SciOly Assassination 144: Avalon

MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: RI

Re: SciOly Assassination 144: Avalon

Post by MadCow2357 »

Yeah I made the switch from Div B to Div C so I guess I'm a plausible target. Besides solving the clue tho, we need to find the evil dudes fast or else we still lose.
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by LittleMissNyan »

Suspicions That Probably Aren't True:

Mordred: UTF? (he did a sassy game with poems) (wait no the last time he was active was end of September)
Agent of Evil: Creationist turned the clue around and accused Things2Do and downplayed the binary translations decripted with UTF encoding

Now that I think about it that's super flimsy evidence ignore :cry:
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
TheMysteriousMapMan
State: MI
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheMysteriousMapMan »

Arthur might be lindsmaurer.
sassy wrote:Arthur has noble descent,
Born to wear the crown,
As a baby he hated writing,
But later doing made him frown,
The Maurers are a pretty big family SO-wise. Anyone else that might fit the bill?

ALSO: I think we need to go for the second victory option, since I don't think we have enough knights otherwise.
2020 Events: Astronomy, Experimental Design, Detector Building, Ornithology, Sounds of Music.

Unsuccessful Assassinator of Game 143.

BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by BennyTheJett »

The poem talks about "Him", and Arthur is a male name. (Pretty Sure Linds is a female?). Nick Maurer might be a better option.
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
TheCrazyChemist
Has thanked: 0

Post by TheCrazyChemist »

BennyTheJett wrote: November 21st, 2019, 6:29 am The poem talks about "Him", and Arthur is a male name. (Pretty Sure Linds is a female?). Nick Maurer might be a better option.
I think perhaps the writing thing refers to WIDI. Who used to hate WIDI but now dislikes it less? I don't think the target is linds, but it is a possibility that the sassy might just be saying referring to Arthur, but not the user that Arthur is (idk if that makes sense).

Creationist is prob not evil, iirc he solved a bunch of clues and the last clue did say that there was extensive ID in it. Also, we need to solve ID, we haven't really solved any. ytiper is pyrite scrambled, but I'm not sure about anything else.
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by LittleMissNyan »

TheCrazyChemist wrote: November 21st, 2019, 7:26 am Creationist is prob not evil, iirc he solved a bunch of clues and the last clue did say that there was extensive ID in it. Also, we need to solve ID, we haven't really solved any. ytiper is pyrite scrambled, but I'm not sure about anything else.
as if I haven't instantly regreted pretty much everything i've posted here yeee
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt
Things2do
State: TN

Post by Things2do »

[quote=Assassinator post_id=402615 time=1574308328 user_id=10640]
When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of my castle, I only had two things on my mind: to drink some bubble tea and how to finish off Things2do. Knife? No, death by climate change would be much funnier. Actually, no, that’s too slow - it’s only med-evil times and there aren’t that many greenhouse gases in the atmosphere yet. I need him dead by tonight. Hmmm, maybe I should  buy a big spider and have it bite him. Nah, that wouldn’t work either, because spiders scare the living daylights out of me.

Continuing to ponder this question, I looked up, only to find Things2do a mere 10 feet in front of me.

“Good day, sir. I’m looking for some wheels for this Gravity Vehicle I’m building. Would you happen to know where I can buy wheels?”

“Uh… try the next village, I have some evil business to attend to right now. Good day!”

Things2do gave a nod, preparing to go on his way, when enlightenment suddenly hit him. He whipped around, drawing a revolver from his belt (don’t ask me how he has a gun in the Middle Ages). “Wait a second! You look familiar… you are Mordred! Are you not?”

Faced with a cocked barrel to the face, I had no choice but to stammer, “Uhhh… yes?”

“Good.” Things2do smiled. “I’m turning you over to the Grammar Nazi Police. You have 10 seconds to hand over all your weapons and drop to the ground before I blow your head into smithereens. 10, 9, 8...”

And that’s when the knights Creationist127, TheCrazyChemist, and hmmm decided to spring into action. “Yehaw! Giddyup! Chargeeeeeee!”

Three arrows sprang from their respective bows, each slamming into Things2do’s back, causing him to yell in agony. “I’m innocent!” screamed Things2do desperately.

“Hey! Don’t kill him! Innocent until proven guilty,” yelled TheMysteriousMapMan, who had just rounded the corner on a nearby forest road.

But the other knights had seen enough (without hearing a single word of the exchange though). Rushing in, Creationist127 pulled me off the ground and into his saddle, while hmmm knocked the revolver out of Things2do’s hand. Then, TheCrazyChemist lopped the head of Things2do clean off with one mighty stroke of his broadsword. Sir TheMysteriousMapMan rode as fast as he could, but Things2do was already dead.

Sir Creationist127 turned his steed around, trotting back to the scene of the short but bloody battle. “Are you okay, old woman?”

Fortunately for me, I was disguised (yum Polyjuice potion). Otherwise, I would have been recognized instantly. And finally, TheMysteriousMapMan arrived, huffing, puffing, and visibly angry, as his fat little horse continued to disregard his attempts to dial up the speed. “Why’d you kill him? What if he was an innocent man?”

“DUDE, DID YOU SEE HOW THINGS2DO ALMOST KILLED THIS POOR OLD LADY!” yelled Creationist127 in exasperation.

“Yeah, I’m a poor old lady,” I said, regaining some of my former confidence.  

“YEAH, SHE WOULD DIED!” yelled hmmm.

“Yeah, I woulda died!” This conversation was going exceptionally well for me.

“SO OUR ACTIONS WERE COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED!” yelled TheCrazyChemist.

“Yes, killing him was justified and exactly what I had in mind,” I mumbled listlessly.

The knights all turned to look at me, confused. “Uh… what?” said Creationist127. It was high tide for me to make a quick disappearance. “Look over there!” I grabbed a smoke grenade off the ground and detonated it as the knights all instinctively looked to the sky.

I turned on my heel and sprinted away. Luckily, they did not know in which I had gone, so I managed to escape. Instead, they were left sobbing on the ground, all of the knights except TheMysteriousMapMan cursing their own blindness and recklessness. TheMysteriousMapMan, of course, sighed in defeat.

[u]You have one shot at redemption. If you can successfully accuse my two Minions and I, Good can execute us and still prevail. You must specify what you are accusing the accused of being, whether it is treason or it is of being Mordred. With 3 people per accuse, there is minimal room for error. All or nothing. Amass the knights.

There is also another way to win. I will be targeting Arthur this time, whose identity is unknown to you. If he or she dies, the game will also end. However, if Arthur is protected, only two members of evil need to be accused correctly. Protects and accuses may overlap this round.[/u]

[i]Poems seem to be my thing,
Maybe a bell that phrase shall ring;
Go back a decade to find my partner,
Or maybe inspect some ytiper.

Draw your swords to protect,
Or your boomis I may wreck,
What the heck,
Perhaps your binders will be next.

Arthur has noble descent,
Born to wear the crown,
As a baby he hated writing,
But later doing made him frown,

No longer need to divide the B,
From there on out just divide C.
The winding path to scholars lie,
The “traitor” might be me,

Rereading carefully you’ll discover,
A car that’s made to hover,
Moving on, the reason why,
Is we need to leave - explosive time!

[/i]I suppose you would like some ID. But there’s plenty hidden around.
48 hours…
[/quote]
Wow. That's a very involved description of my death...
As a side note, my suspect list just narrowed. Unfortunately, that camel went through the eye of the needle. Therefore, I'm just gonna float along and keep my, erm..., mouth shut.
John 5:46-47
Eagle Scout
Colorado School of Mines

"[A] new project car is always a good idea. [Y]ou always need a new project car[.]" - jaspattack

Let's go, Brandon!
See Wiki
TheMysteriousMapMan
State: MI

Post by TheMysteriousMapMan »

On another note: the thing about B & C could refer to someone who goes to a district that used to have two middle schools and two high schools, but the two middle schools just merged. I don't know enough about the users here to figure out who that might be, though.
2020 Events: Astronomy, Experimental Design, Detector Building, Ornithology, Sounds of Music.

Unsuccessful Assassinator of Game 143.

BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by BennyTheJett »

TheMysteriousMapMan wrote: November 21st, 2019, 10:39 am On another note: the thing about B & C could refer to someone who goes to a district that used to have two middle schools and two high schools, but the two middle schools just merged. I don't know enough about the users here to figure out who that might be, though.
Community and WWP?? Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but isn't that the same district? Builderguy???? He does/did boom.
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
lindsmaurer
State: OH

Post by lindsmaurer »

On mobile so I can’t say much but the only clues that point to me are that I hated writing as a child and that I’m part of a SciO family.

Yes I’m a girl (my name is actually Lindsey lol; Linds is a nickname bc typing two extra letters take too long).

ytiper unscrambles to Pyrite (someone may have said this already idk) so I’m guessing Mordred used to do R&M. The “decade” part rules out a LOT of people, though.

Oh, and “floating car” may refer to hovercraft, but it could also refer to maglev, which was an event a long time ago.
Solon HS Captain
DMAH
Sassy #137
1-3 placements: 58
Medals + ribbons: 109

Fossils: X/2/3
Code: 2/1/10
Sounds: 1/2/11
Detector: 1/2/X
Circuits: 8/X/X
Gravity: 7/X/X
GLM: X\X\X