quizbowl
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Assassination 74: Dead Island

Post by quizbowl » May 29th, 2011, 4:03 pm

mingtian wrote:
ophiophagus wrote:I'm thinking littleboy could be the sassy here because his posts and the sassy's happen to be close together (he posted that he missed this game a minute after the sassy posted the list of officers). Also, with this clue, he thought August was the 7th month and if the sassy thought the same thing, he is very likely the sassy. If you don't want to waste an accusation on this one, just don't protect littleboy. If he is indeed the target and also the sassy, its game over as the sassy will have killed himself. This is all just speculation though...
No, Littleboy always posts near the sassy. Look at last game and 2 games ago. Most of his posts were either the same minute or 1 minute after the sassy posted. Sometimes they were sandwiched together within a 3 minute period.
He's dead O.o
2010: 5th in NYS
2011: 4th in NYS
2012: 3rd in NYS
<quizbowl> ey kid ya want some shortbread
<EASTstroudsburg13> I don't know why, but I just can't bring myself to delete this post.

Littleboy
Division: C
State: MI

Post by Littleboy » May 29th, 2011, 4:03 pm

hey its not my fault i am always on
and post close to the sassy
*goes back to his crappy grave*

space scientist
State: TX

Post by space scientist » May 30th, 2011, 7:25 am

Assassinator wrote:That was embarrassing.

Here is your next clue:
In Northern Michigan I claim my realm,
My history was such you could not tell.
For what once was a fixture staple,
I am now capable
Of much more.
Crawl into your cave, you're just a bot.
It's not about why, it's about why not.
I have an idea about the clue. It could refer to the Bear Cave in Michigan (targets bearasauras). People have figured out how it is formed, but it would be impossible to know exactly when and how it was formed (people can only estimate the time that it was formed at), and it fits with the third line since the Bear Cave is important by being the only cave in the Great Lakes Area. In addition, the words cave and fixture are in bold (could mean that they are important) while the Bear Cave is both a fixture and a cave. The main problem with this solution is that the Bear Cave is near Buchanan, a town in Southern Michigan. In addition, I am not certain that bearasauras has ever posted in the assassination games (bearasauras deletes some of his/her posts).
"The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion." John Lawton
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it." William Arthur Ward

Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: MN

Post by Luo » May 30th, 2011, 1:19 pm

I'd like to point out something in regard to this post by the sassy. Very few people on this site use that style of correcting someone's previous post and typing a single sentence of "fixed" afterward. The only people who have used that style are mingtian, Littleboy, Kokonilly, TheGenius, winneratlife, and RandomPerson. Of those people, the only ones whose correction styles are exactly the same (bolding, capitalization, accompanying sentence) are Kokonilly, TheGenius, and winneratlife.

Thus:
The primary suspects are Kokonilly, TheGenius, and winneratlife.
The secondary suspects are mingtian, Littleboy, and RandomPerson.

I think it would be prudent for, right now, one of you to accuse Kokonilly, one of you to accuse TheGenius, and one of you to accuse winneratlife. If that happens, I believe it is highly probable that the game will be over immediately. I apologize in advance if my suspicions are misguided.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/

space scientist

Post by space scientist » May 30th, 2011, 1:40 pm

Luo wrote:I'd like to point out something in regard to this post by the sassy. Very few people on this site use that style of correcting someone's previous post and typing a single sentence of "fixed" afterward. The only people who have used that style are mingtian, Littleboy, Kokonilly, TheGenius, winneratlife, and RandomPerson. Of those people, the only ones whose correction styles are exactly the same (bolding, capitalization, accompanying sentence) are Kokonilly, TheGenius, and winneratlife.

Thus:

I think it would be prudent for, right now, one of you to accuse Kokonilly, one of you to accuse TheGenius, and one of you to accuse winneratlife. If that happens, I believe it is highly probable that the game will be over immediately. I apologize in advance if my suspicions are misguided.
It is best to accuse after the first identity clue has been posted since that can be used to prove or disprove somebody's suspicions. Besides, anybody could have made the correction in that style. In other words, there is nothing to confirm your suspicion.
"The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion." John Lawton
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it." William Arthur Ward

Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: MN

Post by Luo » May 30th, 2011, 1:46 pm

space scientist wrote:It is best to accuse after the first identity clue has been posted since that can be used to prove or disprove somebody's suspicions. Besides, anybody could have made the correction in that style. In other words, there is nothing to confirm your suspicion.
In general, identity clues come at unreliable intervals and are vague at best, so waiting for a clear one could cause the game to drag on forever. And yes, there's nothing to confirm my suspicion, that's why it's just a suspicion. But often in these Assassinator games, acting on suspicions is the only way to make progress.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/

fmtiger124
State: NY

Post by fmtiger124 » May 30th, 2011, 1:55 pm

Luo wrote:
space scientist wrote:It is best to accuse after the first identity clue has been posted since that can be used to prove or disprove somebody's suspicions. Besides, anybody could have made the correction in that style. In other words, there is nothing to confirm your suspicion.
In general, identity clues come at unreliable intervals and are vague at best, so waiting for a clear one could cause the game to drag on forever. And yes, there's nothing to confirm my suspicion, that's why it's just a suspicion. But often in these Assassinator games, acting on suspicions is the only way to make progress.
Identity clues are generally unsolvable....you don't want to do what I did for my second game and make it really easy to solve. The only time that I could see a sassy give a reasonably easy one would be if the officers were down to maybe 1-2 accusations (which generally, as you get later into the game, the ID clues should get easier).

brobo
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by brobo » May 30th, 2011, 2:18 pm

fmtiger124 wrote:
Luo wrote:
Identity clues are generally unsolvable....you don't want to do what I did for my second game and make it really easy to solve. The only time that I could see a sassy give a reasonably easy one would be if the officers were down to maybe 1-2 accusations (which generally, as you get later into the game, the ID clues should get easier).
99% of the time my identity clues build on one another. There's a billion and one ways to make identity clues, the most we can do is come up with more suspicions, but the ONLY way to be 100% sure is to accuse. Heck, one time paradox's identity clues was "hangfromthefloor", and everyone jumped and accused hangy, and we were all wrong.
Image--Texas!

brobo's Userpage

"Let's put all our differences behind us, for science. You monster."

Ubuntu is awesome.

prelude to death
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by prelude to death » May 30th, 2011, 3:07 pm

Luo wrote:<snip>
Thus:

Isn't Littleboy dead? (So, technically, he can't be the sassy, right?)
"I like a quiet life, you know me."

TheGenius
State: KS

Post by TheGenius » May 30th, 2011, 4:38 pm

Luo wrote:I'd like to point out something in regard to this post by the sassy. Very few people on this site use that style of correcting someone's previous post and typing a single sentence of "fixed" afterward. The only people who have used that style are mingtian, Littleboy, Kokonilly, TheGenius, winneratlife, and RandomPerson. Of those people, the only ones whose correction styles are exactly the same (bolding, capitalization, accompanying sentence) are Kokonilly, TheGenius, and winneratlife.

Thus:

How the heck have I ended on suspect lists for three games in a row? I haven't even been an officer. Anyways, the only time I "fix" things is when someone else "fixes" my post. Also, your list does not appear to contain people who use "fix'd".
Any opinions expressed by TheGenius are those of individual brain cells and not necessarily those of the brain as a whole. Use information provided at your own risk.
152sQFbSTLEmeLiqUEWxmrEDpdiWKGvXJD

Return to “Assassinator Games”