SciOly Assassination 145: Deja Vu

Assassinator
Posting Games Account

SciOly Assassination 145: Deja Vu

Post by Assassinator »

On a planet not so far away...
Mars, Capital city Olympus, Time Travel Agency Headquarters, 3020.
TheCrazyChemist- *Yawn*
MadCow2357- Tell me about TCC. I don’t even know why they have us here. Looking for anomalies is pointless. It’s not like anyone outside of the government and the Skelarian Nation have been able to develop such technology. Even then everyone knows not to mess with the timeline.
TheMysteriousMapMan- You guys know the rules. Besides we still get paid anyways.
TheCrazyChemist- Yea but even then it’s…
TheMysteriousMapMan- It’s what TCC?
TheCrazyChemist- Hold up I’m detecting an anomaly in the timeline!
MadCow2357- WHAT! That’s impossible!
TheMysteriousMapMan- Reports are showing that war strategist Sun-Tzu was never born!
MadCow2357- No.No.No.No.NO! This is not good!
TheCrazyChemist- *Hits big red button and turns on loudspeaker* This is a Code Black! I repeat a Code Black! This is not a drill! I repeat this is not a drill!
*Alarms start blaring over the loudspeaker*
MadCow2357- Where’s the commander!
*Door opens and several people enter*
CPScienceDude- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!
TheCrazyChemist- Commander CPSD! We have an Anomaly in the timeline Sir!
CPScienceDude- Impossible! Get me the head of Time Travel in here ASAP!
BennyTheJett- He’s on the way Sir!
Lindsmaurer- I’ll notify President Bernard immediately!
*More people enter*
Pikachu4919- How bad is it Sir?
CPScienceDude- Well TheChiScientist? How bad is it?
TheChiScientist- Well Sir if more situations like these keep on occurring the space time continuum as we know it will be destroyed!
CPScienceDude- GAH! Miss Pikachu! Call in the Time Law Enforcers!
Pikachu4919- Right away Sir!
*Screen Flickers On*
Dr Nemesis- I see you’ve caught wind of my operations eh commander CPScienceDude?
CPScienceDude- Who the heck are you! How’d you get on there! This is a secure facility!
Dr Nemesis- Who I am does not matter. You may call me Dr Nemesis commander.
TheChiScientist- Are you the one behind this assassination?
Dr Nemesis- Why yes Professor TCS.
TheChiScientist- Why?!? Do you know what that will do to the timeline!
Dr Nemesis- The interests of the Shadow Legion are irrelevant to all of you.
CPScienceDude- We will stop you!
Dr Nemesis- *Chuckles* I’d like to see you try. Anyways I’ve got things to do. Timelines to destroy, groceries to buy. You know the usual.
*Screen flickers off*
Pikachu4919- Sir the Time Law enforcers are on the way.
CPScienceDude- Good. Good. Be ready people! We have a crisis on our hands!
*Screen flickers back on*
Gobble Gobble Gobble. Hope you like history people because you’re about to feel the wrath of 1621.
BennyTheJett- Looks like a message?
Lindsmaurer- But what does it mean?
These users thanked the author Assassinator for the post:
JoeyC (March 10th, 2020, 7:32 pm)
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Re: SciOly Assassination 145: Deja Vu

Post by Assassinator »

Hello there citizens of the Solar System! It is I! Dr Nemesis Leader of the Shadow Legion!
I hope you are ready for what is about to come.
The Laws Of Time:
1. There will be eight time law enforcers. The first eight that PM me the correct solution to my clue will be chosen. Though, if you’re newer or have not been around in a while it’s less likely you’ll be able to identify me.
2. Anyone may participate. This includes the last assassinator as well with the exception that they cannot help with identifying me.
3. People will die. Admins and mods are not immune, there are no exceptions. I also request that they would not reveal my identity, for the sake of the enjoyment of the game. All choices of targets will be for the sake of clues and narrative.
4. Time law enforcers may protect a total of 4 people per clue. Protections require 2 Time Law enforcers to grant time immunity to a person. Protections may not be changed once cast.All protections are valid until before I post the next clue (including if I am late).
5. I Dr Nemesis leader of the secretive Shadow Legion have succeeded in corrupting 2 time law enforcers. It is your job to figure out who they are.
6. Once a time law enforcer has helped make 2 incorrect accusations, they will suffer a revocation of their time travel badge. The officer may only help from the command center just like all other civilians.
7. I will provide clues which plainly point to my next victim.
8. When accusing someone of being a member of the Shadow Legion you must use the following template "I accuse (place name here) because (give reason here)." If you don't use this template when accusing the accusation won't count and will be counted as incorrect.
9. Any victim that is killed may leave one name in a time capsule. This time capsule will only be opened after the next clue is solved. In the time capsule they can leave the name of the person they suspect the most of being a member of the Shadow Legion at their time of death. There will be no other contact from the dead other than this.
10. Civilians may post.
11. Should an enforcer quit, be killed, or fail to participate in 3 consecutive clues, their replacement will be the next person to volunteer to accept the position.
12. Each clue will last 48 hours, after which I will strike.
13. If I, Dr Nemesis, do not reply in 7 days after all protects are made, each officer gets a free accusation without consequence.
14. Each time law enforcer will have unlimited accusations.
15.All accusations to try and identify me Dr Nemesis will require 4 time law enforcers supporting said accusation. All accusations attempting to capture the associates of the Shadow Legion will require 2 time law enforcers supporting said accusation. Any incorrect accusation will result in the deletion of the accused from the timeline and their inevitable death.
16. I win after 12 assassinations have been made.
17. Dr Nemesis reserves the right to add to and edit these rules as they deem necessary.
If you're wondering where's the clue it in the previous post. Pm me the answer. 421042
I await your responses. Tick Tock. You're on the clock.
Last edited by Assassinator on December 3rd, 2019, 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
mogus
JoeyC
Division: Grad
State: TX

Post by JoeyC »

This'll be interesting to see how it pans out. However, it may be a good idea to lower accuse reqs/amount of evil people temporarily because a lot of people aren't gonna have time to do this over Thanksgiving Break - it might turn out like last game where near the end the only active dudes were 1.75 good people (weighting actually effort solving clues) and 2 evil people (ensuring that evil literally just won due to inactivity).

Changing the amount of people required to do an action to 2 and maybe the amount of evil people to 1 (to ensure a balance in good v evil) may be a good idea.
However, take this with a grain of salt, cause I can't predict people's activity that well; this is only a projection.

I for one, will be watching from the sidelines cause I won't have time to solve these clues lol.
MadCow2357
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: RI

Post by MadCow2357 »

Assassinator wrote: November 25th, 2019, 3:35 pm Hello there citizens of the Solar System! It is I! Dr Nemesis Leader of the Shadow Legion!
I hope you are ready for what is about to come.
The Laws Of Time:
1. There will be nine time law enforcers. The first nine that PM me the correct solution to my clue will be chosen. Though, if you’re newer or have not been around in a while it’s less likely you’ll be able to identify me.
2. Anyone may participate. This includes the last assassinator as well with the exception that they cannot help with identifying me.
3. People will die. Admins and mods are not immune, there are no exceptions. I also request that they would not reveal my identity, for the sake of the enjoyment of the game. All choices of targets will be for the sake of clues and narrative.
4. Time law enforcers may protect 3 people per clue. Protections require 3 Time Law enforcers to grant time immunity to a person. Protections may not be changed once cast.All protections are valid until before I post the next clue (including if I am late).
5. I Dr Nemesis leader of the secretive Shadow Legion have succeeded in corrupting 2 time law enforcers. It is your job to figure out who they are.
6. Once a time law enforcer has helped make 2 incorrect accusations, they will suffer a revocation of their time travel badge. The officer may only help from the command center just like all other civilians.
7. I will provide clues which plainly point to my next victim.
8. When accusing someone of being a member of the Shadow Legion you must use the following template "I accuse (place name here) because (give reason here)." If you don't use this template when accusing the accusation won't count and will be counted as incorrect.
9. Any victim that is killed may leave one name in a time capsule. This time capsule will only be opened after the next clue is solved. In the time capsule they can leave the name of the person they suspect the most of being a member of the Shadow Legion at their time of death. There will be no other contact from the dead other than this.
10. Civilians may post.
11. Should an enforcer quit, be killed, or fail to participate in 3 consecutive clues, their replacement will be the next person to volunteer to accept the position.
12. Each clue will last 48 hours, after which I will strike.
13. If I, Dr Nemesis, do not reply in 7 days after all protects are made, each officer gets a free accusation.
14. Each time law enforcer will have unlimited accusations.
15.All accusations to try and identify me Dr Nemesis will require 3 time law enforcers supporting said accusation. All accusations attempting to capture the associates of the Shadow Legion will require 2 time law enforcers supporting said accusation. Any incorrect accusation will result in the deletion of the accused from the timeline and their inevitable death.
16. I win after 12 assassinations have been made.
17. Dr Nemesis reserves the right to add to and edit these rules as they deem necessary.
If you're wondering where's the clue it in the previous post. Pm me the answer. 421042
I await your responses. Tick Tock. You're on the clock.
HMMMMM...

I see my game mechanics in play here :P

On an unrelated note this seems like a really cool theme - one I was actually considering when planning for my game.

EDIT: What are you looking for as a solution to the clue?
MadCow2357's Userpage
Gallagher MS '19
Barrington HS '23
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

Ah yes. 2 things I must address here.
1. Joey C makes a good point. I'll add kills required if it dulls down in activity.
2. I am looking for a certain historical event. Hint Hint. You're all smart enough to figure it out.
Also these mechanics are pretty good. I just modded them to be better. Hehe
mogus
TheCrazyChemist
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheCrazyChemist »

Well then. I'm not a fan of vague clues, but I guess I'll have to do with not being an officer. Note that Anomaly was capitalized once in the script, maybe pointing to the user? The word was also mentioned a lot.
TheMysteriousMapMan
Division: C
State: MI
Been thanked: 0

Post by TheMysteriousMapMan »

EDIT: didn't realize there was a clue to solve lol.

On second thought, I'll just sit back on this one. I, like TCC, am more of a ciphers and image puzzle kind of person.
2020 Events: Astronomy, Experimental Design, Detector Building, Ornithology, Sounds of Music.

Unsuccessful Assassinator of Game 143.

JoeyC
State: TX

Post by JoeyC »

Wait... is everyone gonna sit out?
lol
CPScienceDude
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: IN
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by CPScienceDude »

Hopefully I'm not. I just sent an answer to the entry clue. Also, I like how I'm important to the story lol.
Crown Point HS '23
Purdue University '27

Assassinator 139 and 147

About Me!
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

You guys better not make this any easier for me to win...
So far people have found the clue to be quite simple how I planned. Enjoy the simplicity while it lasts. Hehe.
JoeyC (March 10th, 2020, 7:33 pm)
mogus

Return to “Assassinator Games”