Scioly Summer Study Session 2015

syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 608
Joined: December 3rd, 2011, 9:45 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2015

Post by syo_astro » August 24th, 2015, 6:34 am

One could always be later! Besides, we are still getting a few submissions *cough samlan thank you for providing me an example* and some people really should go and finish theirs anyway *cough Unome? Well, I bet you are busy...whatever*. But yeah, read the first post of this thread, and you should be able to figure out how to email/what to do. If you have any other questions, then please feel free to ask.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteorology, Physical Science Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Earth's Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Gravity Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astronomy
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)

lp9845
Member
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: June 24th, 2015, 8:26 am
Division: C
State: NJ
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2015

Post by lp9845 » August 24th, 2015, 12:31 pm

I wanted to drop by and say thank you to all the mods/coordinators for SSSS! After getting accepted, I'm happy to see all the quality notes and tests submitted so far. :) Thanks for taking the time out of your schedules to run this program for us!

User avatar
Unome
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4269
Joined: January 26th, 2014, 12:48 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: somewhere in the sciolyverse
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2015

Post by Unome » August 24th, 2015, 1:11 pm

syo_astro wrote:One could always be later! Besides, we are still getting a few submissions *cough samlan thank you for providing me an example* and some people really should go and finish theirs anyway *cough Unome? Well, I bet you are busy...whatever*. But yeah, read the first post of this thread, and you should be able to figure out how to email/what to do. If you have any other questions, then please feel free to ask.
I would, but I don't know enough about the new systems to finish the test (plus I wrote Cardio first, which isn't there anymore).
Userpage
Chattahoochee High School Class of 2018
Georgia Tech Class of 2022

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.

User avatar
Fluorine
Member
Member
Posts: 126
Joined: March 29th, 2015, 2:29 pm
Division: Grad
State: FL
Location: Learning to live w/o SO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2015

Post by Fluorine » August 24th, 2015, 8:01 pm

I don't know if this is a dumb question. Is there a day that if we submit something that our notes/tests will for sure get reviewed (is that the deadline??). I resubmitted my notes the beginning of this week, and I wanted to know if my notes will definitely get reviewed or will I just have to see if the proctor for the event is able to look at them. I know I should have submitted them earlier, but...... stuff happens.

syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 608
Joined: December 3rd, 2011, 9:45 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2015

Post by syo_astro » August 24th, 2015, 10:13 pm

Fluorine wrote:I don't know if this is a dumb question. Is there a day that if we submit something that our notes/tests will for sure get reviewed (is that the deadline??). I resubmitted my notes the beginning of this week, and I wanted to know if my notes will definitely get reviewed or will I just have to see if the proctor for the event is able to look at them. I know I should have submitted them earlier, but...... stuff happens.
The next chance mods get to check something they do. I (we really >.>) certainly understand people get busy, but I hope you understand too that it goes both ways -_-. We are very sorry that sometimes submissions can't get done because of both sides, but I do hope yours will get another check! Short answer is that we for sure keep accepting submissions until the 31st, and then I can't remember if we keep checking after the 31st (I don't think we do, but I leave that up to forever?). All that should be noted is that yeah, nearing the end of summer checks get less frequent, but I will try to remind when possible.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteorology, Physical Science Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Earth's Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Gravity Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astronomy
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)

User avatar
Fluorine
Member
Member
Posts: 126
Joined: March 29th, 2015, 2:29 pm
Division: Grad
State: FL
Location: Learning to live w/o SO
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2015

Post by Fluorine » August 25th, 2015, 9:04 am

Thank you for the response! I completely understand and respect the time of all the awesome people involved with SSSS.

chscioly
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 3:18 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2015

Post by chscioly » August 28th, 2015, 4:53 pm

Sorry to bother you guys again, but has my Dynamic Planet test been uploaded yet? I understand that the people working on SSSS are all really busy with school starting, but it's been over a month since I submitted my test. It'd be great if one of you could look for my test and tell me how to access SSSS resources. Thanks.

syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 608
Joined: December 3rd, 2011, 9:45 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 12 times
Contact:

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2015

Post by syo_astro » August 28th, 2015, 7:26 pm

chscioly wrote:Sorry to bother you guys again, but has my Dynamic Planet test been uploaded yet? I understand that the people working on SSSS are all really busy with school starting, but it's been over a month since I submitted my test. It'd be great if one of you could look for my test and tell me how to access SSSS resources. Thanks.
Emailed you. Hope that fixes everything, sorry again, and thank you very much for the submission.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteorology, Physical Science Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Earth's Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Gravity Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astronomy
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)

chscioly
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: June 23rd, 2015, 3:18 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2015

Post by chscioly » August 28th, 2015, 8:01 pm

Thank you so much! I saw the email and looked at the resources, and everything looks amazing! I really appreciate the quick response.

User avatar
windu34
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Posts: 1366
Joined: April 19th, 2015, 6:37 pm
Division: Grad
State: FL
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Scioly Summer Study Session 2015

Post by windu34 » August 29th, 2015, 6:03 am

When do all the tests and materials become public?
Boca Raton Community High School Alumni
Florida Science Olympiad Board of Directors
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Member
kevin@floridascienceolympiad.org || windu34's Userpage

Post Reply

Return to “SSSS & SMEC”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest