SciOly Assassination 122: The Most Magical Place On Earth (Not)

allopathie
Division: Grad
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: SciOly Assassination 122: The Most Magical Place On Earth (Not)

Post by allopathie » June 6th, 2018, 12:24 pm

venules wrote:Hahnemann is the pioneer of homeopathy, which reminds me of allopathie. Hahnemann is also German and allopathie's location is in German (although the phrase itself appears to be from a movie and thus, has no discernable connection.) Also, he mentioned himself that there was a connection between him and all the rainbow references. Could be worth a protect or accuse.
I was just talking about this (the meaning behind my username) with syo_astro and a few other people, which makes me think one of them is the Sassy ... or not, this could just be a coincidece.
PA Water Quality C Event Supervisor.
Harriton '18, Penn '22, Sinai '30.
Facebook

dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: MO

Post by dxu46 » June 6th, 2018, 12:37 pm

allopathie wrote:
venules wrote:Hahnemann is the pioneer of homeopathy, which reminds me of allopathie. Hahnemann is also German and allopathie's location is in German (although the phrase itself appears to be from a movie and thus, has no discernable connection.) Also, he mentioned himself that there was a connection between him and all the rainbow references. Could be worth a protect or accuse.
I was just talking about this (the meaning behind my username) with syo_astro and a few other people, which makes me think one of them is the Sassy ... or not, this could just be a coincidece.
Who were you talking with?

hippo9
State: IN

Post by hippo9 » June 6th, 2018, 9:14 pm

Ok, for now I'll protect kate! simply because she mentions wanting to do meteo in the future in her sig.
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn’t be called research." - Albert Einstein

2018: Battery Buggy, Road Scholar, Roller Coaster
2019: Chem Lab, Code, Disease, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds
2020 and 2021: Astro, Chem Lab, Code, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds

syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by syo_astro » June 7th, 2018, 12:02 am

I think allopathie is the best protect. In the mean time...I see some book on "flat Earth" on the first page of google, so I protect jonboyage because he had a post saying the Earth was flat (I can edit that for a better idea...I'm struggling to come up with a good protect / excuse for an officer, okay).
linzhiyan wrote: EDIT2: This is to avoid double posting... Can Mulan represent someone that's Chinese? Or of any Asian country?
The Mulan reference is to the song "Reflections". Both the character and song clue that we focus on guys when we should be looking for girls. That said, can't deny it might also mean someone who is Chinese.
allopathie wrote:I was just talking about this (the meaning behind my username) with syo_astro and a few other people...
See explanation that sassy is a girl. Can confirm we were talking about that, though.
hippo9 wrote:Ok, for now I'll protect kate! simply because she mentions wanting to do meteo in the future in her sig.
I do hope it's an ID clue that hints at the "weather" in kate's sig...kate, please don't snap back with "but I wasn't at nats!!", we already know >.>. I agree it's cumulus (they're common), but I can't imagine who that hints to. hippo is right that an easier interpretation is someone who does / wants meteo. Interestingly, as an ID clue, Froggie would be ruled out (she didn't do meteo).

If it's an ID clue, the only people in pikachu's thread (viewtopic.php?f=269&t=11653) who went to nats and did meteo were Galahad (west of CO, not sassy) and Goff18 (...not active in posting games). Perhaps the sassy didn't go to nats... (that thread is not exhaustive, ofc, so it's good to double check other options).
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)

jimmy-bond
State: HI
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by jimmy-bond » June 7th, 2018, 9:44 am

syo_astro wrote:
allopathie wrote:I was just talking about this (the meaning behind my username) with syo_astro and a few other people...
See explanation that sassy is a girl. Can confirm we were talking about that, though.
hippo9 wrote:Ok, for now I'll protect kate! simply because she mentions wanting to do meteo in the future in her sig.
I do hope it's an ID clue that hints at the "weather" in kate's sig...kate, please don't snap back with "but I wasn't at nats!!", we already know >.>. I agree it's cumulus (they're common), but I can't imagine who that hints to. hippo is right that an easier interpretation is someone who does / wants meteo. Interestingly, as an ID clue, Froggie would be ruled out (she didn't do meteo).

If it's an ID clue, the only people in pikachu's thread (viewtopic.php?f=269&t=11653) who went to nats and did meteo were Galahad (west of CO, not sassy) and Goff18 (...not active in posting games). Perhaps the sassy didn't go to nats... (that thread is not exhaustive, ofc, so it's good to double check other options).
If I remember correctly, starstudent from SSA did meteorology AND is a female. Though she hasn't been very active in posting games either...
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Code, CL, 4&6, WQ
Code, DP, 4&6, WQ
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)

dxu46
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by dxu46 » June 7th, 2018, 10:37 am

Wait, I'm going to change my protect to myself because I don't want to die and if the protect on allopathie is right and I accuse incorrectly, then I can't be an officer anymore.

SOMEONE ELSE PROTECT ALLOPATHIE.

syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by syo_astro » June 7th, 2018, 10:51 am

dxu46 wrote:SOMEONE ELSE PROTECT ALLOPATHIE.
I protect allopathie for reasons stated previously (homeopathy, etc). [Note: dxu hasn't changed his post...ignore this / defer to jonboyage if dxu doesn't change]
Last edited by syo_astro on June 7th, 2018, 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)

linzhiyan

Post by linzhiyan » June 7th, 2018, 11:04 am

dxu46 wrote:Wait, I'm going to change my protect to myself because I don't want to die and if the protect on allopathie is right and I accuse incorrectly, then I can't be an officer anymore.

SOMEONE ELSE PROTECT ALLOPATHIE.
This isn't an official protect right?
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
重要事情说三次

Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator » June 7th, 2018, 7:40 pm

Another correct protect. allopathie has been correctly protected.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/keelyflaherty/ ... .svEw7O2B2
Great link, by the way, I just found it as I was typing this clue.

Disney Chatting Services:
%Anomaly: Looking at my medals, I got two more than last year
madeupuser123: I only got two :(
West: I got two :P
%Anomaly: I found an old childhood book
@syo_astro: which one?
%Anomaly: Officer Buckle and Gloria
@syo_astro: ahhh, never stand on a swivel chair
+dxu46: I’ve always wondered if there was a difference between swivel chairs and rolling chairs
madeupuser123: I don’t think there are any differences
West: I don’t really know either

48 hours (probably not on time though)
In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things, but we can do them with love.

Things in the past can be undone, as things in the present can only be done.

----------
The Relinquished: Jaspattack
The Hopeless: That's for you to decide.

linzhiyan

Post by linzhiyan » June 8th, 2018, 10:13 am

Officer Buckle and Gloria is written by Peggy Rathmann. Does that name mean anything to anyone? The link shows some Disney pictures. Something about satisfaction or something...?
EDIT1: This is to avoid double posting (I seem to be doing this a lot nowadays don't I?) Anyways, is Things2do a female? I think I remember reading something about that on the forums... Anyways, in one of the threads (I forget which one) someone asked if the Assassination games can be the question marathon thread for Codebusters. Things2do replied saying "turns it into a ruined wish thread". The next clue that came out was written in 2 different codes. Yesterday, Things2do also said that she? wanted to do Codebuster as one of her? events next year. Also, she? got first in meteorology in 2015. In conclusion, I'm starting to suspect Things2do.
EDIT2: @Things2do, sorry if I'm falsely or unreasonably accusing you. Also, sorry if I remembered your gender wrong.
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
重要事情说三次

Return to “Assassinator Games”