Scioly Assassination 142: Town of Sciolyville

TheCrazyChemist
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Assassination 142: Town of Sciolyville

Post by TheCrazyChemist »

waffletree wrote: September 24th, 2019, 5:35 pm i got it
someone accuse hmmm before you run out by accusing people with almost absolutely no proof
1. hmmm posted on sept 12, then sept 24, sassy posted on 16th then 23rd - kinda matches up
2. lindsmaurer said living dinos -> orni, and stone postmortem -> gravestone -> fossils
3. sciolyperson1 chose the sassy - and its not unlikely that he chose someone he knows, like a teammate
Someone who only has 1 incorrect accuse do this. I have 2 incorrect, so I'm not going to take the chance.
TheMysteriousMapMan
Division: C
State: MI

Post by TheMysteriousMapMan »

TheCrazyChemist wrote:
waffletree wrote: September 24th, 2019, 5:35 pm i got it
someone accuse hmmm before you run out by accusing people with almost absolutely no proof
1. hmmm posted on sept 12, then sept 24, sassy posted on 16th then 23rd - kinda matches up
2. lindsmaurer said living dinos -> orni, and stone postmortem -> gravestone -> fossils
3. sciolyperson1 chose the sassy - and its not unlikely that he chose someone he knows, like a teammate
Someone who only has 1 incorrect accuse do this. I have 2 incorrect, so I'm not going to take the chance.
I'll take it. I accuse hmmm per waffletree's reasoning.
2020 Events: Astronomy, Experimental Design, Detector Building, Ornithology, Sounds of Music.

Unsuccessful Assassinator of Game 143.

JoeyC
Division: Grad
State: TX

Post by JoeyC »

Oops, ignore this post
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

TheMysteriousMapMan was walking home when they realized someone was behind him. They quickly turned around and lunged at the person, pinning them down on the ground and removing their hood. TheMysteriousMapMan let out a gasp, as he realized who the sassy was.

I am indeed hmmm.

PM me your choice for the next sassy TheMysteriousMapMan. Clue solutions will be posted soon.
mogus
pepperonipi
State: FL
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pepperonipi »

Assassinator wrote: September 24th, 2019, 7:30 pm TheMysteriousMapMan was walking home when they realized someone was behind him. They quickly turned around and lunged at the person, pinning them down on the ground and removing their hood. TheMysteriousMapMan let out a gasp, as he realized who the sassy was.

I am indeed hmmm.

PM me your choice for the next sassy TheMysteriousMapMan. Clue solutions will be posted soon.
Good game. So many accusations! :o
happy new season!

University of Florida
My Wiki Page | WikiProject SciOly and Scioly.org | Pi-Bot

2019: Code, Fermi, Thermo
2020: Detector, Orni, Code (Substitution: Penn)
2021: Detector, Orni, Circuit, WICI
TheMysteriousMapMan

Good game everyone! Thanks waffletree for figuring it out! I'll PM my choice today or tomorrow.
2020 Events: Astronomy, Experimental Design, Detector Building, Ornithology, Sounds of Music.

Creationist127
State: IN
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Creationist127 »

Man, we had seven incorrect accusations... this has to be a record of some sort. Good game, everyone!
2018: Hovercraft, Thermo, Coaster, Solar System
2019: Thermo, Circuit Lab, Sounds, Wright Stuff
2020: Circuit Lab, Wright Stuff, Machines
2021: Circuit Lab, Machines, WIDI, anything but Wright Stuff

Can I request that we delete 2020 from our memories and do it over again?
TheCrazyChemist
Has thanked: 0

Post by TheCrazyChemist »

Good game! Those ID's were kinda hard ngl. But the clues were good. Please post the solutions soon, I'm interested in seeing how correct we are!
TheMysteriousMapMan

PM for sassy choice sent!

Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

Clue Solutions:

Clue #1
Target: TheCrazyChemist
Assassinator wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 2:46 pm The officers are Creationist127, JoeyC, TheMysteriousMapMan, TheCrazyChemist, jaggie34.
----------------------------
It was a normal day for JoeyC. That is, until he found this note buried while farming and subsequently called the other officers over for a meeting to decide what to do about it.
Note wrote: the lost one, the movie one, the holiday one
first to come, quick to go

ooogpg

You have 48 hours.
Solution: The note refers to the colonies(lost=Roanoke,movie=Jamestown(Pocahontas),holiday=Plymouth(Thanksgiving)). meeting also suggests the meeting between Old and New Worlds. Deciphering "ooogpg" as a vignere with key "colony" results in "madsci" which refers to TCC.
Clue #2
Target: Creationist127
Assassinator wrote: September 5th, 2019, 7:17 pm TheCrazyChemist was walking home from the meeting, when suddenly, he saw 2 yellow eyes in the darkness. Panicking, he started running, but unfortunately, he made it home safe. Perhaps I should have chosen another method.

jaggie34 was eating dinner when suddenly, a random villager rushs in. "I saw a vicious beast! A small one, but still very vicious! And it left behind a note that said 'rgbygscrsfledpphsbwbwxyoasmuullss'!"

You have 48 hours.
Solution: The note contains the 1st letter of every pokemon game and small beast = pocket monster = pokemon. This refers to Creationist127 because their profile pic is a pokemon; the yellow eyes happened to work as a kill clue too because the pokemon in the pic has yellow eyes.
Clue #3
Target: sciolyperson1
Assassinator wrote: September 9th, 2019, 2:23 pm Sorry for the delay.

Creationist127 was plowing their land when suddenly their horses were spooked and started running. Creationist127 was dragged into a river and almost drowned if TheMysteriousMapMan hadn't been nearby and pulled him out.

While Creationist127 was recovering at home, he heard a knock at the door. He got up to open the door, but there was no one there, just a note.
Note wrote:Those who choose their doom are truly foolish.
[ size=3]Especially if they were the leader of the Soviets[ /size]
-Sassy's Proverbs, page 18
Solution: The 1st line of the note refers to the fact that he chose me as sassy. The 2nd line refers to the fact that they were one of Community's captains last year(soviets->communism->community).
Clue #4
Target: jaggie34
Assassinator wrote: September 13th, 2019, 1:23 pm It was a Thursday night and all the townspeople were gathered for the annual harvest feast. sciolyperson1 got up to make a toast, but suddenly, there was a whistling noise and he slumped over. An investigation ensued, in which an arrow was found in his back and this note under his plate:
Note wrote: If you're good at something, never do it for free.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
Did you do it? [Yes] What did it cost? [Everything]
You shall not pass.
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die
I am the one who is willing to do what it takes to seize my moment, whatever it takes.
Solution: Each quote is from a movie character(The Joker, Andy Dufresne, Gamora, Gandalf, Inigo Montoya, Ernesto de la Cruz) whose name's first letter spells out "jaggie".
Clue #5
Target: MadCow2357
Assassinator wrote: September 16th, 2019, 10:26 am jaggie34 was sleeping when suddenly, they smelled something odd. Something, that smelled sort of like smoke. jaggie34 quickly woke up, and as it turned out, their house was on fire. They quickly ran to raise the alarm and try to get people to come help put out the fire. Unfortunately for them, by the time the town could organize a bucket brigade, the house had already completely burned down. In the ashes was a note, somehow unburned:
Note wrote: kinda like the flu,
kinda like a protein,
kinda like an ungulate,
kinda like blue
Solution: The 1st and 2nd lines are about prions(Mad Cow Disease is spread by prions). The 3rd line refers to the fact that cows are ungulates. The 4th line refers to the fact that blue is the complementary color of orange.
Clue #6
Target: TheMysteriousMapMan
Assassinator wrote: September 23rd, 2019, 5:48 pm Sorry for the (extreme) delay.
MadCow2357 was eating dinner at home when he suddenly started feeling nauseous. He immediately went to go see the doctor, but halfway along the road, he passed out. He was found by TheCrazyChemist and quickly brought to the doctor. Unfortunately, he was not killed by the poison and is recovering.
The next day, while Creationist127 was walking to their farmland, they noticed something strange. Lying in another field were many rocks, arranged in lines. They quickly realised that these rocks spelled out these words:
Rocks wrote:a company founded near the nw ang, wearing the color of the animal that shouldn't fly
Solution: 1st part refers to 3M(since there are 3 M's in TMMM's profile picture), which founded in Minnesota which is where the Northwest Angle is. 2nd part refers to the (false) quote "According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyways. Because bees don't care what humans think is impossible." which is about bees, which are black and yellow, just like TMMM's profile picture. Also, the Northwest Angle is a map thing.
Signatures:
These were the main ID clues.
  • 37.75,-75.92: These are coordinates in the Chesapeake bay which refers to WaQua which is one of my events
  • living dinos(from a certain point of view) = birds = ornithology(also one of my events)
  • stone postmortem = fossils(another one of my events)
  • 2nd in the 1st = 2nd place nats in WaQua(1st sig solution)
  • Perhaps seeing the transmissions would help? But you can already see them...: The 1st sentence refers to TV rock(ulexite)(since TVs show transmissions visually). The 2nd refers to the fact that ulexite is already visible as my profile picture
  • 1922-1991 = Soviet Union Timespan = communism = Community MS(former school)
Next Sassy has been PM'd.
mogus

Return to “Assassinator Games”