John Richardsim
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: MI
Has thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2015

Post by John Richardsim »

windu34 wrote:In my state, I could guarantee a medal at regionals to someone with my field guide simply because it is neat, organized, and detailed yet to the point.(maybe not first, but def. top 3) My regional is not super competitive, but not entirely easy either.
If you are concerned about handing out your notes to any idiot who knows how to three-hole punch paper and put it in a binder, why not just request that your notes not be uploaded publicly at the end of SSSS?
foreverphysics wrote:All resources will all be added to the scioly.org wiki and Test Exchange unless the user requests otherwise. You MUST tell us beforehand if you do not wish to have your notes and/or tests uploaded publicly.
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: FL

Post by windu34 »

John Richardsim wrote:
windu34 wrote:In my state, I could guarantee a medal at regionals to someone with my field guide simply because it is neat, organized, and detailed yet to the point.(maybe not first, but def. top 3) My regional is not super competitive, but not entirely easy either.
If you are concerned about handing out your notes to any idiot who knows how to three-hole punch paper and put it in a binder, why not just request that your notes not be uploaded publicly at the end of SSSS?
foreverphysics wrote:All resources will all be added to the scioly.org wiki and Test Exchange unless the user requests otherwise. You MUST tell us beforehand if you do not wish to have your notes and/or tests uploaded publicly.
Just because they arent public doesn't mean someone else won't just take them, read them, and then print them for a friend or even themselves to spare themselves the countless hours of work, this is besides my main point though. If you want more people to participate in SSSS and not just have 95% tests, be more lenient on notes, they are significantly harder to make than tests.
Just a suggestion
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
ptkid
State: TX
Been thanked: 0

Post by ptkid »

^ I second windu34.
Seven Lakes High School '16
Previous National Champion in Green Generation and National Medalist in CJAP, Disease Detectives, Entomology, & Water Quality
Jaol
State: GA

Post by Jaol »

I don't know if you've ever done an event like entomology or invasives, but to read, annotate, and comprehend a list of 100 species takes an incredible amount of time.
Seconded
SHS1
Division: C
State: NY

Post by SHS1 »

Hi, thank you for accepting my submission! You may already be aware but there are a couple of repeated links in the Division C Tests, and there's a link for an IAT test answer key in the Division C Notes. Other than that SSSS looks great! :D
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by syo_astro »

SHS1 wrote:Hi, thank you for accepting my submission! You may already be aware but there are a couple of repeated links in the Division C Tests, and there's a link for an IAT test answer key in the Division C Notes. Other than that SSSS looks great! :D
Yeah, I know about that. I sometimes make mistakes misreading what I'm uploading >.<. I think robotman tends to be busy, he would need to remove it whenever I did it, and most people seem to not complain much/figure it out. forever wants to switch to dropbox or something next year to make it easier to handle, which should help greatly. Thanks for pointing it out.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA

Post by Magikarpmaster629 »

SHS1 wrote:Hi, thank you for accepting my submission! You may already be aware but there are a couple of repeated links in the Division C Tests, and there's a link for an IAT test answer key in the Division C Notes. Other than that SSSS looks great! :D
DId you use the draft rules for your species list?
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.
SHS1
Division: C

Post by SHS1 »

Magikarpmaster629 wrote:
DId you use the draft rules for your species list?
The NY invasives list has been the same for the past two years so I just used that!
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: FL

Post by windu34 »

To anyone with the draft list, did it change much? All of the ones I found online ere pretty much the same.
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
University of Florida Science Olympiad Co-Founder
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
[email protected] || windu34's Userpage
Magikarpmaster629
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
State: MA

Post by Magikarpmaster629 »

windu34 wrote:To anyone with the draft list, did it change much? All of the ones I found online ere pretty much the same.
This is invasive species I assume? I don't have the list, but I ask the same to anyone who does.
Ladue Science Olympiad (2014ish-2017)

A wild goose flies over a pond, leaving behind a voice in the wind.
A man passes through this world, leaving behind a name.

Return to “SSSS & SEC”