​W​r​i​g​h​t​ ​S​t​u​f​f​ ​C​

OpticsNerd
Division: C
State: WI
Has thanked: 0

Re: ​W​r​i​g​h​t​ ​S​t​u​f​f​ ​C​

Post by OpticsNerd »

I love it. Absolutely no changes to what are undoubtedly the best WS rules ever written.

Nothing is more fun than having a pile of broken propellers after each practice.
Last edited by OpticsNerd on September 9th, 2020, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author OpticsNerd for the post:
Creationist127 (September 9th, 2020, 2:31 pm)
CrayolaCrayon
State: PA

Post by CrayolaCrayon »

OpticsNerd wrote: September 9th, 2020, 2:01 pm I love it. Absolutely no changes to what are undoubtedly the best WS rules ever written.
;)
MIT '25
MIT Wright Stuff ES '22
BirdSO Wright Stuff ES '22
DatSciolyBoi
State: CA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by DatSciolyBoi »

Oh boy, can't wait to pull out the plane I built last season for tryouts then never saw again.
Chaparral Middle School -> Troy High School
Background in: Wright Stuff, Bottle Rocket, Mission Possible, Wind Power, Experimental Design, Elastic Launched Glider, Fossils, Mystery Architecture
Builder Cult Satanic Group .CO :twisted:
Co-Sassy of Game 138: Tanks and Turrets
Creationist127
State: IN

Post by Creationist127 »

DatSciolyBoi wrote: September 9th, 2020, 7:42 pm Oh boy, can't wait to pull out the plane I built last season for tryouts then never saw again.
My plane has been sitting in our build room since they locked us down in March. Had I known we'd be out for more than two weeks I'd've brought it home... Not that I'd've worked on it...
2018: Hovercraft, Thermo, Coaster, Solar System
2019: Thermo, Circuit Lab, Sounds, Wright Stuff
2020: Circuit Lab, Wright Stuff, Machines
2021: Circuit Lab, Machines, WIDI, anything but Wright Stuff

Can I request that we delete 2020 from our memories and do it over again?
jaspattack
Division: Grad
State: MO

Post by jaspattack »

Creationist127 wrote: September 9th, 2020, 11:00 am Oh joy, another year of telling myself I should order a kit and then not... telling myself I should test and then not... telling myself I should learn how to make a three-bladed prop and then not... telling myself I should figure out what all the brains on the WS forum are even saying and then not...
In all seriousness, are they going to even run WS at most online competitions? Like, are they supposed to make us send in a video, or are they just supposed to skip the event?
For Satellite tournaments I would imagine that the "proctor" would record for the duration of the event (e.g. from the time you walk in to the time you leave) and upload it somewhere somehow. For Mini build events likely wouldn't be run at all due to the reduced event slate.
CHS '21 // Mizzou '25 | Jaspattack's Userpage

2020-21 Events: Designer Genes, Forensics, Ornithology, Protein Modeling

I edit the wiki sometimes.
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NJ

Post by sciolyperson1 »

jaspattack wrote: September 10th, 2020, 6:22 am
Creationist127 wrote: September 9th, 2020, 11:00 am Oh joy, another year of telling myself I should order a kit and then not... telling myself I should test and then not... telling myself I should learn how to make a three-bladed prop and then not... telling myself I should figure out what all the brains on the WS forum are even saying and then not...
In all seriousness, are they going to even run WS at most online competitions? Like, are they supposed to make us send in a video, or are they just supposed to skip the event?
For Satellite tournaments I would imagine that the "proctor" would record for the duration of the event (e.g. from the time you walk in to the time you leave) and upload it somewhere somehow. For Mini build events likely wouldn't be run at all due to the reduced event slate.
Often times, uploading 150 8 minute videos isn't feasible for event supervisors to review (this goes for all builds as well, not just wright). I wouldn't expect any form of recording unless an invitational does something different for builds (SOUP, for example).
These users thanked the author sciolyperson1 for the post:
jaspattack (September 10th, 2020, 9:47 am)
SoCal Planning Team & BirdSO Tournament Director
WW-P HSN '22, Community MS '18
Sciolyperson1's Userpage
jaspattack
Division: Grad
State: MO

Post by jaspattack »

sciolyperson1 wrote: September 10th, 2020, 7:49 am
jaspattack wrote: September 10th, 2020, 6:22 am
Often times, uploading 150 8 minute videos isn't feasible for event supervisors to review (this goes for all builds as well, not just wright). I wouldn't expect any form of recording unless an invitational does something different for builds (SOUP, for example).
That's fair. I was mainly just considering it in terms of verification that the team isn't cheating, and it could be reviewed in the case that foul play is reported. It's like self-reporting test scores. Sure, you can put in the information yourself, but you'll still eventually have to send in a report that proves you're not lying.
CHS '21 // Mizzou '25 | Jaspattack's Userpage

2020-21 Events: Designer Genes, Forensics, Ornithology, Protein Modeling

I edit the wiki sometimes.
CookiePie1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by CookiePie1 »

Given the current course of the pandemic, I have a feeling we won't even get satellite tournaments for much of the season.
South Brunswick High School Captain '22
2020 Events: Protein Modeling, Ping Pong Parachute, Wright Stuff, Sounds of Music
2021 Events: Protein Modeling, Sounds of Music, Ornithology
2022 Events: TBD

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein
sciolyperson1
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by sciolyperson1 »

CookiePie1 wrote: September 10th, 2020, 5:45 pm Given the current course of the pandemic, I have a feeling we won't even get satellite tournaments for much of the season.
Lol we have hope, NJSO sent out a survey a few days ago and hopefully they'll resort to satellite.
SoCal Planning Team & BirdSO Tournament Director
WW-P HSN '22, Community MS '18
Sciolyperson1's Userpage
jander14indoor
Has thanked: 0

Post by jander14indoor »

Seems like they are talking about three kinds of tournaments, depending on how open your school is.
Most restrictive, on line event, test events only, limited slate of events.
Schools open for in person attendance, but no inter school events, test events and some hands on events, still open if WS will be part of those. Honor system, proctored by your school faculty.
Fully open for multi school tournaments, normal slate of events.

On doing well in the event, check last years discussions. With no changes in the rules (and that's pretty well across all events) last years board has a LOT of information, including what is practically a master's class on how to approach Wright Stuff rigourously.

Jeff Anderson
Livonia, MI
These users thanked the author jander14indoor for the post:
JasperKota (September 13th, 2020, 1:56 pm)

Return to “Wright Stuff C”