Scioly Assassination 135: A Series of Unfortunate Non-Harmless April Fool's Day Pranks

Here
Division: C
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Has thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Assassination 135: A Series of Unfortunate Non-Harmless April Fool's Day Pranks

Post by Here »

Originally the sassy’s post didn’t have the last two sentences (ie. “mods make mistakes all the time, too”)
making me think those were added to look less suspicious...
and the fact that the sassy posted very quickly after pika deleted her post........... :?:
These users thanked the author Here for the post:
celinay7738 (May 18th, 2021, 2:08 am)
johns hopkins '25
Crimesolver
State: CA

Re: Scioly Assassination 135: A Series of Unfortunate Non-Harmless April Fool's Day Pranks

Post by Crimesolver »

do we have anything to lose from accusing pika? we're kinda bad at protecting people, and we have no other leads, soooo
These users thanked the author Crimesolver for the post:
celinay7738 (May 18th, 2021, 2:08 am)
Keep on going :)
lindsmaurer
State: OH

Post by lindsmaurer »

Crimesolver wrote:do we have anything to lose from accusing pika? we're kinda bad at protecting people, and we have no other leads, soooo
Nothing to lose... and every officer has at least one accusation
Solon HS Captain
DMAH
Sassy #137
1-3 placements: 58
Medals + ribbons: 109

Fossils: X/2/3
Code: 2/1/10
Sounds: 1/2/11
Detector: 1/2/X
Circuits: 8/X/X
Gravity: 7/X/X
GLM: X\X\X
Here

Post by Here »

Guess I’ll go for it...
By the power of the officer squad, I accuse pikachu4919 because of her suspicious activity (such as deleted posts), speaking in a way similar to the Assassinator, and seeming to know what the Assassinator is thinking in clues.
Last edited by Here on April 24th, 2019, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
johns hopkins '25
Crimesolver
State: CA

Post by Crimesolver »

Here wrote:Guess I’ll go for it...
I accuse pikachu4919 because of her suspicious activity (such as deleted posts), speaking in a way similar to the Assassinator, and seeming to know what the Assassinator is thinking in clues.
you have to follow the prompt that the assassinator gave
Keep on going :)
Here

Post by Here »

Crimesolver wrote:
Here wrote:Guess I’ll go for it...
I accuse pikachu4919 because of her suspicious activity (such as deleted posts), speaking in a way similar to the Assassinator, and seeming to know what the Assassinator is thinking in clues.
you have to follow the prompt that the assassinator gave
Oops, thought some of the rules were April Fools jokes so I didn’t know which applied. Fixed it though
johns hopkins '25
Tailsfan101
Division: Grad
State: ID

Post by Tailsfan101 »

I think the idea that the sassy is targeting themselves seems very plausible, given that they gave us an extra 12 hours. Also, I believe the "Avatar" quote means that the sassy wants us to look at the clue in the context of someone's avatar.
"Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:11-12

I have no regrets.
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

April 1, 1:00 A.M.

I like throwing knives. Or at least I like practicing it. I took a break from my usual pranks to practice that. Who else is awake, anyways? There's no way I'll hit random strangers while tossing my knives around in the dark!

And as I thought that, I heard a scream of pain. I calmly walked over, and saw a bloody figure on the ground.

"Please...I have one last dying wish..." the figure on the ground said.

"What do you want?" I said.

"I wanted pikachu4919 to finish a job I asked her to do months ago, but she didn't actually accomplish it. Can you fulfill that task since she obviously couldn't?"

"Consider it done," I said.

As I walked off, the figure exhaled his last breath.

nicholasmaurer is dead.

Whew! Another kill!

But as I walked off, blinding lights caught me by surprise.

"Freeze!" said Here.

I ran. But...

I am not pika.

Sigh...don't you know that keeping up with all the Assassination games is like keeping up with the Kardashians? Just because we're active in in some games but not in others doesn't necessarily make us any more or less suspicious. But that's also true of college students, who definitely don't have time to keep up with these games that y'all young'uns play.

April Fools.

Congratulations, you have correctly figured me out. I am currently running from the authorities who are out to get me, but here are the solutions to the clues:

Clue #1

Target: pepperonipi
Solved?: Yes
Assassinator wrote:
March 31, 11:58 p.m.

"All hands on deck! All hands on deck! Suspicious person headed for House 100 on Street 31400, code 0501 and 49! We need to put this together and get him behind bars soon!"

Tailsfan101: "FINALLY! Let's see if we can save the victim before the sassy gets to them!"

-72 hrs-
All the numbers put together formed a UPC code for pepperoni. You got that right.

Clue #2

Target: builderguy135
Solved?: No
Assassinator wrote:
April 1, 12:00 a.m.

Quickly thinking, wouldn't it be fun to play a prank on Bob while he's trying to construct three-quarters of a half? Yeah, that would be fun!

-72 hours-
Bob --> Bob the builder, and you overlooked the "three-quarters of a half" pointing to 135 degrees, or three-quarters of the 180 degrees in a semi-circle.

Clue #3

Target: CPScienceDude
Assassinator wrote:April 1, 12:10 a.m.

Oh, just thought of one! Off to find Leader 27 and his son! Dude, this is going to be lit.

-72 hours-
Y'all read into this way too much. I'm not sure you realized that "Leader 27" was referring to the 27th POTUS, which was William H. Taft, who had a son named Robert A. Taft, who CPScienceDude's school is named after.

Clue #4

Target: CookiePie1
Assassinator wrote:April 1, 12:20 a.m.

I'm getting tired...can't rest yet though, since I can't seem to fall asleep. The night is still young, after all. Off to find some sweets to satisfy my late night cravings. I dial 897-932-3846 to place my order and walk off into the night.

-72 hours-
"I can't seem to fall asleep" --> insomnia. Sweets --> cookies. The phone number is a block of 10 digits of pi. Cookie + pie = CookiePie1. I thought this one was really simple, I guess not.

Also, Insomnia Cookies is generally really common in college towns in addition to larger cities. We college students love eating really sweet things at night, especially since most Insomnia Cookies stores are open until 3 or 4 a.m.

Clue #5

Target: Tailsfan101
Solved?: Yes
Assassinator wrote: Incoming call! Could it be the delivery guy?
"Hi there, I've got your cookies and I'm about two minutes away from where you asked us to deliver to"
"OK, I'll be there soon"
"You haven't paid yet, you seemed in a rush. You can pay by card if you can tell me your card number and I'll relay it back to the store"
"OK, just a second..."

I pull out my orange credit card. The number...the number...885737885737...argh, the last digits seem to be unrecognizable to me in the dim light since the paint on them has been rubbing off for a while. I dig for cash as a backup but also hope the delivery guy might have some kind of thing that can accept my payment on the spot. I accidentally click the dial keypad as I instead try to record the first bunch of numbers before shining my phone light on the last four.

-72 hours-
I debated between erring on the side of giving too much help or not giving enough for this one, it wasn't until I literally mentioned the dial keypad or said that the last four digits wouldn't matter that anyone figured it out. But you did get it right eventually, the numbers encoded Vulpes vulpes, which is the scientific name of a fox, which is in Tailsfan's profpic. The orange meant to allude to a fox's color. I don't actually have an orange credit card. :P

Clue #6

Target: nicholasmaurer
Assassinator wrote:
April 1, 12:45 A.M.

What a pretty night sky! I should go find Natasha and Pierre and tell them Valium is my favorite color! All 440 shades of it! Maybe in a number of years, my next target may be able to tell me if my insurance will cover a prescription of it...unless I get them first.

-72 hours-
The pretty night sky was a plot device. It had nothing to do with Astronomy. Natasha and Pierre is a reference to the musical "Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812". "Valium is my favorite color" is from N2N, but it's more of a reference to blue than to the musical itself. 440 is the area code for Solon, OH. The comet is the mascot of Solon HS. Blue is a color of Solon HS (differentiates it from Mason HS, which also has a comet for a mascot but their school colors are green and white). The statement about insurance covering it is a statement that a doctor would be able to give, and Nick is currently a medical student.

Yes, I love ATLA and Broadway musicals, which is what the last clue/hints had a lot of references to.

I definitely was a little disappointed in the lack of effort, in which I tried to give a couple bumps to the officers to do stuff, guess that backfired on me instead. Wish I had a fake account or something :P

The next target would've been ScottMaurer19, which is what the other parts of the story alluded to, since I wrote Solon's Forensics test that involved an attempted murder on Scott.

That just about sums it up.

Here, pm me your choice for the next sassy.

I guess I got lucky, my final exams are (yay only one exam but a ton of projects this week) is next week
mogus
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by BennyTheJett »

Yay!
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
pikachu4919
State: IN

Post by pikachu4919 »

Honestly, compared to the last game I sassied in (113), I made these clues far easier, so...
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!

Return to “Assassinator Games”