We will be running three events: Digital Structures, Quantum Quandaries, and Water Quality! You will need to register in advance in order to participate.
- Digital Structures will follow the trial event rules here with a twist! You will need a paid SkyCiv license to participate. In order not to interfere with your participation in tournaments, you will be required not to turn on Competition Mode. You will start the event with a Scilympiad test where you will receive parameters and submit some predictions, you will design and test your structure in SkyCiv, and you will make your submission by 1) sharing your SkyCiv file and 2) uploading a screenshot via a Google Form.
- Quantum Quandaries will use the modified trial event rules here.
- Water Quality will follow the rules in the official 2021 Rules Manual.
The SMEC Scilympiad page can be found here.
Timeline: All times on days will be 3:00 PM ET / 12:00 PM PT.
- February 21 - Registration opens! Registration is through Google Forms, and you will login through Scilympiad later (instructions will be provided)
- February 24 - Registration for SMEC closes. We will not be accepting late registrations for Scilympiad.
- February 25/26 - Emails will be sent out containing instructions for Scilympiad logins.
- February 27 - Event starts!
- March 6 - Event ends!
Registration has started!
- May students in college compete?
Yes. Students must be 13 years of age or older, and must be in middle school, high school or college. Post-collegiate students MAY compete. Only participants located in the United States may register for this event.
- Will there be prizes?
As of the date of this posting, there will not be any prizes for this month's Scioly.org Monthly Event Challenges.
- What do I do if I have trouble accessing the Scilympiad system, before or during my test?
Contact sciolyperson1 via message on the Forums or by email. If you have questions about the event as a whole, contact bernard on Forums or by email.
- What events will be held in future SMECs?
Future SMECs will include an event rotation consisting of present and past events. Stay tuned to find out!
- Do I have to participate in Science Olympiad at my own school/homeschool in order to participate in this event?
No! The only requirement is a Scioly.org account.