Scioly Summer Study Session 2013

foreverphysics
Division: Grad
State: AL
Has thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2013

Post by foreverphysics »

Actually, that one we are trying to get approved. Since I'm not a chemistry expert (and neither is mnstr), we're trying to get our Chem people on, but they seem to have disappeared lately. But don't worry, we will get to it!
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: IL

Post by Skink »

Update: I've got chem stuff I'm working on myself, but I may not make the 31st deadline. It's not a tip top priority, either, because, I mean, opening a textbook is sufficient, and I'll have it all typed prior to the season. At any rate, there's only so much insight a user can add but trimming the fat that a text would have out and adding some SO-specific tips. No subsubtopics for reactions kinda hurts, too. Anyway, I've got the skeleton of what I'm submitting handwritten, but typing it up will take a long time.
GuyFromNowhere
Been thanked: 0

Post by GuyFromNowhere »

This may sound like a silly question, but can some of the note be copied and pasted or verbatim from the source? I have some material for a Designer Genes Note that I'm working on that is directly off the textbook or the internet, and it would take some time to rephrase/paraphrase all of them. If so, I would love to submit it prob tomorrow.
mnstrviola
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
State: CA

Post by mnstrviola »

GuyFromNowhere wrote:This may sound like a silly question, but can some of the note be copied and pasted or verbatim from the source? I have some material for a Designer Genes Note that I'm working on that is directly off the textbook or the internet, and it would take some time to rephrase/paraphrase all of them. If so, I would love to submit it prob tomorrow.
Yeah that should be fine. The notes need to be yours, and if you do directly take a whole lot of information from a textbook or website, it would be a good idea to credit it.
Crazy Puny Man
State: IN

Post by Crazy Puny Man »

Hey mnstr! Is the end of the SSSS Aug 1, like you said earlier in this thread, or Aug 31 like you said in the email you sent me?
foreverphysics

Post by foreverphysics »

It's the 31st of July--mnstr and I had a slight digression about this before SSSS started (and even after it started), so it shows up some places as August and some as July.

However, while that is the official end of summer scioly, it certainly does not mean you have to stop sending in notes! We'd be happy to look over any tests you write or notes you make if you wish us to, and the date of wiki upload is (still) in question, which means that basically, we'll still be accepting notes and tests up until we transfer everything to the wiki.

EDIT: Apparently it has been decided that the wiki upload date will be September 1st, so we will still be accepting notes and tests up until then.
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Skink »

YES! :D :D :D
I have more time.
foreverphysics

Post by foreverphysics »

The official end of SSSS...(but refer to my last post about sending in stuff)

Thank you to ALL of you guys for making this a HUGE success. When mnstr and I began this, we thought if we could get twenty total, we'd call it a success. We never expected to get more than thirty, or forty if we really, really pushed it. Yet as of now, we have more than seventy (pushing eighty) total submissions, and over sixty people who sent in things. We have about sixty resources uploaded (some of them are from the same person), either by the actual extension or posted by link on forums.

Guys, that is amazing. Seriously.

You guys made this a monumental success--better than we ever imagined would be possible. You're all incredible, and you will all definitely go far in your next season, judging by the calibre of your tests and notes. And it's a promise--we're having another one of these next year. Spread the word, all of you who joined in! Let's make next year even better than this one! And this really was one AMAZING year for SSSS.

While this is (technically) over, we'll still be accepting things up until September 1st (or if mnstr and I change the date, we'll let you know). And a last reminder: if any of you DO NOT want anything of yours to be uploaded to the wiki, please let mnstr or me know. Email or PM us with your username and a statement that you do not want your things uploaded, and it will be taken care of.

Thank you all again.

Crazy Puny Man
State: IN

Post by Crazy Puny Man »

The keys will be posted...?
foreverphysics

Post by foreverphysics »

Er, yeah, we have to work a little with that one, because if it's not done right, everything will get incredibly messy. If all else fails, the keys will simply be posted with the tests on the wiki.

Return to “SSSS & SEC”