State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Ping Pong Parachute B/C

Post by Godspeed » September 15th, 2020, 8:13 pm

sciolyperson1 wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 11:41 pm
Jomacteacher wrote:
September 10th, 2020, 8:46 pm
It does specify tire pump too. I know that at two competitions we had last year, they used compressors. Using a pump will cut into your time.
I agree, I've also been to competitions where the event supervisor would use the compressor for you (you tell them psi, they just plug it in). I'm not sure if I like the rule change, but I doubt it'll make a huge difference.
Thank god they're making that a rule. At my regional, there was an air compressor and we could use our own bike pump, but the measurement on the meter was inaccurate (because some pressure didn't get released every launch because of an overly complex tube system that didn't need to exist which is why we didn't use our own bike pump.) This made us have to use the air compressor, but since the air compressor sucks in air from the room it is in, when we launched our rocket, the parachute was pulled towards the air compressor and messed up our launch (not an official launch btw.) But because of the air compressor and how air circulates in a room, some teams got an advantage and got their parachutes pushed upwards by the air current... quite literally... the parachute literally got pushed upwards by the air and went against gravity.

Return to “Ping Pong Parachute B/C”