SciOly Assassination 144: Avalon

BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: SciOly Assassination 144: Avalon

Post by BennyTheJett »

Notable person from a long time ago who is still active, and did MagLev, hated WIDI, and is from a notable SciO family.....
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
lindsmaurer
Division: C
State: OH

Post by lindsmaurer »

BennyTheJett wrote: November 21st, 2019, 11:01 am Notable person from a long time ago who is still active, and did MagLev, hated WIDI, and is from a notable SciO family.....
Also probably NOT the oldest child if they have scio siblings, since oldest children don’t have a legacy to carry on.
Solon HS Captain
DMAH
Sassy #137
1-3 placements: 58
Medals + ribbons: 109

Fossils: X/2/3
Code: 2/1/10
Sounds: 1/2/11
Detector: 1/2/X
Circuits: 8/X/X
Gravity: 7/X/X
GLM: X\X\X
TheMysteriousMapMan
State: MI
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheMysteriousMapMan »

lindsmaurer wrote: November 21st, 2019, 11:11 am
BennyTheJett wrote: November 21st, 2019, 11:01 am Notable person from a long time ago who is still active, and did MagLev, hated WIDI, and is from a notable SciO family.....
Also probably NOT the oldest child if they have scio siblings, since oldest children don’t have a legacy to carry on.
MagLev or Hovercraft. If it's MagLev, then it might be a mod (the sassy already has targeted mods and grads quite a bit).
2020 Events: Astronomy, Experimental Design, Detector Building, Ornithology, Sounds of Music.

Unsuccessful Assassinator of Game 143.

lindsmaurer
State: OH

Post by lindsmaurer »

Because we need to accuse people, I suggest accusing Pikachu4919, but will not officially do so yet...

She has historically targeted mods and admins
She promised Nick and me that she would try to kill Scott in her next assassination game
She has made multiple harry potter references throughout her previous games, and the sassy did in the past two clues
Her games are often complex and change up the rules
She did fossils and geomapping
She apparently sent Nick a link to this game at some point

EDIT: Sig says "I am Iron Man"
Solon HS Captain
DMAH
Sassy #137
1-3 placements: 58
Medals + ribbons: 109

Fossils: X/2/3
Code: 2/1/10
Sounds: 1/2/11
Detector: 1/2/X
Circuits: 8/X/X
Gravity: 7/X/X
GLM: X\X\X
pikachu4919
State: IN
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by pikachu4919 »

lindsmaurer wrote: November 21st, 2019, 8:17 pm Because we need to accuse people, I suggest accusing Pikachu4919, but will not officially do so yet...

She has historically targeted mods and admins
She promised Nick and me that she would try to kill Scott in her next assassination game
She has made multiple harry potter references throughout her previous games, and the sassy did in the past two clues
Her games are often complex and change up the rules
She did fossils and geomapping
She apparently sent Nick a link to this game at some point

EDIT: Sig says "I am Iron Man"
Assassinator wrote: November 20th, 2019, 7:52 pm When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of my castle, I only had two things on my mind: to drink some bubble tea and how to finish off Things2do. Knife? No, death by climate change would be much funnier. Actually, no, that’s too slow - it’s only med-evil times and there aren’t that many greenhouse gases in the atmosphere yet. I need him dead by tonight. Hmmm, maybe I should buy a big spider and have it bite him. Nah, that wouldn’t work either, because spiders scare the living daylights out of me.

Continuing to ponder this question, I looked up, only to find Things2do a mere 10 feet in front of me.

“Good day, sir. I’m looking for some wheels for this Gravity Vehicle I’m building. Would you happen to know where I can buy wheels?”

“Uh… try the next village, I have some evil business to attend to right now. Good day!”

Things2do gave a nod, preparing to go on his way, when enlightenment suddenly hit him. He whipped around, drawing a revolver from his belt (don’t ask me how he has a gun in the Middle Ages). “Wait a second! You look familiar… you are Mordred! Are you not?”

Faced with a cocked barrel to the face, I had no choice but to stammer, “Uhhh… yes?”

“Good.” Things2do smiled. “I’m turning you over to the Grammar Nazi Police. You have 10 seconds to hand over all your weapons and drop to the ground before I blow your head into smithereens. 10, 9, 8...”

And that’s when the knights Creationist127, TheCrazyChemist, and hmmm decided to spring into action. “Yehaw! Giddyup! Chargeeeeeee!”

Three arrows sprang from their respective bows, each slamming into Things2do’s back, causing him to yell in agony. “I’m innocent!” screamed Things2do desperately.

“Hey! Don’t kill him! Innocent until proven guilty,” yelled TheMysteriousMapMan, who had just rounded the corner on a nearby forest road.

But the other knights had seen enough (without hearing a single word of the exchange though). Rushing in, Creationist127 pulled me off the ground and into his saddle, while hmmm knocked the revolver out of Things2do’s hand. Then, TheCrazyChemist lopped the head of Things2do clean off with one mighty stroke of his broadsword. Sir TheMysteriousMapMan rode as fast as he could, but Things2do was already dead.

Sir Creationist127 turned his steed around, trotting back to the scene of the short but bloody battle. “Are you okay, old woman?”

Fortunately for me, I was disguised (yum Polyjuice potion). Otherwise, I would have been recognized instantly. And finally, TheMysteriousMapMan arrived, huffing, puffing, and visibly angry, as his fat little horse continued to disregard his attempts to dial up the speed. “Why’d you kill him? What if he was an innocent man?”

“DUDE, DID YOU SEE HOW THINGS2DO ALMOST KILLED THIS POOR OLD LADY!” yelled Creationist127 in exasperation.

“Yeah, I’m a poor old lady,” I said, regaining some of my former confidence.

“YEAH, SHE WOULD DIED!” yelled hmmm.

“Yeah, I woulda died!” This conversation was going exceptionally well for me.

“SO OUR ACTIONS WERE COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED!” yelled TheCrazyChemist.

“Yes, killing him was justified and exactly what I had in mind,” I mumbled listlessly.

The knights all turned to look at me, confused. “Uh… what?” said Creationist127. It was high tide for me to make a quick disappearance. “Look over there!” I grabbed a smoke grenade off the ground and detonated it as the knights all instinctively looked to the sky.

I turned on my heel and sprinted away. Luckily, they did not know in which I had gone, so I managed to escape. Instead, they were left sobbing on the ground, all of the knights except TheMysteriousMapMan cursing their own blindness and recklessness. TheMysteriousMapMan, of course, sighed in defeat.

You have one shot at redemption. If you can successfully accuse my two Minions and I, Good can execute us and still prevail. You must specify what you are accusing the accused of being, whether it is treason or it is of being Mordred. With 3 people per accuse, there is minimal room for error. All or nothing. Amass the knights.

There is also another way to win. I will be targeting Arthur this time, whose identity is unknown to you. If he or she dies, the game will also end. However, if Arthur is protected, only two members of evil need to be accused correctly. Protects and accuses may overlap this round.

Poems seem to be my thing,
Maybe a bell that phrase shall ring;
Go back a decade to find my partner,
Or maybe inspect some ytiper.

Draw your swords to protect,
Or your boomis I may wreck,
What the heck,
Perhaps your binders will be next.

Arthur has noble descent,
Born to wear the crown,
As a baby he hated writing,
But later doing made him frown,

No longer need to divide the B,
From there on out just divide C.
The winding path to scholars lie,
The “traitor” might be me,

Rereading carefully you’ll discover,
A car that’s made to hover,
Moving on, the reason why,
Is we need to leave - explosive time!

I suppose you would like some ID. But there’s plenty hidden around.
48 hours…
Excuse me, as a college student (and in the final year of undergrad too), I thoroughly do not have enough time to write something as elaborate as this clue. I just happen to chat with Nick from time to time since we're alums (and we still need to take a picture with switched team shirts since I got him a Carmel shirt and he got me a Solon shirt XD). Also, I have the privileges to target my fellow staff members since I am one :P
Carmel HS (IN) '16
Purdue BioE '21? reevaluating my life choices
Nationals 2016 ~ 4th place Forensics

"It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale." -Uncle Iroh

About me || Rate my tests!
Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

MY CABBAGES!
TheCrazyChemist
Has thanked: 0

Post by TheCrazyChemist »

pikachu4919 wrote: November 21st, 2019, 8:35 pm Also, I have the privileges to target my fellow staff members since I am one :P
You're not helping your case.... But for some reason I don't think pika would take another sassy opportunity after such a short period of time. College students really don't have time.
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by BennyTheJett »

TheCrazyChemist wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 6:42 pm Huh, this is interesting. Sounds like Secret Hitler to me. I'll be a knight, but I won't talk about ID since I know who the sassy/Mordred is.

EDIT: I just realized that there is as much lying as truth-telling to be done. So I'll give all you knights a fair warning that I'm an agent of evil. I'm so looking forward to the chaos that can ensue from this game. I'll talk about ID, but maybe you should take my word with a grain of salt. Or maybe I'll tell the truth....
Wack....
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
Creationist127
State: IN

Post by Creationist127 »

BennyTheJett wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 5:42 am
TheCrazyChemist wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 6:42 pm Huh, this is interesting. Sounds like Secret Hitler to me. I'll be a knight, but I won't talk about ID since I know who the sassy/Mordred is.

EDIT: I just realized that there is as much lying as truth-telling to be done. So I'll give all you knights a fair warning that I'm an agent of evil. I'm so looking forward to the chaos that can ensue from this game. I'll talk about ID, but maybe you should take my word with a grain of salt. Or maybe I'll tell the truth....
Wack....
Actually, TheCrazyChemist said that before they realized that there was a clue that needed to be solved to become evil.
2018: Hovercraft, Thermo, Coaster, Solar System
2019: Thermo, Circuit Lab, Sounds, Wright Stuff
2020: Circuit Lab, Wright Stuff, Machines
2021: Circuit Lab, Machines, WIDI, anything but Wright Stuff

Can I request that we delete 2020 from our memories and do it over again?
TheCrazyChemist
Has thanked: 0

Post by TheCrazyChemist »

BennyTheJett wrote: November 22nd, 2019, 5:42 am

Wack....
Ughhh, someone finally discovered me. But am I telling the truth or not? I'm in this to have fun and win, and since I'm good, we'll win.
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

A 24 hour extension will be given. C'mon guys...
mogus

Return to “Assassinator Games”