Scioly Assassination 55: The Cup of Death

Jocool
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Assassination 55: The Cup of Death

Post by Jocool » June 26th, 2010, 6:24 pm

robodude wrote:Hm. Intresting idea. Prersonally I think that the rules have been changed too much, and the whole "pick a team" thing is too complicated. If you're going to do something special, keep it simple.

But then again, I'm not that into Soccer, so w/e. I'm not that upset thy I'll be missing this round, not because of the rule changes, but like I said, I'm not a soccer feak.

Good luck everyone, I hope it's fun! :D
u can be informant if u want, but i honestly think that this post kinda implies that ur not going to play.
Go to Jocool's Userpage for my results.

Halo Series Fan
Male.
Assassinator #22.
C.P. Weber Scioly Team Rule #42: BLAME TEAM 3

Squanto
State: ME

Post by Squanto » June 26th, 2010, 6:35 pm

That plus the 3 posts in 54 where he said he wouldn't be able to play...
Squanto gives you corn, you give Squanto bones.

winneratlife
Division: Grad
State: MI

Post by winneratlife » June 27th, 2010, 9:16 am

Soz I haven't been on since Wednesday, had lots of irl stuff to do (although by the look of things, nothing's happened)

I'm an informant anyways, so I guess it doesn't matter.

By the way, if groups is "half" right, it has to go to the pad, seeing as the text has countries that DNQ
Which translates the pad to ABDEGFBCAG

Random, how did you choose to take out 110111011 from the self clue? It seems so arbitrary.

RandomPerson
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: IN

Post by RandomPerson » June 27th, 2010, 9:30 am

winneratlife wrote:Soz I haven't been on since Wednesday, had lots of irl stuff to do (although by the look of things, nothing's happened)

I'm an informant anyways, so I guess it doesn't matter.

By the way, if groups is "half" right, it has to go to the pad, seeing as the text has countries that DNQ
Which translates the pad to ABDEGFBCAG

Random, how did you choose to take out 110111011 from the self clue? It seems so arbitrary.
It was a somewhat arbitrary hunch I took that turned out to be right, its a little hard to see because the forum doesn't show the links in full
Here's the link, broken on purpose to show the whole thing:

http://img110111011 .imageshack.us/content_round.php? page=done&l=img110111011/11011101111100101000/bobv.png
There are 2 binary numbers I converted:
110111011 = 443
11011101111100101000 = 909096

I uploaded my own picture for reference
http://img822 .imageshack.us/content_round.php? page=done&l=img822/9061/oldavatar.gif&via=mupload

When reinserted, the 443 looked and acted correctly, the 909096 did not however. It is several decimal places larger than it should've been.
So I looked at it in binary again:
11011101111100101000 <- really long
and look what's at the left side:
110111011 <-the other number.

So I got rid of the red to shorten it, retranslated the blue, and reinserted that to get the link:
http://img443 .imageshack.us/content_round.php? page=done&l=img443/1832/bobv.png

Which gave us that vague green flagged shaped image.

tldr: one of the numbers was too long, and had an extra '110111011' (which was the other binary number) at the beginning of it, taking that out just happened to format the link
A new era has begun

fmtiger124

Post by fmtiger124 » June 27th, 2010, 11:33 am

So, I haven't had any time to work on this clue....luckily the deadline is tomorrow and I should have time then. Also I might get a 3rd accusation today...

EDIT: I now have 3 accusations at my disposal

RandomPerson
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: IN

Post by RandomPerson » June 27th, 2010, 3:40 pm

fmtiger124 wrote:So, I haven't had any time to work on this clue....luckily the deadline is tomorrow and I should have time then. Also I might get a 3rd accusation today...

EDIT: I now have 3 accusations at my disposal
Don't even think about it.
A new era has begun

brobo
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX

Post by brobo » June 28th, 2010, 7:20 am

After carefully examining the self clue, I have finally reached the conclusion that _I_ am the assassinator. When running the text "bobv" through a cryptogram solver, you get two words that really stand out: dude and oboe. You also get things like "eyes", "bobs", "bibs", "baby", and many other things. So, in summery, I don't think that the solution is a simple cryptogram.

Some other things that I've found: I've tried just about every cipher on http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/ with no results. I think that "bobv" is a cipher of some sort, however, since you have the option to name your picture. Why would you name a picture something like "bobv"? But I also think that the picture itself has something to do with it, since it was so well hidden, while the name itself was not. The color is "Pastel Green", HTML color code #00ff00. I have tried "Pastel" as the key, but I will also try some other things.

This is a pretty good clue....
Image--Texas!

brobo's Userpage

"Let's put all our differences behind us, for science. You monster."

Ubuntu is awesome.

fmtiger124

Post by fmtiger124 » June 28th, 2010, 7:31 am

I messed with the kill clue quite a bit, I moved things around...arranged the countries in the way zzyzyva had them...I think it's quite obvious that you guys overcomplicated it from the get-go but I didn't really find anything

brobo
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX

Post by brobo » June 28th, 2010, 7:42 am

Another word I found was "AJAX", but since the letter pattern "abac" seems to be pretty popular, I doubt that it means anything.

What I find really strange is that, if in fact "bobv" is the cipher, then why is the key (assumed to be "pastel", "green", or "pastel green") longer? Usually the key is shorter... I'm really stumped on this one. Kuddos to RandomPerson on getting that far, but idk what to do next.

EDIT: It could refer to the flag of Liba, although that is a different shade of green... :?

EDIT2: A quick color analysis shows that there is only one unique color... so there's nothing special that you need to do to this picture.

EDIT3: Also, something that I ran across this yesterday, and I took a screenshot of it...
Kinda odd... This is the site that I use for all the ciphers that I make/decode.
Image--Texas!

brobo's Userpage

"Let's put all our differences behind us, for science. You monster."

Ubuntu is awesome.

croman74
State: MI

Post by croman74 » June 28th, 2010, 10:29 am

So I haven't had luck with the clue, but i now have 3 accusations. Thank you Netherlands! also, when is the deadline? i don't have time to check at the moment.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson

Return to “Assassinator Games”