Scioly Assassination 153- Scythe

sneepity
Division: C
State: NY
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Re: Scioly Assassination 153- Scythe

Post by sneepity »

Oh god, a lot has happened - sorry guys, I've had a lot of homework and basic work in general :saddecry:
it seems like officers are doing good?
I'm not sure as to what the painting is :( I'll try to browse around tho, and edit this later
Last edited by sneepity on December 18th, 2020, 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
B)
k1208438
Division: B
State: TX
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by k1208438 »

finals week :cry:
AstroClarinet
Division: Grad

Post by AstroClarinet »

Assassinator's signature is now "i've been thinking about what to put on my wishlist lately..." and they have posted in the codebusters C question marathon and person below you threads.

Anyone else find the number of victims confusing? (which might just be mistakes)
Assassinator wrote: November 13th, 2020, 4:24 pm HOUR 10
The ten missing people, they’re all inside this building.
Assassinator wrote: November 13th, 2020, 5:04 pm HOUR 2
The group thins out to seven as time passes. Three had already gone their separate ways.
(when we received the clue above we'd only seen two people leave, and plus the clues skipped from hour 0 to hour 2)
Assassinator wrote: December 13th, 2020, 1:47 pm HOUR 5
The group thinned into a far smaller amount as the hours passed faded into five. Out of the original nine, only three remained. The atmosphere was silent just like it had been earlier. Not a word to be said.
Assassinator wrote: December 16th, 2020, 1:19 pm HOUR 6
The group shrunk by the 5th hour. By now only three remained. It was silent, exactly like it had been earlier. After
One of them takes a look around the mansion. She turns towards the small group of three. She doesn’t want to leave their company but at the same time, she hates sitting around idly. She’s in a state of distress.
"was silent just like it had been earlier"/"was silent, exactly like it had been earlier" is repeated as well, intentionally or not, and I don't know if the cutoff after "After" is supposed to mean something.
These users thanked the author AstroClarinet for the post:
MorningCoffee (December 18th, 2020, 4:48 pm)
AstroClarinet's Userpage
Nats: Remote sensing 3rd 2x, Astronomy 6th, Cell Bio 3rd
 Astro, Genes, Water, DigiStructures, Solar System, Boomi, Density, Eco, Optics, Towers, Microbe, Mission Possible
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

There are 10 victims in total. The number of victims varying across the clues are just mistakes. The same can be said with the cutoff after After.
Last edited by Assassinator on December 18th, 2020, 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author Assassinator for the post (total 2):
AstroClarinet (December 18th, 2020, 6:44 pm) • LittleMissNyan (April 18th, 2021, 11:28 am)
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

HOUR 10

LittleMissNyan and Fyren are dazed from earlier. They enter the next room, ready to find the next victim of the Reaper. After losing booknerd. They can’t lose anyone else.

The room is meteorology themed - specifically climate. There’s clouds and suns handpainted over the walls. There’s small cartoonish wind breezes scattered across the wall. It has a light blue base, just like the sky.

“Ihateclouds?” Fyren suggests.

LittleMissNyan can’t tell for sure yet. She decides to take a look at the forecast first. LittleMissNyan pulls out her phone, searching for the specific forecast. It’s from Pennsylvania.

Ihateclouds is from Pennsylvania. She loves meteorology and clouds.

It has to be her. There’s nobody else that fits the room as well as her. With the paintings of clouds over the walls and the forecast from Pennsylvania, Ihateclouds fits all the boxes.

“It’s Ihateclouds.” LittleMissNyan tells Fyren, “She’s the only option.

Fyren nods. They decide to look around the room for any clues of where she could be.

“There’s a trapdoor here.” LittleMissNyan points.

“Do you think that’s where she is?”

“Where else could she be?”

LittleMissNyan nods. She grabs the handle of the trapdoor and pulls it open.

Fyren peeks her head inside. It’s almost pitch black. There’s only enough light for her to make out the stairs.

Fyren pulls out her phone. 30% battery, enough for a flashlight. She glances at LittleMissNyan. They nod at each other. They’re going in.

Fyren switches on her flashlight, before stepping onto the concrete stairs. LittleMissNyan follows her. They’re careful not to make too much sound.

They break into a small sprint. They still have to find the others. Fyren’s sneakers click with the concrete flooring echoing between the walls as they travel down the stairs. It’s quite loud. LittleMissNyan trails behind Fyren keeping an eye out for the Reaper.

It takes a while before they reach the bottom. Besides the clicks of their shoes, it’s an eerie silence. It’s the kind of silence heard in horror movies - the kind where their own shadows haunt them. But, they stay calm. It’s only a matter of time before they find her.

“That way.” LittleMissNyan points.

There’s a hallway in front of her. It must lead somewhere. Fyren bobs her head. Aside from the hallway, there’s not much else.

They run in a brisk jog, looking around them for any signs of Ihateclouds. They’re plenty of rooms in the hallways. They just need to know which one
“This one?” LittleMissNyan stops in front of a room.

It’s caught her attention. The door has been decorated with painted clouds, just like the one they came from. None of the other doors they’ve come by have had this design. They’re all plain, except this one.

“Open it.”

LittleMissNyan twists the handle.

They both run inside, scavenging the room for any sight of her.

She’s there.

Ihateclouds is there.

Both Fyren and LittleMissNyan are relieved for a minute.

“Where’s the reaper?” They speak out almost at once.

Their eyes flicker around the room. They don’t see the Reaper. Only the three of them are in the room.

It’s a bittersweet victory for them. They can’t pinpoint why the reaper isn’t there. Fyren takes a closer look around the room. Her eyes fall upon a piece of paper in the center.

A note.

TE QPPWD TVP DFXXPC QZC XPPGPY ESZFRS HP'CP TY OPNPXMPC
These users thanked the author Assassinator for the post:
LittleMissNyan (April 18th, 2021, 11:28 am)
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

HOUR 7

The group thins out even more as time passes.The final pair glance at each other. They want to know who’s gonna leave next.

One of them meets the other’s eyes. He takes a deep breath. He’s going to find a way to leave this haunted house.

“I’ll go this way.” He says without hesitation.

He turns towards the sixth hallway at first. But, there’s zero rooms for him to enter. He shrugs. There’s no exits in this hallway. It’s like an infinite passageway.

He decides to enter the second hallway to his right. There’s eight rooms in this hallway. Plenty for him to see if he can find an exit. He sighs, glancing at the rooms.

He starts with the second room in the hallway. The first room’s door is slightly agape. He’s almost certain someone’s been there.

He grabs the doorknob, twisting it. He pushes the door just enough for him to squeeze through. It’s oddly empty. Besides the walls painted in a bright summer yellow, there’s not much. He notices eight stuffed animals - specifically teddy bears. Each of them is a different size or different type. It’s like a miniature stuffed animal collection.

He smiles softly. It’s childish for a haunted house. As he explores the room he notices a ninth teddy bear. The teddy bear is the smallest out of the bunch. It’s a dark brown and it seems to be meant for toddlers.

There’s nothing else for him to explore in that room. He couldn’t find anything extraordinary. He decides to leave the room. He escapes the room and ventures back into the hallway. Up to the fifth room, they’ve all been entered by someone.

Just before he’s able to grab the doorknob. Something taps his shoulder.
He decides to ignore it, grabbing the doorknob and twisting. But the taps continue. It’s in a pattern too.

He takes a deep breath.

His heart pounds inside his chest. He’s scared to look behind him.

He turns around a little bit at a time.

A cynical smile meets him.

“It’s a little too late to be exploring this house don’t you think?”
Last edited by Assassinator on December 19th, 2020, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Assassinator for the post:
LittleMissNyan (April 18th, 2021, 11:28 am)
mogus
Fyren

Post by Fyren »

I did a shift of +11 on the note and I ended up getting IT FEELS IKE SUMMER FOR MEEVEN THOUGH WE'RE IN DECEMBER. I don't know if this is the correct solution due to the misspellings and the spacing between me and even, but it could be.
Also, the reoccurring theme of yellow, childishness, and stuffed animals/teddy bears is interesting. I don't know who this could apply to, though. Maybe Pika due to the yellow? It's about time we began cracking down on ID and tried to figure out who the sassy is since we don't have many clues left.
Last edited by Fyren on December 19th, 2020, 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
VENI, VIDI, VICI.
SilverBreeze
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Post by SilverBreeze »

The lack of Reaper when they find IHateClouds could be hinting at IHateClouds being a sassy?

My blind guesses are EwwPhysics and IHateClouds because of easy clues and narrative hints regarding Reapers. Any Scythe fans here? I don't know anything about their respective writing styles, though. I think it's time for some accusations.
Troy SciOly 2019 - 2023
Captain 2021-2023
Former Events: Ecology, Water Quality, Green Gen, Ornithology, Forestry, Disease Detectives, Forensics, Chem Lab, Env Chem, Sounds, Dynamic Planet, Crime Busters, Potions & Poisons, Exp Design, Towers, Mystery Arch, Reach for the Stars, Mission Possible
Fyren

Post by Fyren »

SilverBreeze wrote: December 20th, 2020, 6:53 pm The lack of Reaper when they find IHateClouds could be hinting at IHateClouds being a sassy?

My blind guesses are EwwPhysics and IHateClouds because of easy clues and narrative hints regarding Reapers. Any Scythe fans here? I don't know anything about their respective writing styles, though. I think it's time for some accusations.
I don't really think that IHateClouds could be the reaper since she haven't posted in ages. I haven't seen her much on the Discord server either. EwwPhysics is more likely, but if we're going on the basis that IHateClouds isn't a sassy and the lack of a reaper in that clue means nothing, then I don't really know if it's her either. I'll edit with more ID, but so far we have the reoccurring themes of yellow, childishness, and teddy bears as well as the reaper's writing style/language.
EDITS: The sassy probably does Codebusters due to the post in the corresponding question marathon. I'd also think that they like CS since they know what an Arduino is (apparently an open-source hardware/software company) and want one because of their post in TPBM. I believe the reaper mentioned that they are close to Booknerd too.
Last edited by Fyren on December 20th, 2020, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VENI, VIDI, VICI.
k1208438
Division: B
State: TX

Post by k1208438 »

got a 92 on my math finals :)

Return to “Assassinator Games”