National Free Flight Society Sponsorship

coachchuckaahs
Coach
Coach
Division: B
State: NM

National Free Flight Society Sponsorship

Post by coachchuckaahs »

It has just been announced that the National Free Flight Society (NFFS) is now the Technology/Aeronautical Category Sponsor for the 2021 season. This includes Wright Stuff for C, and ELG for B. A press release can bee seen at the NFFS Youth Development Program facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/Free-Flight-Yo ... 3886587798.

What will this mean:
  • NFFS will provide scholarships for Div. C winners at Nationals
  • NFFS will promote indoor flying, and model flying as a hobby as well as a path to career opportunities
  • NFFS will generate resources to help students excel in the Aeronautical Category. This will include how-to videos (NFFS YouTube channel youtube.com/channel/UCucmaPRq2ws6rRTMHX_38YA)
  • NFFS will work with SO to develop a Mentor Portal to match local mentors with teams
  • NFFS will work with SO to assist/guide and/or operate the flying events at various SO tournaments
  • NFFS will promote SO involvement at NFFS/AMA Nationals, including hands on-seminars, Wright Stuff and ELG events, starting this July in Pontiac Michigan
  • NFFS Members include Coach Chuck, Coach Brian, and Coach Tom (SO Nationals ES many times), bringing a continuity of quality support
There are many additional ideas we are working on to enhance the relationship between NFFS and SO. Some of this will take time, but we hope to hit the ground running.

We believe this is a great partnership.

Coach Chuck
Last edited by coachchuckaahs on January 30th, 2021, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author coachchuckaahs for the post (total 3):
CookiePie1 (January 30th, 2021, 12:26 pm) • sciolyperson1 (January 30th, 2021, 2:24 pm) • builderguy135 (January 30th, 2021, 2:35 pm)
Coach, Albuquerque Area Home Schoolers Flying Events
Nationals Results:
2016 C WS 8th place
2018 B WS 2nd place
2018 C Heli Champion
2019 B ELG 3rd place
2019 C WS Champion
AMA Results: 3 AAHS members qualify for US Jr Team in F1D, 4 new youth senior records
xiangyu
Division: Grad
State: MI
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: National Free Flight Society Sponsorship

Post by xiangyu »

coachchuckaahs wrote: January 30th, 2021, 10:39 am It has just been announced that the National Free Flight Society (NFFS) is now the Technology/Aeronautical Category Sponsor for the 2021 season. This includes Wright Stuff for C, and ELG for B. A press release can bee seen at the NFFS Youth Development Program facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/Free-Flight-Yo ... 3886587798.

What will this mean:
  • NFFS will provide scholarships for Div. C winners at Nationals
  • NFFS will promote indoor flying, and model flying as a hobby as well as a path to career opportunities
  • NFFS will generate resources to help students excel in the Aeronautical Category. This will include how-to videos (NFFS YouTube channel youtube.com/channel/UCucmaPRq2ws6rRTMHX_38YA)
  • NFFS will work with SO to develop a Mentor Portal to match local mentors with teams
  • NFFS will work with SO to assist/guide and/or operate the flying events at various SO tournaments
  • NFFS will promote SO involvement at NFFS/AMA Nationals, including hands on-seminars, Wright Stuff and ELG events, starting this July in Pontiac Michigan
  • NFFS Members include Coach Chuck, Coach Brian, and Coach Tom (SO Nationals ES many times), bringing a continuity of quality support
There are many additional ideas we are working on to enhance the relationship between NFFS and SO. Some of this will take time, but we hope to hit the ground running.

We believe this is a great partnership.

Coach Chuck
Coach Chuck,

This is so cool! I think it will definitely help many teams. And I just want to express my appreciation for you and the other coaches who have helped me and others on this forum over the past couple of years. Keep us updated and let me know if I can help in any way. :D

Xiangyu
Medal & Ribbon Count: 33
Former EGRHS Team Captain 2017-2021
https://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Xiangyu
Airco2020
Has thanked: 0

Post by Airco2020 »

Coach Chuck,

I agree with Xiangyu! You guys have been so generous and helpful over the past couple years. It's very sad to see nothing happening on this forum :cry:

I built a new plane this year. The one chance I had in the gym it performed much better than last year's plane. We have a "virtual" invitational coming up that will include build events so I'm excited about that. Don't really care how any of this is scored, I'm just excited to be able to fly and test my other projects.

Thanks again for all the knowledge you've shared and this new partnership sounds like it will be great for the future of SO!
coachchuckaahs
Coach
Coach
Division: B
State: NM

Post by coachchuckaahs »

Depending where in the country you are, we will be having Wright Stuff at the Pontiac AMA Nationals in July. For those not in a State doing WS, or not making Nationals, this would be one last chance to actually fly your WS plane (as well as ELG). Build and LPP too and join the fun!

NM has gone virtual, and will have Heli as a Trial at State. This is because the State is still on a hard lockdown, and many schools will not have access to a gym. Heli can be flown at home.

Coach Chuck
Coach, Albuquerque Area Home Schoolers Flying Events
Nationals Results:
2016 C WS 8th place
2018 B WS 2nd place
2018 C Heli Champion
2019 B ELG 3rd place
2019 C WS Champion
AMA Results: 3 AAHS members qualify for US Jr Team in F1D, 4 new youth senior records

Return to “Wright Stuff C”