Scioly Assassination 157: You Are Cordially Invited

Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Scioly Assassination 157: You Are Cordially Invited

Post by Assassinator »

<<you see an inn, faintly glowing amidst the rain. perhaps it will provide shelter from the pouring rain. you enter the inn, and are greeted by a man behind the bar. the rest of the building is empty, except for furniture>>
* Good evening, fair traveler! What might your name be? *
<<you tell the innkeeper your name>>
* Oh! I have a letter for you, it just arrived. From the old castle up the hill, too.
<<you ask why the castle is worth remarking upon>>
* Well, everyone says it's haunted by vengeful spirits. . . But that's just a tale for silly old people. *
<<slightly alarmed, but not overly cautious, you accept the letter and read it>>

“Greetings on this day, the 21st of June, in the year 2021: being the first after bissextile, and until the 6th of February, the 70th year of the reign of her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second.

You are cordially invited to a formal high tea, in honor of the entire Scioly.org Staff, collectively. Be prepared for death, in your best evening-wear, of course!”

* Well? What does it say? Who is it from? *
<<you pay the nosy old innkeeper no attention, and go to find the mysterious castle>>

~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~

<<realizing your mistake, you poke your head back in and ask the grizzled old man where to find the castle>>

YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR FIRST CLUE SOON. BE CAUTIOUS
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Re: Scioly Assassination 157: You Are Cordially Invited

Post by Assassinator »

RULES
1. Anyone may protect or accuse, but only a total of three protects per clue will be allowed.
2. One cannot both protect and accuse/second on the same clue. Changes and redactions will be allowed. There may only be one accusation per clue.
3. If one accuses incorrectly, the one who has been accused will die of not-surprise (throwback to the previous game).
4. If one accuses another of assuming one of the roles Assassinator, one must have a second to back up the accusation. If an accusation is not seconded, it will not be counted.
5. Each clue will last from forty-eight to ninety-six hours, after which the target(s) will either die or be miraculously saved.
6. One may not post when one is dead, unless a party for one who is dead (ghost party) occurs, during which kill clues shall not be discussed and the identity of the Assassinator(s) shall not be pondered upon.
7. Clues will be provided by the Assassinator(s) that point towards the next victim(s), and sometimes contain clues pertaining to the Assassinator(s)' identities.
8. The Assassinator(s) win after fourteen clues and/or seven kills unless one has correctly identified the Assassinator(s).
9. The one who chose the Assassinator(s) and those who assumed the role of Assassinator in the game previous are not allowed to identify the current Assassinator(s). However, they may assist in the attempt to identify the target(s).
10. The Assassinator(s) reserve the right to change the rules at any time, if needed. If a clarification is necessary, please inquire.
mogus
AstroClarinet
Division: C
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by AstroClarinet »

interesting
AstroClarinet's Userpage
Nats: Remote sensing 3rd 2x, Astronomy 6th, Cell Bio 3rd
 Astro, Genes, Water, DigiStructures, Solar System, Boomi, Density, Eco, Optics, Towers, Microbe, Mission Possible
twoplustwoisten
State: ID

Post by twoplustwoisten »

HELLO SASSY HI EVERYONE A SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO FYREN FOR LETTING ME KNOW THAT A NEW GAME IS ONNNNN

adhering to the general style of the weird writing thingy that just happened:
*skids around the corner and slams into the wall because i was running too fast*

wait why are the numbers weird is this the FIRST CLUE ALREADY?? yyay
Last edited by twoplustwoisten on June 22nd, 2021, 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author twoplustwoisten for the post:
LittleMissNyan (June 26th, 2021, 1:09 pm)
********************__
*******************/ _)
*********_.-------._/ /
*******/--------------/
****__/ (**|------(**|
___/__.-'|_|_____|_|
Fyren
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by Fyren »

twoplustwoisten wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 8:12 pm HELLO SASSY HI EVERYONE A SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO FYREN FOR LETTING ME KNOW THAT A NEW GAME IS ONNNNN

*skids around the corner and slams into the wall because i was running too fast*

I said I wanted a SECRET entrance, Two...
Anyways, the sassy's writing style gives me a lot of D&D/roleplay vibes. They also seem to reference British culture and talk in that sort of style so I'm suspicious of Two. 31111111489611114711 is what you get when you put all the bolded numbers together. I'll just lurk around quietly now...>.>
VENI, VIDI, VICI.
twoplustwoisten
State: ID

Post by twoplustwoisten »

Fyren wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 9:26 am
twoplustwoisten wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 8:12 pm HELLO SASSY HI EVERYONE A SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO FYREN FOR LETTING ME KNOW THAT A NEW GAME IS ONNNNN

I said I wanted a SECRET entrance, Two...
Anyways, the sassy's writing style gives me a lot of D&D/roleplay vibes. They also seem to reference British culture and talk in that sort of style so I'm suspicious of Two. 31111111489611114711 is what you get when you put all the bolded numbers together. I'll just lurk around quietly now...>.>
sowwy Fy owo

fun history?/social studies?/culture? lesson, formal high tea isn't even the thing sassy means probably! high tea is basically what workers had after getting off their work so it was a meal with tea. it's called "high" tea because you sat at higher chairs or smth! the afternoon tea is the fancy one, for like sandwiches and scones and basically a nice lil snacktime. sassy also (apparently) doesn't realise how to spell :P have fun with your lurking >_>

also i think in scotland's high tea it's a bri'ish afternoon tea, but with some hot food to go with the dainty stuff but don't quote me llol

this ramble brought to you by that one afternoon where i was learning about dyes because of ink and then got distracted by the green fabric you could make with matcha and then i wandered to different types of teas and now this absolute mess is here for your perusal pls enjoy :)
********************__
*******************/ _)
*********_.-------._/ /
*******/--------------/
****__/ (**|------(**|
___/__.-'|_|_____|_|
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

GREETINGS, TRAVELERS. WELCOME TO THE PARTY! HERE, HAVE A PIECE OF PAPER, I’M SURE YOU’LL FIGURE OUT SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT.

everyone knows that the first thing to do in an emergency is
Be alert and figure out what the emergency is. Then you
Must remain calm.
go through the exit. If a properly marked exit is not available to you, break a ground floor window and jump out.
Recorded messages may play over any sound system the building has. Listen to them, they may tell you which way an exit is.
be careful jumping out higher windows, look at the ground to see where you will land.
the concrete or asphalt in a city could break one or more of your bones.
If you look both
ways when crossing streets to escape an emergency, you have a much higher chance of survival.
3 times out of 4, vehicle-related deaths are caused by being unaware of your surroundings.
go only after you know it’s safe

DELETED SCENE/BONUS STORY

Regulus sighed as he watched through a window, seeing the traveler run away. It was very lonely in his tavern, and he wanted to share time with another human. He even had this new calendula blend that would have been fun to share. There was always the chance that this traveler would stop by again, after returning from the castle. That is, if they returned at all.
mogus
AstroClarinet

Post by AstroClarinet »

Assassinator wrote: June 24th, 2021, 7:30 pm GREETINGS, TRAVELERS. WELCOME TO THE PARTY! HERE, HAVE A PIECE OF PAPER, I’M SURE YOU’LL FIGURE OUT SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT.

everyone knows that the first thing to do in an emergency is
Be alert and figure out what the emergency is. Then you
Must remain calm.
go through the exit. If a properly marked exit is not available to you, break a ground floor window and jump out.
Recorded messages may play over any sound system the building has. Listen to them, they may tell you which way an exit is.
be careful jumping out higher windows, look at the ground to see where you will land.
the concrete or asphalt in a city could break one or more of your bones.
If you look both
ways when crossing streets to escape an emergency, you have a much higher chance of survival.
3 times out of 4, vehicle-related deaths are caused by being unaware of your surroundings.
go only after you know it’s safe

DELETED SCENE/BONUS STORY

Regulus sighed as he watched through a window, seeing the traveler run away. It was very lonely in his tavern, and he wanted to share time with another human. He even had this new calendula blend that would have been fun to share. There was always the chance that this traveler would stop by again, after returning from the castle. That is, if they returned at all.
The youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBMgRbtIw3g (eBMgRbtIw3g is the 1st letter of each line) leads to the call of the Ruby-Crowned Kinglet (Regulus calendula)

I protect sciolyperson1
AstroClarinet's Userpage
Nats: Remote sensing 3rd 2x, Astronomy 6th, Cell Bio 3rd
 Astro, Genes, Water, DigiStructures, Solar System, Boomi, Density, Eco, Optics, Towers, Microbe, Mission Possible
Pebble
Division: B
State: MD

Post by Pebble »

I would second, but it's not needed(I think). Also, Regulus is the guy in the tavern, right? I don't think it's directly stated.
Last edited by Pebble on June 25th, 2021, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ok
LittleMissNyan
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by LittleMissNyan »

*bashes door down*
EY I'M LATE I DIDN'T CHECK MY MAIL WAS TOO OCCUPIED DEALING WITH MY STUPID PUFFED UP MOUTH BUT I CAN ACTUALLY EAT THINGS NORMALLY NOW LET'S GO

Also google search for Regulus returns a star and a saint by that name but I'm probably already overthinking this and it's just a name haha suspicions with no evidence go brrr
Last edited by LittleMissNyan on June 26th, 2021, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sassies 146 and 160 🥖 🔪
Eagle Scout
bUiLdEr cULt

Return to “Assassinator Games”