Final Action clarification

mydad

Final Action clarification

Post by mydad »

Hello, Can I get the clarification on this rule for final action please - In the rules, it says “…must be moved at least 20 horizontal cm from its original resting position and placed on the golf tee…” Does this mean that the distance between the tee and the start needs be 20 horizontal centimeters or that the golf ball needs to travel at least 20 horizontal centimeters?
knightmoves

Re: Final Action clarification

Post by knightmoves »

mydad wrote: January 11th, 2021, 8:45 am Hello, Can I get the clarification on this rule for final action please - In the rules, it says “…must be moved at least 20 horizontal cm from its original resting position and placed on the golf tee…” Does this mean that the distance between the tee and the start needs be 20 horizontal centimeters or that the golf ball needs to travel at least 20 horizontal centimeters?
The only place you can get an official clarification is the soinc website.

My interpretation of this rule is that the point at which the golf ball rests after the start action must be at least 20 cm horizontally from the golf tee. So you can't satisfy this rule by moving the ball in a circle with arc length 20cm, and you can't have the tee 20cm from the start, if the ball moves half-way towards the tee as part of the start action.
These users thanked the author knightmoves for the post:
mydad (January 11th, 2021, 6:36 pm)

Return to “Mission Possible B”