Scioly Assassination 139: Summer Vacation

amk578
Division: C
State: IN

Re: Scioly Assassination 139: Summer Vacation

Post by amk578 »

Pastaman202 wrote:
pb5754[] wrote:
hmmm wrote: Based on this, the target probably does solar system,either Paper Airplane or a flying event, did wind power, and doesn't do/like thermo.
changing planet probably refers to dp not solar system
Maybe make a list of all dp kids?
I’m new to forums so all I know is me lol
I protect Pastaman202 because of the changing planet reference could relate to how he did dplan and won DP at nats.

New sig: “Tom ran his hand nervously over his mouth.”
2018 - Anatomy, Crime Busters, & Road
2019 - Anatomy, Disease, Heredity, & Road
2020 - Anatomy, DGenes, Disease, Forensics, Ping Pong Parachute, & Protein Modeling
2021 - Anatomy, Chem Lab, DGenes, Disease, Machines, & Protein Modeling
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

It’s time for my next kill, but it needs to be fast, the officers are onto me. I swiftly make my way to offer JoeyC’s room. I pick the lock. I open the door. There he is, sleeping. I make it quick and painless. I look around but feel something’s off. Suddenly, I hear running down the hall. I panic. No no no no! This can’t be over so soon. In an attempt to save myself I hide under the bed. The officers get into the room and see JoeyC, dead. They start searching the room for any clues. This is it. I’m caught. They make their way over to the bed. TheCrazyChemist looks under the bed, directly at me and whispers, “Game over”.

TheCrazyChemist - Guys I found him
TheChiScientist - Under the bed?
hmmm - Well, TheCrazyChemist, you do the honors.
TheCrazyChemist - Ok, CPScienceDude, you are under arrest for the murders of jaggie34, MadCow2357, and JoeyC.
amk578 - Time to come out now.

I crawl out from under the bed. I put my hands behind my back. “You got me”, I sighed.

Ok, so I actually had a lot of fun with this. I might’ve sucked a bit, but hey, whatever :). I’ll be posting solutions in 10 minutes. TheCrazyChemist, you know what to do.
mogus
TheCrazyChemist
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheCrazyChemist »

Assassinator wrote:It’s time for my next kill, but it needs to be fast, the officers are onto me. I swiftly make my way to offer JoeyC’s room. I pick the lock. I open the door. There he is, sleeping. I make it quick and painless. I look around but feel something’s off. Suddenly, I hear running down the hall. I panic. No no no no! This can’t be over so soon. In an attempt to save myself I hide under the bed. The officers get into the room and see JoeyC, dead. They start searching the room for any clues. This is it. I’m caught. They make their way over to the bed. TheCrazyChemist looks under the bed, directly at me and whispers, “Game over”.

TheCrazyChemist - Guys I found him
TheChiScientist - Under the bed?
hmmm - Well, TheCrazyChemist, you do the honors.
TheCrazyChemist - Ok, CPScienceDude, you are under arrest for the murders of jaggie34, MadCow2357, and JoeyC.
amk578 - Time to come out now.

I crawl out from under the bed. I put my hands behind my back. “You got me”, I sighed.

Ok, so I actually had a lot of fun with this. I might’ve sucked a bit, but hey, whatever :). I’ll be posting solutions in 10 minutes. TheCrazyChemist, you know what to do.
Good game! I thought that the clues couldve been a bit easier in the beginning, but this game was fun! I'll get to picking the next sassy soon.
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by CPScienceDude »

Also, make it more like a couple hours for solutions, lol.
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
JoeyC
State: TX

Post by JoeyC »

Wait... so the sig was the only id in the entire game?
(also Jimmie you got me killed)
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by CPScienceDude »

JoeyC wrote:Wait... so the sig was the only id in the entire game?
(also Jimmie you got me killed)
Also the occasional tkam reference
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

CLUE 1:
Target - jaggie34
Protected by - No one

The officers, who just boarded, are walking around the ship, acquainting themselves with the layout and surroundings when suddenly a crumpled paper falls from an upper deck, OFFICER picks it up and reads it aloud;

“Well, this ship seems nice, and the weather is nice too. I like it here. Anyyyyyyyway Who should I start with? Ah. Yes. I know exactly who. All I have to do is wait.

I should start planning…

Tick tock… 2 hours
Tick tock… 1 hour
Tick tock… 30 minutes
Tick tock… 1 minute

Sooooo close. Just a little longer before I can get started.”

OFFICER takes a look at the paper and notices there’s something scrawled on the back.

WFXYJW NRFLJ FWYNKFHYX

Let’s go, says OFFICER.

~48 hours~

Explanation -

Caesar shift of five decodes the message to ‘raster image artifacts’. These are also called jaggies.
Also, the numbers after the ‘tick tock’s’ add up to 34.
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

CLUE 2:
Target - TheChiScientist
Protected by - hmmm

The officers are called to the ship’s bridge over the intercom. Once they arrive, the captain tells them that jaggie34 was killed this morning. The officers then walk to the mess hall to discuss.

Before the next clue, I would like to apologize for the first clue. I had written it a while back when a lot more people were active. The kill will still count towards my 10 to win, but from now on my clues will target more recently active members to make the game fairer.

TheCrazyChemist - We need 2 get back to work.
hmmm - But wait, shouldn’t we contact the family?
TheChiScientist - Yeah, come on hmmm, let’s go.
TheCrazyChemist - I’ll keep working, someone has 2.
amk578 - I’ll go with you, TheCrazyChemist
JoeyC - Yeah me too.

TheCrazyChemist, amk578, and JoeyC walk back 2 TheCrazyChemist’s room work on the task at hand.

When they all reach TheCrazyChemist’s room, they notice a note taped on their door. It reads;

“now now now now now now now now now, your futIle attempts to keep me at bay Will only put yoursElf in Danger. if you can figure out who I am then obviously I’ll have to stop, and that’d Just suck, but if not then Good luck. you see, if you walked Around in my shoes, then you’d know how much Fun this is. by the way, this book i’m reading is really good. it has Morales and stuff as a theme. morales, huh, maybe i need some of those. anyway, good luck!”

TheCrazyChemist read the note and immediately opened up his laptop 2 skype the other 2 officers.

~48 Hours~

Explanation -
Viginere cipher with a key of “morales”. The capital letters in the note read “iwedjgafm” and decodes to “windycity”.
Windy city refers to Chicago, which is where Chi comes from in TheChiScientist’s username.
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

CLUE 3:
Target - TheCrazyChemist
Protected by - amk578

Once TheChiScientist and hmmm answer the call, TheCrazyChemist tells TheChiScientist and hmmm about the note. hmmm immediately solved it and tells TheChiScientist that he’s in danger. TheChiScientist is placed in protective custody for the next 24 hours and is saved. hmmm now has an accusation.

A few quiet days after the saving of TheChiScientist, JoeyC was at the pool when he received a call from an unknown number. The voice of the caller was distorted and unrecognizable, but still able to be understood. During the call, JoeyC wrote down what he heard and later he showed it to the other officers.

JoeyC - We need to figure out what these letters mean!
hmmm - I agree, but what could the key be?
amk578 - I’m not sure, but let’s use what we know.
JoeyC - Wait, where’s the last note we found?
TheCrazyChemist - I have it still, here it is.
amk578 - Ok, the assassinator mentions morales, and that was the key to the last cipher. What exactly did that person say in that phone call? I think they may have given a clue somewhere in that call.
JoeyC - “gwie awvaqgg umtx bae cpqgm guzjgk phlqa ahck aaayxzl. That ship. What was it called? It was supposed to be unsinkable, but it sank anyway. Whoops.”
amk578 - And what was the number that called you?
JoeyC - It was: 1 + 618-156-9125.
TheCrazyChemist - Ok, let’s get moving. We can’t afford to lose anyone else on this ship

~48 hours~

Explanation -
Viginere cipher with a key of “Titanic”. That decodes to: nopenothingherethephonenumberholdsyouranswers. The phone number is the translation of “profile” when a is ‘1’ b is ‘2’ ect. Then if you went to my profile, my website link was to a website of a blog called “Watch out, the Crazy Chemist's about”.
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

Clue 4:
Target: MadCow2357
Protected by: No one

The next morning when hmmm gets up, he had a brilliant idea. He told the other officers his idea and amk578 figured out who was in danger. TheCrazyChemist was placed into protective custody for the next 24 hours and was saved. Congratulations amk578, you now have an accusation.

amk578 - It’s been quiet. Too quiet.
JoeyC - I agree, we’ve got nothing from the killer for days.
TheCrazyChemist - Are you guys complaining? Because I don’t mind.
TheChiScientist - Yeah, I’m with you on that one.
hmmm - They have a point, though. It’s a little worrying that we haven’t heard anything yet.

Suddenly, all the TV’s on the ship turn off and back on. But instead of the shows they were on, it showed a cryptic message.

“Did you miss me? Probably not. But let’s get going, shall we? He’s seemed to be a bit wobbly lately, off-balance. Depressed too. I’m sure that later he won’t remember anything, though. So it’ll be ok.”

hmmm - Let’s go.

~48 hours~

(Sorry about the lateness of this clue)

Explanation -
Depression, balance issues, and dementia are all symptoms of mad cow disease.
mogus

Return to “Assassinator Games”