Division: C
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Ping Pong Parachute B/C

Post by Godspeed »

CookiePie1 wrote: November 4th, 2020, 5:37 pm
sciolyperson1 wrote: November 4th, 2020, 4:05 pm
Godspeed wrote: November 4th, 2020, 10:56 am

Yeah, if you can afford it, it's totally worth getting a Nerds launcher because most tournaments use Nerds launchers, and they are typically the most accurate launchers.
> typically the most accurate launchers

X to doubt, every single launcher model I've used has had flaws (LISO nerdsinc, our pvc, nj B pvc)
NJ uses these aquaport launcher things and they're pretty inconsistent

Edit: also adding that aside from the nerds inc one, launchers are usually manufactured with a toy-like product in mind (it's just for kids to launch bottle rockets for fun) and I don't think consistency is that high on their list of priorities. Nerds inc is diff bc it was marketed towards scioly teams (right?) and I feel like the materials used are fairly high quality. They are by far better than other launchers but aren't immune to problems either.
I'm pretty sure Nerds Inc. quite literally advertises their launchers as "Science Olympiad Launchers."
brennalanay
State: ND
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by brennalanay »

I feel like it would depend on which bottle you are using but with all honesty you don't need anything inside of your bottle anyways so i would advise you not to do it because if they do catch you you have a very good chance of getting disqualified. :D
Pebble
Division: B
State: MD

Post by Pebble »

Godspeed wrote: November 4th, 2020, 8:27 pm
sciolyperson1 wrote: November 4th, 2020, 4:05 pm

> typically the most accurate launchers

X to doubt, every single launcher model I've used has had flaws (LISO nerdsinc, our pvc, nj B pvc)

Edit: also adding that aside from the nerds inc one, launchers are usually manufactured with a toy-like product in mind (it's just for kids to launch bottle rockets for fun) and I don't think consistency is that high on their list of priorities. Nerds inc is diff bc it was marketed towards scioly teams (right?) and I feel like the materials used are fairly high quality. They are by far better than other launchers but aren't immune to problems either.
I'm pretty sure Nerds Inc. quite literally advertises their launchers as "Science Olympiad Launchers."
If I were to use Nerds Inc bottle launcher, which one would you recommend? (if you've use it)
ok
JonB
Coach
Coach
State: FL

Post by JonB »

Pebble wrote: June 8th, 2021, 3:50 pm

If I were to use Nerds Inc bottle launcher, which one would you recommend? (if you've use it)
The Model Z (dedicated indoor launchpad) found here: https://www.nerdsinc.com/products/model-z
Pebble
Division: B
State: MD

Post by Pebble »

JonB wrote: June 9th, 2021, 3:57 am

The Model Z (dedicated indoor launchpad) found here: https://www.nerdsinc.com/products/model-z
Thanks!
ok
Godspeed
State: CA

Post by Godspeed »

Yeah I would definitely recommend the Model Z, they are definitely the best launchers that I have used and most consistent. Most tournaments we went to had this launcher as well, though I don't know if that's how it is where you are. As long as the launcher that you get doesn't have to go into the ground, you should be fine. These include the Model Z and the Model D.

Return to “Ping Pong Parachute B/C”