SciOly Assassination 143: City Of SciOlypolis

amk578
Division: C
State: IN

Re: SciOly Assassination 143: City Of SciOlypolis

Post by amk578 »

I feel like the sassy's either TheMysteriousMapMan or CPScienceDude, just a hunch. Crown Point (CP) is the county seat of Lake County, IN. MMM could've chosen himself as sassy but idk. Also, MMM is in Michigan.
2018 - Anatomy, Crime Busters, & Road
2019 - Anatomy, Disease, Heredity, & Road
2020 - Anatomy, DGenes, Disease, Forensics, Ping Pong Parachute, & Protein Modeling
2021 - Anatomy, Chem Lab, DGenes, Disease, Machines, & Protein Modeling
TheCrazyChemist
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheCrazyChemist »

I accuse TheMysteriousMapMan because of all the Michigan clues.
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by BennyTheJett »

Lake county is a county in Michigan, but that's about all. It isn't big, and there aren't any scioly teams.
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

TheCrazyChemist had a sneaking suspicion about my identity, and so he went over to TheMysteriousMapMan's house. MapMan nonchalantly answered the door, and TheCrazyChemist held up a search warrant. On a table, he found notes to each of the five officers with clues and plans for a simultaneous kill clue for each of the five officers–my next big plan, in addition to copies of the past clues. Congratulations, TheCrazyChemist, and the other officers, you have won. I am, indeed, TheMysteriousMapMan.

TCC, PM this account your choice for the next sassy, and the clue solutions will be posted tonight or tomorrow night.

Thanks all for the fun game, and sorry if my game wasn't up to par–my first time doing this, after all.
mogus
TheCrazyChemist
Has thanked: 0

Post by TheCrazyChemist »

Good game! That was really fun, all though imo those sigs were hard. The clues were good though. The next sassy has been chosen (please accept).
lindsmaurer
State: OH

Post by lindsmaurer »

I knew it!!! Wish I could’ve voiced my suspicions (I was killed ooooof)...

Good game!
Solon HS Captain
DMAH
Sassy #137
1-3 placements: 58
Medals + ribbons: 109

Fossils: X/2/3
Code: 2/1/10
Sounds: 1/2/11
Detector: 1/2/X
Circuits: 8/X/X
Gravity: 7/X/X
GLM: X\X\X
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: IN
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by CPScienceDude »

amk578 wrote: October 15th, 2019, 11:41 am I feel like the sassy's either TheMysteriousMapMan or CPScienceDude, just a hunch. Crown Point (CP) is the county seat of Lake County, IN. MMM could've chosen himself as sassy but idk. Also, MMM is in Michigan.
Lol me? And why were you so intent on killing me? Lol
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

THE SOLUTIONS:

ID: Sigs have referred to the four events that I did last year (posted in an old thread), Lake County, MN refers to the company 3M, the Narcissus sig refers to the fact that I chose myself, and then the sports teams from my state, MI. I think that's all of them.

UNSOLVED CLUES (all correctly solved ones were solved as intended) :
UNSOLVED CLUE 1: As jaggie34 was tracing my steps, he found a note that I had conveniently lost on the corner of Felix Boulevard and Sanus Street. It only read: jaj o yd rvd. How unclear. Not unlike the writings of ancient Rome.
jaj o yd rvd, a vigenere with a key of Walgreens (at the corner of Happy & Healthy), decodes to linzhiyan backwards.

UNSOLVED CLUE 2:
Since you've been successful with my convoluted puzzles, here's another one: irxu eloolrq rqh kxqguhg wkluwb-wkuhh ploolrq vhyhq kxqguhg hljkwb-rqh wkrxvdqg irxu kxqguhg iruwb-rqh.

Once you decode it to the numbers, 4133781441, if separated into 41.337, -81.441, gives you the coordinates for Solon, OH, hence, lindsmaurer.

PM for sassy choice has been sent, and I am awaiting a response.
mogus
TheMysteriousMapMan
State: MI

Post by TheMysteriousMapMan »

TheCrazyChemist wrote: Good game! That was really fun, all though imo those sigs were hard. The clues were good though. The next sassy has been chosen (please accept).
Yeah, it was hard for me to find a balance between being too obvious, and not obvious enough.
lindsmaurer wrote: I knew it!!! Wish I could’ve voiced my suspicions (I was killed ooooof)...

Good game!
I kinda guessed you were on to me, so I thought it prudent to target you, just in case. :D
CPScienceDude wrote:
amk578 wrote: October 15th, 2019, 11:41 am I feel like the sassy's either TheMysteriousMapMan or CPScienceDude, just a hunch. Crown Point (CP) is the county seat of Lake County, IN. MMM could've chosen himself as sassy but idk. Also, MMM is in Michigan.
Lol me? And why were you so intent on killing me? Lol
To be fair, I only targeted you twice, and once was just because I needed a quick kill clue. As I hinted in the final post, I was going to do an elaborate rapid-fire round a-la Joey in MH370 where I would have given each officer an individual clue to solve in 48 hours, with collaboration if they desired. I hadn't quite figured out the details before I got accused.
2020 Events: Astronomy, Experimental Design, Detector Building, Ornithology, Sounds of Music.

Unsuccessful Assassinator of Game 143.

Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

New sassy has accepted.
mogus

Return to “Assassinator Games”