Scioly Assassination 154: Music To My Ears

AstroClarinet
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Scioly Assassination 154: Music To My Ears

Post by AstroClarinet »

twoplustwoisten wrote: January 20th, 2021, 8:29 am Vigenere key of 'anyone' decodes Iyjwasif Jclelgw. into Illinois Loyalty
I protect Nydauron as Illinois Loyalty's apparently a song associated with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, which he attends.
AstroClarinet's Userpage
Nats: Remote sensing 3rd 2x, Astronomy 6th, Cell Bio 3rd
 Astro, Genes, Water, DigiStructures, Solar System, Boomi, Density, Eco, Optics, Towers, Microbe, Mission Possible
MorningCoffee
Division: C
State: PA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by MorningCoffee »

I second the protection of Nydauron
Events 2023-2024:
uhh we'll find out let me apply to college first

orch dork forever
hot chocolate is best drink c:
BennyTheJett
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by BennyTheJett »

I accuse Fyren because of being in IL, knowing Lizzy, Being a "secret keeper", and referring to herself as "I" when talking about it. She is also a fire bird, so the clue can go 2 ways. Also the way these clues are written and the details put into them just puts me down that path. Feel free to not second because I'm not 100 percent, but we have points, so we might as well use them.

EDIT: Fixing Formatting.
Last edited by BennyTheJett on January 20th, 2021, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author BennyTheJett for the post (total 3):
MorningCoffee (January 20th, 2021, 12:37 pm) • agneg05 (January 20th, 2021, 12:48 pm) • AstroClarinet (January 20th, 2021, 1:19 pm)
Menomonie '21 UW-Platteville '25

Division D and proud. If you want a Geology tutor hmu.
hippo9
State: IN

Post by hippo9 »

BennyTheJett wrote: January 20th, 2021, 12:12 pm I accuse Fyren because of being in IL, knowing Lizzy, Being a "secret keeper", and referring to herself as "I" when talking about it. She is also a fire bird, so the clue can go 2 ways. Also the way these clues are written and the details put into them just puts me down that path. Feel free to not second because I'm not 100 percent, but we have points, so we might as well use them.

EDIT: Fixing Formatting.
Sounds like logic.
I second the accusation, or if that's not how this format works:
I accuse Fyren for Benny's reasoning.
2018: Battery Buggy, Road Scholar, Roller Coaster
2019: Chem Lab, Code, Disease, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds
2020 and 2021: Astro, Chem Lab, Code, Fossils, Geo Maps, Sounds

When you miss nats twice by a combined two points :|
Fyren

Post by Fyren »

Well... this game was shorter than expected.
In all seriousness though, thank you for playing the game. I wish I could have posted more of my clues so that this would have the ending I wanted it to have, but I suppose we can't get everything in life. Nevertheless, I enjoyed being the assasinator very much even if it wasn't for long and I hope you all enjoyed playing this game with me. Feel free to leave any constructive criticism as it would be greatly appreciated. :D
Last edited by Fyren on January 20th, 2021, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Fyren for the post (total 2):
AstroClarinet (January 20th, 2021, 1:22 pm) • sciolyperson1 (January 20th, 2021, 4:00 pm)
VENI, VIDI, VICI.
Fyren

Post by Fyren »

[CLUE ONE SOLUTION]

Target: Torchic

Kill Clue: Sheet music is just a baconian with different pitches of the notes A and B. The rests are spaces between each set. The plaintext reads out fire type number two hundred and fifty five as a reference towards the Pokemon Torchic.

ID Clues: Nothing incredibly obvious in the story itself this time, but other hints include the Harry Potter reference, the whole musical theme, my writing style (I suppose), and the little duckling drawing (I draw my little stuffed duckling Lucky a lot). The signature is a lyric from OneRepublic's Counting Stars, hinting at how I do Astronomy. The flying bit also hints at my avatar being a phoenix. As for the piece, the NOT ME hints to how I'm commonly mistaken as Torchic since we are fairly similar and the sacrilegious boi hints to me being a casual fan of TwoSet.

Ciphertext in letters: AABAB ABAAA BAAAA AABAA BAABA BABBA ABBBA AABAA ABBAA BAABB ABABB AAAAB AABAA BAAAA BAABA BABAA ABBAB AABBB BAABB ABBAA AAABB BAAAA AABAA AAABB AAAAA ABBAA AAABB AABAB ABAAA AABAB BAABA BABBA AABAB ABAAA BAABB AABAA
VENI, VIDI, VICI.
Fyren

Post by Fyren »

[CLUE TWO SOLUTION]

Target: IHateClouds

Kill Clue: The piece is the piano version of Panic! At The Disco's King of the Clouds, hinting towards IHateClouds.

ID Clue: The signature is part of a link to a YouTube video about physics. For those of you who don't know, I really enjoy physics and want to become either an astrophysicst or a nuclear physicst. Also, I listen to Panic! At The Disco a lot and I have said that Danse Macabre is one of my favorite pieces. (The fire theme begins to kick in here, too.) There are probably smaller ID clues I forgot to put in here, but whatever.

Sassy's Note: I almost ended up not being able to do an audio clue, but thankfully I found a good instrumental that was free and not copyrighted as well as a good site to share it on. I obviously don't have enough time to compose it myself, so I took the audio from someone else's. The original score can be found here.
VENI, VIDI, VICI.
Fyren

Post by Fyren »

[CLUE THREE SOLUTION]

Target: Nydauron

Kill Clue: Vigenere ciphertext (key is anyone) decodes to Illinois Loyalty, the name of one of UIUC's fight songs. It relates to Nydauron because he attends UIUC as of now.

ID Clue: I like fashion :> (and it was a nice shirt ngl)
VENI, VIDI, VICI.
Fyren

Post by Fyren »

Oh, and the next assasinator has been chosen.
VENI, VIDI, VICI.
MorningCoffee
State: PA

Post by MorningCoffee »

This was so much fun! It was especially interesting since I take a music theory class, so I honestly wish it was a bit longer. Can't wait for the next one! :D
Events 2023-2024:
uhh we'll find out let me apply to college first

orch dork forever
hot chocolate is best drink c:

Return to “Assassinator Games”