Scioly Assassination 103: Murder by Death

Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Re: Scioly Assassination 103: Murder by Death

Post by Assassinator »

Friday the 13th, Midnight.
I trudge back from another encounter with that fortune teller. Some jerk managed to teach it a water type move too, and being soaking wet at this time of night isn't a situation that one warms up to. I sneak into fozendog's house and leave a glass of Accusation Chocolate Milk and an Accusation Onion with instructions to spill and to cut respectively. Still annoyed, I unplug his refrigerator. Maybe that'll warm him up to the idea of his up and coming death.
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

12 10 25 || 01 82 16
mogus
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

caseyotis buzzes into the workplace late at night, intending to catch up on some paperwork before the boss gets in. The scanner annouces proudly "caseyotis: User ID: 18216, Hired: 2013-10-25", and he procedes through lobby. His footsteps echo through the dim halls as he walks to his office. He pauses momentarily and looks around - what was that sound? After a moment, he shrugs it off to his imagination and continues to his office. He reaches the door and jiggles the handle - locked of course. As he reaches into his pocket to fish out his keys, he hears the sound again; a faint shuffling, maybe? Probably a rat, or pipes, or nothing. After fumbling around to find the right key, caseyotis inserts it into the lock, or at least tries to. It wouldn't go in at all. He leans over and squints at the keyhole in the dim light. Someone had filled it with candle wax! He feels a sharp pain at the back of his head and then nothing.
---
I look out across Rocket City from the bell tower. A sad town, full of much hope and promise that had slowly died off. I had left a scrap of paper reading "Gur Tnzr" in the police station, and was taking a last look at the city. With a heavy sigh, I climb down the tower and buy a train ticket to go back east. I'll leave in a few days. Yes, it will be earlier than usual, but it's already too late.
mogus
ali941
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ali941 »

"gur tnzr" put through a rot-13 cipher yields "the game". I protect Cedavis6 because she mentions the game, and I just lost the game.
2013 Events:
Sounds of Music, Rocks and Minerals, Dynamic Planet, Metric Mastery: 2nd, Regionals

Hopeful 2014 events:
Dynamic Planet, Rocks and Minerals, Technical Problem Solving, Designer Genes, Astronomy*, MagLev*

IM AN ALICORN
The sky ain't sky blue. Who'da thunk it?
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

By the lake, Cedavis6 is walking along the boardwalk to collect her salary from the bank. She only has $50 to her name, but her salary should be able to keep her on her feet for a while. Suddenly, she trips andright onto a tax form. She now owes $75 in taxes, meaning she must file bankruptcy, and everyone knows that means immediate death. Just as she's about to have a heart attack, ali941 appears and throws a jar of quarters at Cedavis6, saving her life and giving her a nasty bruise. While Cedavis6 is eyeing her newfound wealth, ali941 finds an Accusation pea with instructions to flick and maim.
mogus
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: IL

Post by Skink »

Psst, officers, if anyone cares, take note of that post time.
Assassinator
Posting Games Account

Post by Assassinator »

Skink wrote:Psst, officers, if anyone cares, take note of that post time.
Yeah, you could do that, and maybe you could look at the times I've posted late at night (3am-ish) or right on the hour too. But really, you would be much better off looking at the really big* ID clue I gave you earlier. And speaking of clues, this next one is targeting the local guy who can't count to twenty nine.
*really really extra big, to be exact
mogus
Makeithappen
Division: B
State: IL

Post by Makeithappen »

I think it's targeting mr burrito due to to his steak almost reaching 29
Invites: 2nd in Dynamic Planet and Water Quality
6th place Food Science Solon Invite
Regionals: 4th place Food Science, 3rd place Dynamic Planet 2nd place Water Qualtiy
fozendog
Division: Grad
State: WA

Post by fozendog »

I protect mrburrito
Stanford '19
Camas Science Olympiad Alumnus
Events: Protein Modeling, Cell Biology, Disease Detectives, Experimental Design, Dynamic Planet, Water Quality
mrburrito
Division: B
State: TN

Post by mrburrito »

Strange, I remember posting 29. There is a one day break between my streak posts. When geminicross said "lolwut", I recall a quote box with me saying 29 in it. I believe my post was removed by an administrator. The clue definitely points to me though.
I bet you had to read this twice

Meliores Sumus Te

Visit my Wiki page: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Mrburrito

Return to “Assassinator Games”