Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Assassination 73: Gunfight at the S.O. Corral

Post by prelude to death » May 25th, 2011, 6:51 pm

(Assuming that I'm allowed to post now....) I PMed Littleboy and I was basically saying everything I wanted to post after my death in PMs to him, and in one of them (*ahem!) I mentioned that I thought the sassy was someone who was going on vacation soon, and I said to him: All I know are grads, sweetcoop, and Z. Then he told me that he didn't think it was any of them, so we dropped the subject and discussed other possible suspects. (I feel really stupid now.... XP)
"I like a quiet life, you know me."

Littleboy
State: MI

Post by Littleboy » May 25th, 2011, 6:55 pm

I got the forth clue right…?

Littleboy
State: MI

Post by Littleboy » May 25th, 2011, 6:59 pm

prelude to death wrote:(Assuming that I'm allowed to post now....) I PMed Littleboy and I was basically saying everything I wanted to post after my death in PMs to him, and in one of them (*ahem!) I mentioned that I thought the sassy was someone who was going on vacation soon, and I said to him: All I know are grads, sweetcoop, and Z. Then he told me that he didn't think it was any of them, so we dropped the subject and discussed other possible suspects. (I feel really stupid now.... XP)
Oh i had big long discussions about z with fmm too
and i believe i mentioned that stuff

zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: IA

Post by zyzzyva980 » May 25th, 2011, 7:14 pm

Clues 8-15 and How it Ended:
Putting twelve accusations in my sig for littleboy was an accidental typo that I caught, but decided to keep to make me look inept. Worked, didn't it?

It was around this time, with zero kills out of seven, that I realized that I could actually win the game. Call me crazy, but I went right for the throat with my next clue.

Clue 8: I was a bit surprised you didn't get this. The city of Winnipeg in Canada was founded in whatever year was in the clue, and Winnie the Pooh came from Winnipeg. Huh. But I was fine that no one got it, I had my first kill.

Apologies for being uncreative, prelude. Gunfights rarely end in creative deaths.

Clue 9: After a bit of encouragement, I guess you got it. It was really close though, I was actually logging on to post the kill because I didn't think Idaho would be able to make the save in time, but he did. Curses!

Oh, nice protection fails by the way Idaho.

My posting times were a bit messed up from what I usually work with, and it's what really saved me in this game. I was able to do a bit of negotiating and had access to a computer on Tuesday afternoons so I could post, and I was able to use a computer in my fifth hour class to post, which I had never done before.

Clue 10 and 11: The only clue you protected the right victim on for the wrong reasons (except maybe the red herring one). I was kinda disappointed by this, so I basically did the exact same clue for number 11. You guys still didn't solve it. In world war II, the 90th Bombardment Group (which contained the 319th Bombardment Squadron) was known as the Jolly Rogers. See Koko's avatar.

I don't think killing Koko was a loophole by any means. I explicitly stated that officers at nats were fair game, and you should've been prepared for that. Koko, I really only killed you because you didn't medal :P .

Clue 12: You got it.

A bit earlier, I realized that I was going to run out of time for the game, hence the shortening for each clue. I was going to try to squeak it in, but I didn't know if I'd be able to. I decided to give you all fair warning that the game would end soon, and since I had not heard my name thrown out yet, I called for a draw if neither side won.

Clue 13: Got it. (I was desperately trying to come up with some sort of number clue at this point)

Clue 14: Got it.

Clue 15: Every time you see a number with five digits, what do you do? Look up the zip code. I didn't want that happening, so I threw in a random space. And what's pi z backwards? zip. Kind of a red herring there.

Now the ending: I went back to classic assassinator and set a deadline. I didn't expect all four remaining accusations to be used, but doggone it, I was gonna try. And with the pi identity clue, you suddenly went off on all sorts of tangents (in retrospect, maybe not the best clue, but we've seen much MUCH worse.) And I proceeded to wait. And wait. And wait some more, tensely, nervously. I heard my name thrown out, and fought back. And then, this moment:

[19:45:30] <Littleboy> z how'd you like to be the next sassy?

*Spit-take*

(sorry for sharing this, littleboy, but it really helps in the game's description)
Sassy lesson 101: Don't get overconfident. You never know if the person you're talking to really is or isn't the sassy.

It comes down to 7:55 my time, and I'm preparing a post that explains the draw, when suddenly, I refresh the page, and up comes haverstall's accusation. And I have to look again to see if that really just happened.

Well, the next sassy has been chosen, hopefully one that lasts long enough so I can get in on the game after that, when I'm done with my vacation. It's been fun. I thank EFO for the opportunity. I never expected it to last this long.

And with that, I ride off into the sunset. The perfect end to a western.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter

IdahoSciGuy
State: ID

Post by IdahoSciGuy » May 25th, 2011, 7:22 pm

/dies

ZIP CODE!?'!?!?

How did I not see that......
Actually, if you don't mind, it's just the doctor. - Doctor Who.

Board of Directors
Idaho Science Olympiad

FullMetalMaple
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: KS

Post by FullMetalMaple » May 25th, 2011, 7:25 pm

Ahaha. I figured. That's why I had a gut instinct all along that it was Z...

Plus, it makes sense that Genius would cover him.

zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: IA

Post by zyzzyva980 » May 25th, 2011, 7:50 pm

Oh, he wasn't covering. He didn't know at all.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter

FullMetalMaple
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by FullMetalMaple » May 25th, 2011, 7:54 pm

Therefore making his earlier remarks completely hilarious...

Anyway, great game, Z. (: I wish I could have been around to see the grand finale.

TheGenius

Post by TheGenius » May 25th, 2011, 9:42 pm

FullMetalMaple wrote:Therefore making his earlier remarks completely hilarious...
Why thank you.

But actually getting accused makes up for it.
Any opinions expressed by TheGenius are those of individual brain cells and not necessarily those of the brain as a whole. Use information provided at your own risk.
152sQFbSTLEmeLiqUEWxmrEDpdiWKGvXJD

brobo
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX

Post by brobo » May 26th, 2011, 4:39 am

Congratulationz.see what I did there? Nice game, heavily Texan themed...
Image--Texas!

brobo's Userpage

"Let's put all our differences behind us, for science. You monster."

Ubuntu is awesome.

Return to “Assassinator Games”