S Boomi- 2nd R 2nd S Game On- 4th R 2nd S
19-20- A&P-1st R Boomi-1st R Game On- 1st R
20-21-Same events as ^ xd
http://moskaushrine18842.000webhostapp.com/ Team Song at its finest >:3

Lovin' our team name
AWSOME18841
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AWSOME18841 »

Yep as another varsity team member(from woodland) I can confirm the trouble we have been having I have been here since we first made state and what happened was that our main group of members have been moved to highschool, this year the team is good but nowhere near what we were, I think we can make state only due to us going to a different reigionals meet but we have been stepping it up since kildeer invitational which had confirmed our fears of a new team as we very much under preformed whatever it is it's been a great few years being up against you all!
allofgarden

Post by allofgarden »

TheCrazyChemist wrote: October 1st, 2019, 11:59 am
AlfWeg wrote: October 1st, 2019, 6:30 am ily TCC <3 <3 But, I lowkey don't know if Pio is making it out of states. Troy, North, & GH kinda good, and quite possibly could beat us(North obv will), it's not def imo.... Oh, and I suppose Saline could beat us as well.
Based on your nats performance, I'm pretty sure you guys are making it out of states. That is, unless you lost a bunch of really good seniors who carried the team.
I'm predicting pio will make nats, but we might not see as strong of a showing this year. Based on UMich results, they have a lot of work to do as far as builds which they usually are pretty strong in, and they didn't do amazing in studies either. Interested to see how their state comp goes.
still reminiscing about 2018 nats
Carmel High School (IN) '21
2021 Nationals - 3rd Place Forensics
Events: disease, forensics, detector, herpetology
TheSquaad
Division: Grad

Post by TheSquaad »

Re: Southern California 2020
Post by bearasauras » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:24 am

We have been working closely with the Caltech administration and with the current coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, Caltech has advised us to cancel this year’s SoCal State Science Olympiad Tournament. We respect Caltech’s judgment and support the decision to cancel the tournament. While we know there will be disappointment among students, coaches, supervisors and parents after all the hard work that has been put into their season, we need to put health and safety first. We encourage teams to prepare for next year; our state and regional planning teams will focus on planning events and generating excitement for the upcoming season. Due to the nature of coronavirus (COVID-19) precautions on social distancing and community spread, rescheduling is an unlikely option.

- From the SoCal forums
TheChiScientist
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by TheChiScientist »

TheSquaad wrote: March 7th, 2020, 8:00 am Re: Southern California 2020

We have been working closely with the Caltech administration and with the current coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, Caltech has advised us to cancel this year’s SoCal State Science Olympiad Tournament. We respect Caltech’s judgment and support the decision to cancel the tournament. While we know there will be disappointment among students, coaches, supervisors and parents after all the hard work that has been put into their season, we need to put health and safety first. We encourage teams to prepare for next year; our state and regional planning teams will focus on planning events and generating excitement for the upcoming season. Due to the nature of coronavirus (COVID-19) precautions on social distancing and community spread, rescheduling is an unlikely option.

- From the SoCal forums
Hold up... So no Troy at nats?!? Well this flips the table on the whole predictions...
A Science Olympian from 2015 - 2019 CLCSO Alumni
Medal Count:30
IL PPP/Mission Assistant State Supervisor.
CLC Div. B Tournament Director.
President of The Builder Cult.
"A true Science Olympian embraces a life without Science Olympiad by becoming a part of Science Olympiad itself"- Me
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by BennyTheJett »

This will be a very interesting thing. We might not even have nationals. Science Olympiad needs to have a meeting with all the states, and discuss what's happening, or it's gonna be a mess here in a few weeks with what states cancel and what states go on.....
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
SilverBreeze
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Post by SilverBreeze »

BennyTheJett wrote: March 7th, 2020, 5:59 pm This will be a very interesting thing. We might not even have nationals. Science Olympiad needs to have a meeting with all the states, and discuss what's happening, or it's gonna be a mess here in a few weeks with what states cancel and what states go on.....
However this ends, we're making SciOly history and setting precedents for future scenarios...
Troy SciOly 2019 - 2023
Captain 2021-2023
Former Events: Ecology, Water Quality, Green Gen, Ornithology, Forestry, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Chem Lab, Env Chem, Sounds, Dynamic Planet, Crime Busters, Potions & Poisons, Exp Design, Towers, Mystery Arch, Reach for the Stars, Mission Possible
EwwPhysics
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: PA

Post by EwwPhysics »

TheChiScientist wrote: March 7th, 2020, 5:42 pm
TheSquaad wrote: March 7th, 2020, 8:00 am Re: Southern California 2020

- From the SoCal forums
Hold up... So no Troy at nats?!? Well this flips the table on the whole predictions...
Welp they can no longer go for the 4 year streak in getting 1st at nats...
Lower Merion Captain '24
Cell bio, code, disease, forensics
Cell bio, codebusters, disease, envirochem (and widi, chem lab) 
Protein Modeling - 1st @ nats
Disease Detectives - 4th @ nats
Designer Genes - 1st @ states
Also fossils, widi, circuit
SluffAndRuff
State: VA
Been thanked: 0

Post by SluffAndRuff »

In lieu of recent events, my prediction is now