Scioly Assassination 151: █████████████

Post by Assassinator »

Date: 06 September 2020

SCIOLY.ORG ASSASSINATION
REPORT NO. 01

ON ESTABLISHING THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT

DEFINITIONS
ASSASSINATOR
The game master. They create the clues and make kills. Their identity is hidden but will be revealed (thus ending the game) if they are correctly accused.
OFFICER
The leading players of the game. Officers may make accusation, protections, and resurrections. Officers must be active participants in discussing and solving the clues. Two rounds of inactivity will initiate a vote to remove them from their position.
CIVILIAN
The secondary players of the game. They may discuss and solve the clues, but lack the power to make an accusation, protection, or resurrection.
DEAD
The victims of kills. They are not allowed to discuss ID clues or future Kill clues once they are dead.
ROUND
Each game cycle. Each round will feature at least one Kill clue and one ID clue. Each round begins approximately every 48 hours, unless otherwise stated.
KILL CLUE
A Kill clue will hint towards the identity of an active Scioly.org user. Kill clues indicate who will be killed next by the Assassinator. If there are two targets in one round, it will be clearly stated, either upfront or hidden along with the clue(s).
ID CLUE
An ID clue will hint towards the identity of the Assassinator. Early clues will be more difficult or even impossible to solve. They may require information to be collected over several rounds to be solved. They will primarily be posted in the signature, although this is not a strict rule.
ACCUSATION
Each round, every officer will have the opportunity to make one accusation about the identity of the Assassinator. Each accusation will cost one point. The accusation will immediately kill whomever the subject is (if they are already dead, ignore this step). If the accusation targets an innocent person, they will be killed and become among the dead. If the accusation targets the Assassinator, the game is won.
PROTECTION
Each round, every officer will have the opportunity to protect any single scioly.org user from the Assassinator's attempt to kill. If the protection correctly protects the target of the Kill clue, the protecting officer will earn one point.
RESURRECTION
Each round, every officer will have the opportunity to revive anyone who is dead. A resurrection costs two points. If they resurrected was formerly an officer, they do NOT retain the points they had prior to their death.
KILL
Each round, a user will be targeted by the Assassinator with the Kill clue. If they are not protected by at least one officer, they will be killed and become dead.
Officers can earn points via making correct accusations, as well as if the Assassinator chooses to award extra points. Points may be spent to resurrect the dead or make accusations. Points are transferable, but each officer may only make a net transfer of one point (giving or receiving) per round. Officers start with zero points.

GAME RULES
  • Unless requested otherwise, the first five people to reply will be officers. Officers inactive for two or more rounds may be voted off by the remaining officers by a simple majority. If an officer is voted out or steps down, their points are transferred to their replacement.
  • Many will die. This includes staff, officers, and civilians. Dead officers lose all their points. The dead may NOT make posts which aid in solving active or future Kill clues or any ID clues. They may solve or work through older kill clues, including the one that led to their death. The dead may NOT circumvent this rule by discussing clues on other threads, in the Discord, in private messages, or any other sort of communication that may spoil the game.
  • Any and all scioly.org users may fully participate except those already aware of my identity. Those who are aware may only solve kill clues, not ID clues.
  • Rounds will typically start in the mid-afternoon (no guarantees) and feature at least one kill clue and at least one ID clue. Protections, accusations, and resurrections from the previous round will be addressed as well.
  • Officers are limited to three total accusations, at a cost of one point per accusation. Accusations require reasoning and cannot be shot into the dark. The Assassinator wins if all officers run out of accusations or all die.
  • The same person may not be protected and accused in the same round.
  • Hints may be given by the Assassinator should the clues turn out to be excessively difficult or poorly written. Questions which raise concerns that may affect the flow of the game will also be answered as soon as possible.
These rules are subject to change as necessary.

Code: Select all

The first Kill clue has already been given. Have fun!
These users thanked the author Assassinator for the post:
LittleMissNyan (April 18th, 2021, 11:56 am)
mogus
builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: NJ
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Scioly Assassination 151: █████████████

Post by builderguy135 »

I'll protect Umaroth, his username is spelled out in the game rules
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North '22
BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage
Umaroth
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by Umaroth »

Man they really do be targeting me first :(
I'll join in for this game
Cal 2026
Troy SciOly 2021 Co-Captain
Proud Padre of the Evola SciOly Program 2018-now
Dank Memes Area Homeschool Juggernaut 2018-now
Sierra Vista SciOly Co-Head Coach 2020-now

Umaroth's Userpage
Creationist127
State: IN

Post by Creationist127 »

That was fast. I'll be the third officer!
EDIT: For future reference, sig is:
Imagine thinking La donna è mobile is an English song lmao
La donna è mobile is (as far as I can tell) Italian. It is a song from Giuseppe Verdi's opera Rigoletto, and the title means "The woman is fickle" or "Woman is flighty". In case it matters, it is a canzone sung by this guy called the Duke of Mantua.
More can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_donna_%C3%A8_mobile
Last edited by Creationist127 on September 6th, 2020, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2018: Hovercraft, Thermo, Coaster, Solar System
2019: Thermo, Circuit Lab, Sounds, Wright Stuff
2020: Circuit Lab, Wright Stuff, Machines
2021: Circuit Lab, Machines, WIDI, anything but Wright Stuff

Can I request that we delete 2020 from our memories and do it over again?
builderguy135
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Post by builderguy135 »

Creationist127 wrote: September 6th, 2020, 12:00 pm That was fast. I'll be the third officer!
EDIT: For future reference, sig is:
Imagine thinking La donna è mobile is an English song lmao
La donna è mobile is (as far as I can tell) Italian. It is a song from Giuseppe Verdi's opera Rigoletto, and the title means "The woman is fickle" or "Woman is flighty". In case it matters, it is a canzone sung by this guy called the Duke of Mantua.
More can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_donna_%C3%A8_mobile
could be a reference to someone who does sounds, or someone who's italian? just a thought ig
West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North '22
BirdSO Co-Director
My Userpage
Torchic
Division: B
State: IL
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Torchic »

Oh there's a new game? I'll attempt to join/be officer

Sorry for inactivity, I struggled a bit with my new school schedule, I hope to be active more now that I'm used to it (And set up my scioly account on my stupid school Chromebook)
18-19- A&P-2nd R, 1st S Boomi- 2nd R 2nd S Game On- 4th R 2nd S
19-20- A&P-1st R Boomi-1st R Game On- 1st R
20-21-Same events as ^ xd
http://moskaushrine18842.000webhostapp.com/ Team Song at its finest >:3

Lovin' our team name
kleinerPanzer
Wiki Moderator
Wiki Moderator
Division: Grad
State: KS

Post by kleinerPanzer »

I'll take the 5th slot unless someone else really, really wants it

As for the the signature, La donna e mobile is a notably famous italian song. Along with Funiculi Funicula and Bella Ciao, it's one of the most well-known "italian-sounding" songs. Not sure if i have much more to add on that tho, especially the "English" part
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by BennyTheJett »

I will be ghosting this game due to knowing the sassy's ID. I will help on kill clues, although this clue was fairly easy (i hope)
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
JoeyC
State: TX

Post by JoeyC »

Oh wow the last game ended
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by BennyTheJett »

JoeyC wrote: September 6th, 2020, 7:08 pm Oh wow the last game ended
Yeah. I jumped out a window!
These users thanked the author BennyTheJett for the post (total 2):
LittleMissNyan (September 7th, 2020, 7:43 am) • Efesa (September 20th, 2020, 7:34 pm)
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.

Return to “Assassinator Games”