Scioly Assassination 138: Tanks and Turrets

Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Re: Scioly Assassination 138: Tanks and Turrets

Post by Assassinator »

Clue #: 2
Target: Things2do
Correctly Protected By: TheChiScientist

Clue: TheChiScientist was saved. Fortunately for him, amk578 let him know that he was in danger. Others will not be as lucky.
A note was sent to TheChiScientist afterwards: Sorry about the inconvenience of explosives. Please forgive us for any civilian casualties. Indeed, we are truly sorry about that. Did we not say detonative? Er…. we did. Really, we’ve got to go now; we’re quite busy.

The key to this is a battle with elephants and a famous Greek, or should we say, Macedonian.
Afh fagwl scwtwg sx lyfh ktrlllfe ah cgbp flmt.

Sig: 2: Some say love, others say God.

Solution: The key for the vigeneres is Hydaspes, the battle where Alexander the Great barely defeated King Porus and his war elephants. The vigenere decodes to: The first letter of each sentence is your key. The first letter of the sentences of the paragraph spell out SPIDER. Things2do is well known for loving spiders. The we’re busy part also indicates that we’ve got ‘things to do.”

Solution for sig: Some say the meaning of life is love, others say God. One of DSB’s interests is finding the meaning of life.
mogus
DatSciolyBoi
Division: C
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by DatSciolyBoi »

CPScienceDude wrote:Good game guys! Will pm soon.
Lmao thanks, it was soo hard staying offline for my main account for this long. Idek why.
Chaparral Middle School -> Troy High School
Background in: Wright Stuff, Bottle Rocket, Mission Possible, Wind Power, Experimental Design, Elastic Launched Glider, Fossils, Mystery Architecture
Builder Cult Satanic Group .CO :twisted:
Co-Sassy of Game 138: Tanks and Turrets
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

Clue #: 3
Target: jimmy-bond
Correctly Protected By: amk578

Well, hello there, seems like you guys had fun. Our next trip will be to a nice liTtle town in Belgium, BeAuTiful place really, chocolAtes, crepeS, and the numerous military engagements. This town was completely scrambled by bombs, and to solve the clue, you’ll need to unscramble it and rebuild. I really sHould make the clues harder. It would be a shame if you didn’t decipher this clue.

qrnnbylmw

Sig 3: 1: What a fast thinker!

Solution for Clue: Capitalized letters (not including the one at the start of the sentence or proper noun) spell BATASH, which rearranges to Atbash, so atbash cipher. The encrypted letters translate to jimmybond when decrypted using an atbash cipher.

Solution for Sig: A reference to how TCC loves Fast Facts, as well as how TCC does a lot of buzzer competitions.
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

Clue #: 4
Target: Dxu46

Good job on the last clue (It was too easy). This one won’t be as easy. Now, let’s look back to 1862. Men MARCHed about trying to capture enemy cities. Oh, but look. This monstrosity came out of nowhere and played whack-a-mole with the navy. Jeez, they showed no mercy, did they? Well, neither will we.
The code sounds like the monster
The enemy of it is the key
Plhnhiifmfqq

Sig 4:2: What about a time machine so we can undo the fall of the Union?

Solution for clue: The paragraph is talking about the Battle of Hampton Roads, the first fight between ironclad warships. The “monstrosity” is the CSS Virginia, an ironclad confederate ship that showed up out of nowhere and destroyed 2-3 boats. Virginia sounds like Vigenere, hence “The code sounds like the monster”. The USS Monitor was the other ironclad, Union this time, that showed up the next day to fight the Virginia. Monitor was also the key to the cipher. The cipher translates to Dxufourtysix, and the target was Dxu46.

Solution for sig: One of DSB’s interests is re-establishing the soviet union (for the memes)
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

Clue #5
Targets: Rossyspace, hippo9
Correctly Protected By: hippo9
Dxu46 was saved. To commemorate my caught, tried, and executed partner. I will make a clue just for him. The only thing I do regret however, is that he has but one life to lose for this game. It was inevitable I guess, we aren’t exactly the fallen Caesar’s of scioly after all.

eolzyfwani

efmmlkfkb

Sig 5: 2: Don’t you just enjoy the quarrelling of the distinguished?

Solution for Clue: The quote, “I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country” is said by Nathan Hale, which is also the key for a Vigenere cipher. The first line of jumbled text inputted into Vigenere with the key nathanhale, will come out as “rossyspace”. Caesar’s fall is referencing the Caesar cipher. His “fall” is specifically hinting at his assassination, in which he was stabbed 23 times. In the Caesar cipher, inputting the second line of jumbled text with shift 23, will come out with hipponine.

Solution for sig: One of DSB’s interests is “Brawl Stars”, a video game. Quarreling of the Distinguished is the synonym.

Rossyspace was killed in this clue.
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

Clue #: 6
Target: Tailsfan101

I’ve decided to give you a break on this clue. It is for one who is like-minded to my partner and I. It all starts with a tactical maneuver so great, that it is still regarded today as one of the greatest of all time. Start with the first revenge of a Carthaginian general. End with the answer.

Vavysjcnbaesjoar

Sig 6: 2: Take to the skies!

Solution for clue: The battle in reference to the clue is the Battle of Cannae. If you use Cannae as the key for the Vigenere, you get Tailsfanoneohone, hence the target Tailsfan101.

Solution for Sig: DSB has done 3 flight events
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

Clue #: 7
Target: amk578
Correctly Protected By: CPScienceDude

TailsFan101 is saved. I sure hope the next is not so lucky

How does a ragtag volunteer army, in need of a shower
Somehow defeat a global superpower?
How do we emerge victorious from the quagmire?
Leave the battlefield waving Betsy Ross's flag higher.

What is the answer? A simple keyword would suffice.

kkmladfl skqfpljaie rclr lky xms vdii pefdeue rce kewr fdncep llllllaalllalalllalalalllalalallallallalllallalalallalllaalallalllalllllaalllaaaallaa

Solution: This is a quote from hamilton, the answer is lafayette. Input that into a keyword cipher and get, “nnoabica unscramble that and you will recieve the next cipher aaaaaabbaaababaaabababaaabababaabaabaabaaabaabababaabaaabbabaabaaabaaaaabbaaabbbbaabb”
Nnoabica unscrambles to baconian. Input the A-B code and recieve amkfiveseveneight
Also misleads people just for fun, as well as it being a ID clue. DSB has at one point thrown in, “I just got addicted to hamilton lmao” on the IRC

Sig: Things sure are crazy here!

Solution for sig: DSB’s location is “where the wild things are”
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

Clue #: 8
Targets: TheChiScientist, CPScienceDude
Correctly Protected By: amk578, TheChiScientist
Who was he before the first Caesar? The next made good pottery; it was very good pottery. Who was the second to lead this?

Ne euk hjx oits hklmzlrhl gnl Mmdtxmz Kimka Dlagcuk. I eifrgk ia py yha mkcpe at a julvvnb hwlw moue waww.

Yqcgqvrw mgi jvffv osb xuvajky hyra appmbr. Fwmj otcqoa sef exhs ucen bo gdmf xmgkvh.

Solutions: The first Caesar was Augustus, or Octavian. This was meant to trick any people following the game, as they would naturally think Julius Caesar. If you decode the first vigenere with GaiusOctaviusThurinus, August’s birth name, you get “He was the only president and Supreme Court Justice. I wonder if he got stuck in a bathtub more than once.” This is talking about William Howard Taft. CPScienceDude went to Taft Middle School. The next clue was the pottery. That clue was referring to the Ming dynasty. The second emperor of the Ming dynasty was the Jianwen Emperor. If you use this as the key for the second vigenere, you get “Pictures are shown off through this action. This action was also done to this target.” This clue is referring to the fact that TheChiScientist was framed at the beginning of the game.

Sig: Строитель Клуб

Solution for sig: It says builder club in russian
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

Clue #: 9
Target: amk578, ESBoi123
Correctly Protected By:
The next clue is a little unstAble. RemembeR TecumSeh? Well, this one wasn’t his fault, him being a Prophet and all. Well tHEn, C ya!

Oops, I forgot to tell you! I have no idea why this state is named so. In fact, it’s not far away from another weirdly named state in another country! It’s home of, Tecumseh, Crazy Horse, and Sitting Bull’s kind.

Sig: Land of the Warriors

Solution for Clues: The battle in reference to the first clue is the Battle of Tippecanoe, which took place in Indiana. The C is capitalized to refer to Indiana C, and the other capitalized letters are amk578’s events, A & P, RS (road scholar), and HE (Heredity). ESBoi123 lives in Washington, which imo is weirdly named. It’s also next to british Columbia, which is also weirdly named imo. And Washington is the home of the Washington Redskins, native americans.

Solution for sig: DSB is in California, home of the Golden State Warriors

amk578 and ESBoi123 were both killed in this clue
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

Clue #10
Target: CPScienceDude
Correctly Protected by: TheChiScientist
.- .... .... .... / - .... . / .. .-. --- -. -.-- .-.-.- / - .... .. ... / .--. . .-. ... --- -. / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. -. - / .... .- ...- . / . ...- . -. / -... . . -. / --- -. / -- -.-- / .-.. .. ... - .-.-.- / .--. .. - -.-- / - .... --- ..- --. .... --..-- / .. - / -.. --- . ... / ... . . -- / - .... .- - / .-- . / .... .- ...- . / - .... . / ... .- -- . / .. -. - . .-. . ... - ... .-.-.-
Well, the end of the war is near. We needed the spies, the immigrants, the activists, and the generals. The world truly is turning upside down.
adjmbsjpxkyzs

Sig: Headed for the hallowed land
Solution: Morse code references CPScienceDude who was mentioned earlier. Text points to Yorktown (A world turned upside down), from hamilton, which is also the key for a vigenere

Solution for sig: One of my interests is claiming the holy land Lmao. Hallowed is a synonym for holy.
mogus

Return to “Assassinator Games”