Scioly Assassination 76: Blue Sands

space scientist
Division: C
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Assassination 76: Blue Sands

Post by space scientist »

There are several things that this clue could refer to. It could refer to Troy University (unlikely since nobody active in the assassination games is from Alabama), Troy Academy (possible since there is a troy academy in New York, but there are multiple people active in the assassination games from New York), or Troy School (possible since it could refer to Troy High School or another Troy School).

Troy High School seems like it is the most likely what the clue refers to. Does anybody else have ideas about the clue?
"The irony of the Information Age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion." John Lawton
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it." William Arthur Ward
mingtian
Division: C
State: PA

Post by mingtian »

Well as thegenius said, university is a synonym for institution so I searched troy university and got:

Troy University
www.troy.edu/
Troy University is a public institution comprised of a network of campuses throughout Alabama and Worldwide. International in scope, Troy University ...

So it's in Alabama. I'm thinking aubrey.
TheGenius
Division: Grad
State: KS

Post by TheGenius »

amerikestrel said university was a synonym for insititution, not me, as well as mentioning Troy University. As for aubrey, would the assassinator really target somebody who hasn't been online for almost three months?
Any opinions expressed by TheGenius are those of individual brain cells and not necessarily those of the brain as a whole. Use information provided at your own risk.
152sQFbSTLEmeLiqUEWxmrEDpdiWKGvXJD

mnstrviola
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
State: CA

Post by mnstrviola »

Assassinator wrote:And that wraps it up. The officer spots are full. For those of you still wallowing in your puddle of confusion, the answer was Paul Newman. The first part went to St. Paul which most of you figured out. The second part was Newman's Own Organics, which make all the products listed.
First clue will be posted soon.
*slams head on desk for not eating organtic food*

-as for the hint, I can confirm it is pointing to Troy University because I watched the movie.
PacificGoldenPlover
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: CA

Post by PacificGoldenPlover »

Another possible, tenuous synonym for institute is "tech" (cal tech, Virginia Tech, etc.) If this is the case, the assassin is referring to the Troy Tech program at Troy High School, of which I am a member.
Life List: n. A list of bird species definitively seen by a birdwatcher.
PacificGoldenPlover's Life List : 319
Most recent lifer: Red-throated Loon

2014 (Mira Loma/Troy/Regionals/States/Nationals)
Dynamic Planet (2/2/1/1/1)
Designer Genes (1/4/1/13 (???)/13 (figures)
Water Quality (1/1/3/1/3)
TheGenius
State: KS

Post by TheGenius »

Alright. I accuse harryk of being the assassinator due to a growing body of evidence against him, including: grammar and syntax similar to the assassinator, the strange rebuke that the assassinator gave to him, and that the assassinator is from Houston (discovered when the assassinator clicked on a link to my website, which logs IP addresses).
Any opinions expressed by TheGenius are those of individual brain cells and not necessarily those of the brain as a whole. Use information provided at your own risk.
152sQFbSTLEmeLiqUEWxmrEDpdiWKGvXJD

quadratic
State: IL

Post by quadratic »

why did we switch sassy accounts the first one the first ever poster in the new phpBB forum
3.14159265358979323846264338327905 from memory.
I AM THE ASSASSINATOR
fmtiger124
State: NY

Post by fmtiger124 »

PacificGoldenPlover wrote:Another possible, tenuous synonym for institute is "tech" (cal tech, Virginia Tech, etc.) If this is the case, the assassin is referring to the Troy Tech program at Troy High School, of which I am a member.
Guys...honestly....stop looking for really detailed random bs reasons to get protected...they're wrong.
TheGenius wrote:Alright. I accuse harryk of being the assassinator due to a growing body of evidence against him, including: grammar and syntax similar to the assassinator, the strange rebuke that the assassinator gave to him, and that the assassinator is from Houston (discovered when the assassinator clicked on a link to my website, which logs IP addresses).
If this is right.....harryk you never ever pick yourself if you just got involved in the games and have never been sassy before...you're going to get accused...that's how it is....especially since Alpha picked herself in the game right before
quadratic wrote:why did we switch sassy accounts the first one the first ever poster in the new phpBB forum
grammar. learn some. Read the old games..you'll figure it out.
harryk
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: TX

Post by harryk »

TheGenius wrote:Alright. I accuse harryk of being the assassinator due to a growing body of evidence against him, including: grammar and syntax similar to the assassinator, the strange rebuke that the assassinator gave to him, and that the assassinator is from Houston (discovered when the assassinator clicked on a link to my website, which logs IP addresses).
Grrr... I thought I had lost you. Though I didn't click on that link, so dunno how that happened :?
Anyways Pm me your pick
fmtiger124 wrote: If this is right.....harryk you never ever pick yourself if you just got involved in the games and have never been sassy before...you're going to get accused...that's how it is....especially since Alpha picked herself in the game right before
You're right, I was excited about the prospect of being assassinator so I took it while I had the chance

So for my measly one clue, which all of you actually fell for the trap
It was targeting winneratlife, who goes to Troy Athens Highschool, though I predicted you would all immediately jump to just Troy and freak out thinking who it could be
Colorado School of Mines
"Yes, he likes that; Alfie! Though personally he prefers to be called Stormaggedon, Dark Lord of All" - The Doctor, Closing Time
paleonaps
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by paleonaps »

It would be really epic if it was harryk.

I'm sorry I missed this round, it looks really cool. If it's not harryk, I would be sad.
EDIT: Fail.
Brown University 2017
2009 B Division National Ecology Champion
4 time National Medalist
Farewell Science Olympiad. We will meet again.

Return to “Assassinator Games”