SciOly Assassination 122: The Most Magical Place On Earth (Not)

jimmy-bond
Division: C
State: HI
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: SciOly Assassination 122: The Most Magical Place On Earth (Not)

Post by jimmy-bond » June 9th, 2018, 11:32 pm

The quote is from Harrison Ford, who played Han Solo in Star Wars and Indiana Jones as well. I wonder if the inspiration is part of the clue ?
Things2do wrote:
dxu46 wrote: The first letters of the people spell ROYGBIV. Optics anyone?
I did it. But then again, so did a lot of people...
Is there anyone from that list that did/does optics?
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Code, CL, 4&6, WQ
Code, DP, 4&6, WQ
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)

kate!
State: NY

Post by kate! » June 10th, 2018, 5:25 am

Assassinator wrote:*insert fancy story here* NeilMehta has died.

Before we start, here’s some inspiration:
“We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance.”

radioactivated, OrigamiPlanet, yxu08, Galahad, Benewcomb, IvanGe, and venules went walking around Animal Kingdom at Disney. They enjoyed seeing the animals for TWO hours before heading back and going to Magic Kingdom.
Suddenly…
venules tripped.
“Are you okay?” IvanGe asked.
“I’m fine, just forgot to tie my shoe!” replied venules.

48 hours.
(Hopefully, this clue isn't as terrible)
Not sure if someone just said this, but the above is a quote from Harrison Ford.
Also, this might be significant: http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~blackman/ ... ctrum.html Scroll down, and you'll find that there is no longer Indigo in the visible light spectrum. Maybe that could warrant a protect for Ivan?
8th grade: I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems!
9th grade: I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and experiments!
10th grade: I knew stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils!
11th grade: I know stuff about birds and fossils!

MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 » June 10th, 2018, 5:40 am

Could we perhaps evaluate which people interact and which people don't? I don't really know any of those members too well, probably because they are active on other event forums. So if we can figure out which forums they are most active on, we may be able to say narrow the sassy down to say, someone who does anatomy. Hope this makes sense
MadCow2357's Userpage
2021 Events: Machines, Gravity Vehicle, Digital Structures/Boomilever
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
rip builds
In remembrance of Len Joeris (Balsa Man) and Dr. Gerard Putz - Don't cry because they are gone. Smile because they were here.

kate!

Post by kate! » June 10th, 2018, 6:00 am

MadCow2357 wrote:Could we perhaps evaluate which people interact and which people don't? I don't really know any of those members too well, probably because they are active on other event forums. So if we can figure out which forums they are most active on, we may be able to say narrow the sassy down to say, someone who does anatomy. Hope this makes sense
I can say that Benewcomb is definitely more active in Posting Games than any other forum, and IvanGe tends to be on the Roller Coaster, Hovercraft, Nationals, and Fast Facts forums.
EDIT: radioactivated is most active on the Mission Possible forums, and since their season has ended, they've been on general chat and posting games. OrigamiPlanet is very active on the DyPlan, ExpD, Meteo, and Solar Systems question marathons and forums. yxu08 only posts in general chat and posting games. Galahad does post other things, but as of recently he's been active in the Nationals forums. venules is also most active in Posting Games, but they do have posts in the North Carolina forum.
8th grade: I knew stuff about rocks, minerals, experiments, and ecosystems!
9th grade: I knew stuff about amphibians, reptiles, freshwater, and experiments!
10th grade: I knew stuff about oceanography, saltwater, birds, and fossils!
11th grade: I know stuff about birds and fossils!

Tailsfan101
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 » June 10th, 2018, 6:27 am

kate! wrote:
MadCow2357 wrote:Could we perhaps evaluate which people interact and which people don't? I don't really know any of those members too well, probably because they are active on other event forums. So if we can figure out which forums they are most active on, we may be able to say narrow the sassy down to say, someone who does anatomy. Hope this makes sense
I can say that Benewcomb is definitely more active in Posting Games than any other forum, and IvanGe tends to be on the Roller Coaster, Hovercraft, Nationals, and Fast Facts forums.
EDIT: radioactivated is most active on the Mission Possible forums, and since their season has ended, they've been on general chat and posting games. OrigamiPlanet is very active on the DyPlan, ExpD, Meteo, and Solar Systems question marathons and forums. yxu08 only posts in general chat and posting games. Galahad does post other things, but as of recently he's been active in the Nationals forums. venules is also most active in Posting Games, but they do have posts in the North Carolina forum.
Also, radioactivated is quite active on the IRC.
2016-2021 Treasure Valley Homeschool, 2020-2021 Div C Captain
2021 events: Disease Detectives, Designer Genes, Geologic Mapping, Write It Do It, Codebusters, Anatomy and Physiology

Assassinator for games 118: New Life and 136: A SciOly Pandemic
Selected Assassinators for games 121 and 148

allopathie
Division: Grad
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by allopathie » June 10th, 2018, 1:17 pm

For the quote it may be referring to the fact that the current target is someone who was targeted before but was protected -- and is now given a second chance to be killed.
PA Water Quality C Event Supervisor.
Harriton '18, Penn '22, Sinai '30.
Facebook

syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

Post by syo_astro » June 10th, 2018, 1:37 pm

Reminder: We don't have to quote the whole clue or link to it...it's better to quote portions (reminding myself too, I've been making my posts messier recently >.<).

Well...that previous clue was sad. Especially since we barely got in any protects >.<. The quote is likely an ID clue because it is "before we start". There was another mention of Han Solo earlier in this game, which is even more why I think this is the case. It seems like the main ID clues revolved around Star Wars or Mulan...except maybe with that weather one. I remember recently someone mentioned starstudent, which relates to everything we've mentioned (especially the "Star Wars" part)...if we can't figure out any protects, it might be better to accuse / try for an ID clue if we fail / accuse again instead of just losing right here and now...I'll note that even if someone hasn't participated heavily in posting games, there's always cases where people get involved again.

It's clear "roygbiv" and "forgot to tie my shoe" are the two clues going on here...but I'm stuck on this clue as well.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)

Anomaly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Anomaly » June 10th, 2018, 1:54 pm

Also if I did my math correctly, and if this is a double target (*wink wink*) in which you don't protect them both correctly, I believe sassy wins the game...?

SO GET TO IT

also if any of you want help then lmk and I'll help you... I'm on the IRC often (but im banned from #scioly so you gotta find me in one of my other channels
Orefield MS SO 2015-2018, Parkland HS SO 2019-2020
Medal/Ribbon Count
Invitational: 25
Regional: 16
State: 7
y o i n k s
Events: Anatomy and Physiology, Codebusters, Designer Genes, Protein Modeling

linzhiyan
State: MO

Post by linzhiyan » June 10th, 2018, 2:17 pm

allopathie wrote:For the quote it may be referring to the fact that the current target is someone who was targeted before but was protected -- and is now given a second chance to be killed.
Dxu is closely related to rainbows and have been tried to be killed before. Worth a protect? And also, I think you mentioned something about your avatar and rainbows before...? (correct me if I'm wrong please...)
Edit1: forgot to tie my shoes reminds me of knottingpurple for some reason, maybe the knotting part...??
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
Don't procrastinate
重要事情说三次

jimmy-bond
State: HI

Post by jimmy-bond » June 10th, 2018, 2:50 pm

allopathie wrote:For the quote it may be referring to the fact that the current target is someone who was targeted before but was protected -- and is now given a second chance to be killed.
In that case, wouldn't you yourself be a reasonable protect?
linzhiyan wrote:And also, I think you mentioned something about your avatar and rainbows before... ?
Combined with this, I believe there's a sufficient amount of information, but idk if it's enough to warrant a protect
Also, if y'all are looking towards Star Wars, madcow has a Star Wars reference as his location, may be irrelevant though.
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Code, CL, 4&6, WQ
Code, DP, 4&6, WQ
Code(16), DD(40), FQ(39),4&6(36), WQ(27)
CriB(26), DP (11), FF(1), MM(14), P&P(6)
CriB(36), DD(35), FF(2), MM(20)

Return to “Assassinator Games”