Edit
Shr3D
Division: C
State: FL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2019

Post by Shr3D »

Hi, so I was wondering about what would happen if I were to do something on Wright Stuff; if it were to get accepted (whatever it may be, a guide, or pics) and if I were to choose not to have my plans from this year’s season publicly posted, would people with access to SSSS resources still see them next season?? I would really like to share and contribute to SSSS but I wouldn’t really like to give away all of my secrets.

Div. B:
2016 - ANAT*, BB
2017 - ANAT*, CB, HC*, Scrambler
2018 - HC*, T, WS*
Div. C:
2019 - BM, MP, WS*
2020 - (not final yet) ANAT, BM, CL, CM, WS
reninkidney
Division: B
State: CA
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Post by reninkidney »

Yes, they will. Edit: (Nevermind, oops! :oops: )
Last edited by reninkidney on July 18th, 2019, 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2021 Events: A&P, Heredity, XPD
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NY

Post by syo_astro »

Shr3D wrote:Hi, so I was wondering about what would happen if I were to do something on Wright Stuff; if it were to get accepted (whatever it may be, a guide, or pics) and if I were to choose not to have my plans from this year’s season publicly posted, would people with access to SSSS resources still see them next season?? I would really like to share and contribute to SSSS but I wouldn’t really like to give away all of my secrets.

Just going to ignore post by reninkidney since not sure why they said that.

Shr3d: No, they wouldn't be since we take down all the files before we begin SSSS each season.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
voisinet22
State: MI

Post by voisinet22 »

Sorry if I'm repeating already asked questions, but I've never heard of the SSSS before now and I was curious about how it worked. So if I understood correctly, people make rules or tests for upcoming events and they are then reviewed and submitted and eventually released publicly.
Are the notes tips to help someone get started in an event or is it more of how-to instructions and deeper info about the event, and when/who are the notes and tests released to?
hmmm
State: NJ

Post by hmmm »

voisinet22 wrote:Sorry if I'm repeating already asked questions, but I've never heard of the SSSS before now and I was curious about how it worked. So if I understood correctly, people make rules or tests for upcoming events and they are then reviewed and submitted and eventually released publicly.
Are the notes tips to help someone get started in an event or is it more of how-to instructions and deeper info about the event, and when/who are the notes and tests released to?
not rules; rules are made by soinc
Community 2017-2019
WWP North 2019-2023
Wiki Userpage
wec01
State: VA

Post by wec01 »

hmmm wrote:
voisinet22 wrote:Sorry if I'm repeating already asked questions, but I've never heard of the SSSS before now and I was curious about how it worked. So if I understood correctly, people make rules or tests for upcoming events and they are then reviewed and submitted and eventually released publicly.
From what I understand, only those who have submitted something will be able to see other submissions while SSSS is ongoing, then at the end of the summer, the submissions are made public on scioly (excluding ones written by people who wanted them to be private). I don't think that the resources are necessarily targeted towards either people new to the event or people who are going further in depth, it's just up to whoever makes them.
2019 Division C Nationals Medals:
4th place Fossils
5th place Sounds of Music
2nd place Thermodynamics
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: NY

Post by syo_astro »

wec01 wrote:
hmmm wrote:
From what I understand, only those who have submitted something will be able to see other submissions while SSSS is ongoing, then at the end of the summer, the submissions are made public on scioly (excluding ones written by people who wanted them to be private). I don't think that the resources are necessarily targeted towards either people new to the event or people who are going further in depth, it's just up to whoever makes them.
voisinet, welcome to SSSS!!!

The responses are mostly accurate (rules are made by soinc, but rules are not released until Fall, resources don't have to be released, etc). Just to reiterate the point of SSSS: really, it's target is pretty much just anyone involved with Science Olympiad. It's more just to build on the existing community, share resources, and help you figure out (or help others figure out) what they wanna do in scioly. It's meant for figuring out whatever helps you most whether that may be learning some of the background design principles for a certain build, notes for an event you haven't tried, or a test for an event you know well and want to dig deeper into.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
neuro

Post by neuro »

Are any of the moderators currently looking over my test?
Thank you
Troy SciOly 18' - 20'

Return to “SSSS & SEC”